ADVERTISEMENT

How many pros on this team?

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
We have all heard the saying that you need future NBA players to win a championship. My question is, are there any pros on this team?

My thoughts are that Colvin seems the most likely but after that I could see Jacobson, Harris and Smith all having shots at a contract.

What are everyone else’s thought on this?

Talent wins. Saw that in last year's NCAAT final. Not only from UCONN but from Purdue's Edey.

But with experience, perhaps in the right year, it doesn't have to be NBA level talent, but maybe 2nd tier European/D League talent can be sufficient? Purdue has alot of those types.

And I agree with the above Jacobsen has a great NBA chance.

Last edited:
Talent wins. Saw that in last year's NCAAT final. Not only from UCONN but from Purdue's Edey.

But with experience, perhaps in the right year, it doesn't have to be NBA level talent, but maybe 2nd tier European/D League talent can be sufficient? Purdue has alot of those types.

And I agree with the above Jacobson has a great chance.
I would bump Gicarri to 60%. I think there is a world where he could have an Ivey-like trajectory.

Would also bump Jacobsen to 75%. You can't teach 7'4", and Purdue has a track record with those types.

Has a shot Braden Smith, Daniel Jacobsen, Myles Colvin, IMO Smith and Jacobsen are locks. Myles has to show a willingness to play a role.

Long shots TKR, Berg, and Cox. TKR has to have the year Painter has been projecting. Will is 7'2 and Mobile. Cox has the next level speed the NBA loves.

Built for a Euro league career Loyer, Harris, Benter, Burgess and Heide.

Furst will make a fine Doctor and Waddel will make a good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT