SIGNED

ncb0mzelpbeqnwnaxcu7

STEPHON
CASTLE
G
Connecticut 11/19/21
SIGNED

Let me guess…ThEY’rE ChEaTiNg!

The truth is despite their struggles lately (struggles from a Kentucky standpoint), Calipari is still a pretty good salesman of “come with me and you’ll be in the NBA”. Just peruse some NBA rosters, you’ll find multiple Wildcats on many. The results seem to back his claims.

Bradshaw and Wagner are teammates who may want to stick together. World class facilities (both basketball and living), national exposure from day 1, playing in front of one of the most rabid fan bases in the country, and being sold as a group who can come in and do something special (coveted NC #9). I’ve heard a lot of comparisons to the Wall, Cousins class they had when Cal first got there.

I’m sure some Lexington business folks or horse trainers are happy to help out with NIL deals as well.

Last edited:
Let me guess…ThEY’rE ChEaTiNg!

The truth is despite their struggles lately (struggles from a Kentucky standpoint), Calipari is still a pretty good salesman of “come with me and you’ll be in the NBA”. Just peruse some NBA rosters, you’ll find multiple Wildcats on many. The results seem to back his claims.

Bradshaw and Wagner are teammates who may want to stick together. World class facilities (both basketball and living), national exposure from day 1, playing in front of one of the most rabid fan bases in the country, and being sold as a group who can come in and do something special (coveted NC #9). I’ve heard a lot of comparisons to the Wall, Cousins class they had when Cal fist got there.

I’m sure some Lexington business folks or horse trainers are happy to help out with NIL deals as well.

2023 Prospect Rankings
FootballBasketball
#CHGPROSPECTCOMMIT STATUS
zvlil6qgzirlqbu5fyc0
ISAIAH
COLLIER
G
USC 11/16/22
VERBAL

flrvirejduxetk4c8mdc
MATAS
BUZELIS
F
Undecided
3-
udepag9rbsxmx4zwtfdj
DAJUAN
WAGNER JR.
G
Kentucky 11/14/22
VERBAL
twtruvxgetlfctnshhhe
JUSTIN
EDWARDS
F
Kentucky 7/26/22
VERBAL
mhjqtoarc4ikorldrd6j
AARON
BRADSHAW
C
Kentucky 10/14/22
VERBAL
eipjyyo0l0t8mtoopufe
MACKENZIE
MGBAKO
F
Duke 4/8/22
SIGNED
vebhcdd4rvy3obv8uymv
ROBERT
DILLINGHAM
G
Kentucky 6/24/22
VERBAL
8RONALD
HOLLAND
F
Texas 11/5/22
SIGNED
hxpqtasojutwhegbqjov
XAVIER
BOOKER
F
Michigan State 7/30/22
SIGNED

ncb0mzelpbeqnwnaxcu7
STEPHON
CASTLE
G
Connecticut 11/19/21
SIGNED
N. I. L.

When has Ky not gotten top 10 recruits? Look at NBA rosters, many are stocked with Ky guys, that sells, not to mention the Ky brand. Those guys will all be 1 and dones.

Reactions: indyogb
It will be interesting to see if they have NCAA tourney success. I feel like the past 5-6 yrs you've seen a strong shift in teams relying more on upperclassmen advancing to the final 4.

Kansas State and Texas both have several 5th year 23 and 24 y/o's that they rely on heavily. Other than Alabama, I think most of the other teams left rely mostly on Jr and Srs too.

Thank goodness the COVID year gift is almost over, but with the transfer free agency I think the strategy of loading up on one and dones for the blue bloods automatically equaling success might be a thing of the past.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
It will be interesting to see if they have NCAA tourney success. I feel like the past 5-6 yrs you've seen a strong shift in teams relying more on upperclassmen advancing to the final 4.

Kansas State and Texas both have several 5th year 23 and 24 y/o's that they rely on heavily. Other than Alabama, I think most of the other teams left rely mostly on Jr and Srs too.

Thank goodness the COVID year gift is almost over, but with the transfer free agency I think the strategy of loading up on one and dones for the blue bloods automatically equaling success might be a thing of the past.
I sure hope you're right.

The sad part is Calipari tells these kids he’ll get them to the NBA when the players who are worthy would get there anyway, and they would likely be more featured on a different team and potentially drafted higher.

Kentucky had 6 seniors this year. It was the most on Senior Night there since 1975. Several were transfers obviously.

I don't like Calipari. However, one thing I will say about Calipari is that you produce or he is not afraid to show you the door (or transfer portal). I know that seems cruel, but with the NIL, this is a business for both schools and athletes now.

Why recruit a one and done freshman when you can recruit an already developed upper class man with no penalty? The new transfer rules have fundamentally changed the game.

Reactions: Schnelk
The sad part is Calipari tells these kids he’ll get them to the NBA when the players who are worthy would get there anyway, and they would likely be more featured on a different team and potentially drafted higher.
Wisdom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT