ADVERTISEMENT

Howard in transfer portal

I think we are going to see a lot of people enter the transfer portal this year. This roster is probably going to look significantly different next year.

There are things that have obviously been going on behind the scenes and in the locker room that we don't know yet. You could tell in the Nebraska game that half the team would have rather been doing something else. It will eventually come out, as it did last year in basketball; when we found out about the toxic environment with last year's basketball team, which lead to changes.

Howard
Johnson (likely)
Major
Rucker
Perkins

Just in the past couple seasons. How are we going to get old and stay old, boss?

Howard
Johnson (likely)
Major
Rucker
Perkins

Just in the past couple seasons. How are we going to get old and stay old, boss?
Well, should probably take a look at where Major Rucker and Perkins transferred. Not exactly to football powers or even power 5 schools. Being old is one thing. Being old and sucking is another. We have some good young ones still. Some guys just aren’t BIG material. You take a chance and they sometimes don’t pan out , or don’t want to work hard enough to do so. When that happens they need to move on. And it appears that Johnson doesn’t seem to like working hard. Happened at Iowa and now Purdue. Kid may want to take a long look at himself.

Reactions: bonefish1
Howard
Johnson (likely)
Major
Rucker
Perkins

Not to mention the decommits in the secondary last year. I wonder how much of this is on Greg Brown. I think he must be on the hot seat this offseason.

Reactions: Poprudy
train tracks goes off the rails

Hilarious to see you hicks celebrate. Heard you and the hilljacks down in Monroe County were throwing a party "Deliverance" -style

4jabk_FdHcsrcZo0TPJSa-agPiDVHZ2r58wNPeN-Hqo5hA173sXDqqiotb3Sq9pOWWIr4sNITlCddA0ofhOG8druZqIO33BJQ8CMGPr6Jg

3lvdjp.jpg

LEO!!

Well, should probably take a look at where Major Rucker and Perkins transferred. Not exactly to football powers or even power 5 schools. Being old is one thing. Being old and sucking is another. We have some good young ones still. Some guys just aren’t BIG material. You take a chance and they sometimes don’t pan out , or don’t want to work hard enough to do so. When that happens they need to move on. And it appears that Johnson doesn’t seem to like working hard. Happened at Iowa and now Purdue. Kid may want to take a long look at himself.
We have some good, young ones at safety. At corner after Trice and Mackey we have... a maybe in Beverly and a maybe in Romphf. That’s it. Gotta hope for another Okonye on the transfer wire.

Reactions: DAG10
We have some good, young ones at safety. At corner after Trice and Mackey we have... a maybe in Beverly and a maybe in Romphf. That’s it. Gotta hope for another Okonye on the transfer wire.

What’s is it you think we have in Mackey? Lol

Not to mention the decommits in the secondary last year. I wonder how much of this is on Greg Brown. I think he must be on the hot seat this offseason.
Greg Brown has been here since last season. That hardly screams hot seat. The common denominator is Poindexter, who should be the hot seat candidate...

I've posted about the same thing, but on the flipside, maybe he's being real with the guys and they don't have the mental toughness or physical ability to improve. Also consider there are scheme issues at play.

My other thought with Geo Howard is, he could be struggling with grades and wasn't going to make it to next season. I believe he was the one who arrived later than expected due to having to finish a class at JUCO. We shall see where he ends up, that'll say a lot.

What you don't realize is we have a FSU transfer Mathews rated 97 and Williams was rated 89 on 247. The writing was on the wall a long time ago.
Really, I think Bell had more yards in his first 10 games than Mathews has had in 3 yrs.

What you don't realize is we have a FSU transfer Mathews rated 97 and Williams was rated 89 on 247. The writing was on the wall a long time ago.

We had a highly-rated transfer from ND who caught a whopping 1 catch for 4 yards. Ratings don’t matter once you step foot on campus.

Reactions: goboilers2
Wait...there is a position of need on the roster that nobody on the staff has recognized or addressed?

How the OL became a mess to begin with is bothersome, that it remains one is ridiculous...and, the secondary has had (and has) issues as well.

The only true position of strength from a recruiting standpoint is WR, and, even with the best WR duo maybe in the history of the program, and, one of the best in the country, Purdue has failed to take advantage of even that.

There are posts in this thread suggesting that the issue is guys not working hard or not being talented enough...either, while faults of the individuals, are equally faults of the staff and those that identified, targeted and recruited them.

There are posts suggesting that there will be a lot of roster changes...which, is also an indictment of the staff...more so in that there clearly are some staff issues, and, some that should have already been addressed, but in that they have not been, they should be the single highest priority as soon as this season officially has ended...but, I don't get the sense that will be the case...in fact, at the moment, the only conversation around anyone not being back from a support staff perspective is probably the one that anyone would least like to see move on.

this says four things to me. We can't build any depth if players who are not starters keep leaving. Secondly, I cannot believe the timing of this. Could he not wait until next week to announce his plans? Third, if you guys don't believe these players that are leaving are a very great loss, what does that say about our eye for talent when we brought them here?

and lastly, i believe brohm will be able to draft another class of at least 20 players. maybe tha t was his plan, and he needed a space, so he suggested to howard that he leave to make room for Wednesday's additions.

Greg Brown has been here since last season. That hardly screams hot seat. The common denominator is Poindexter, who should be the hot seat candidate...
Poindexter coaches safeties. How is he on the hot seat for issues at corner

Poindexter coaches safeties. How is he on the hot seat for issues at corner
Uhm, last time I looked, Poindexter was co-defensive coordinator and has been responsible for the secondary for the past 4 years. Of course, who the hell knows who's responsible for what in Brohm's crazy org structure. Greg Brown joined the staff in 2019. The secondary has been horrible since prior to 2019...

Uhm, last time I looked, Poindexter was co-defensive coordinator and has been responsible for the secondary for the past 4 years. Of course, who the hell knows who's responsible for what in Brohm's crazy org structure. Greg Brown joined the staff in 2019. The secondary has been horrible since prior to 2019...
Titles are meaningless. Sheppard is co-OC, think he has much input?

Poindexter has coached safeties. Brown has coached corners. Fire Brown. Said it last year too.

Reactions: Poprudy
dumb question. why do we have and need to have a separate coach for both safeties and corners? Couldn't one coach be able to coach both? after all, don't we have some defensive schemes that incorporate more than 4 defensive backs? Wouldn't having a secondary coach be sufficient and yield better results?

You mean auburn?
Uhm, no. I mean #38 getting burned by tight ends. I agree Allen and Grant have promise. But Grant wasn't on the field much at the beginning of the season. I'm with you on corners. But our safeties didn't light the world on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT