ADVERTISEMENT

How many pros on this team?

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
We have all heard the saying that you need future NBA players to win a championship. My question is, are there any pros on this team?

My thoughts are that Colvin seems the most likely but after that I could see Jacobson, Harris and Smith all having shots at a contract.

What are everyone else’s thought on this?

Talent wins. Saw that in last year's NCAAT final. Not only from UCONN but from Purdue's Edey.

But with experience, perhaps in the right year, it doesn't have to be NBA level talent, but maybe 2nd tier European/D League talent can be sufficient? Purdue has alot of those types.

And I agree with the above Jacobsen has a great chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: seminolesboilers
Talent wins. Saw that in last year's NCAAT final. Not only from UCONN but from Purdue's Edey.

But with experience, perhaps in the right year, it doesn't have to be NBA level talent, but maybe 2nd tier European/D League talent can be sufficient? Purdue has alot of those types.

And I agree with the above Jacobson has a great chance.
I would bump Gicarri to 60%. I think there is a world where he could have an Ivey-like trajectory.

Would also bump Jacobsen to 75%. You can't teach 7'4", and Purdue has a track record with those types.

My very scientific SWAG at NBA potential:

Jacobsen - 60%
Colvin - 40%
Smith - 20%
Heide - 20%
Harris - 20%
TKR - 5%
Burgess - 5%
Loyer - 5%
Cox - 5%
Benter - 1%
Furst - 0%
Waddell - 0%
Berg - 0%
Would jump Heide to 50%. Physically he is an NBA 3 and D. Needs to extend his range and keep working on his perimeter defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT