ADVERTISEMENT

Hope we didn’t lose our head coach tonight

hamcoboiler

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2013
Hope this win keeps him in West LaLa for a longtime. Afraid every major program in the country will be pursuing him in the offseason if they have an opening.

It’s getting old to see that kind of post....Brohm will do whatever he does, we will respond
Tonight it’s time to smile

MBob shows up to Brohm’s office with a blank contract that is already signed. He simply states, ‘whatever it is you need to be successful and whatever you think you need to continue to cement your legacy at Purdue, I’ll make it happen.’

If that’s $6 million per year...you figure it out and you start knocking on your biggest donors doors. If that’s another dedicated football building...again, you make it happen.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
MBob shows up to Brohm’s office with a blank contract that is already signed. He simply states, ‘whatever it is you need to be successful and whatever you think you need to continue to cement your legacy at Purdue, I’ll make it happen.’

If that’s $6 million per year...you figure it out and you start knocking on your biggest donors doors. If that’s another dedicated football building...again, you make it happen.

I’m in total agreement with this. Brohm will again be at the top of the list for every big time program needing a coach and they’ll all get out the checkbook.
BUT, I trust MBob and I believe he’ll do whatever it takes financially to keep coach Brohm.

I’m in total agreement with this. Brohm will again be at the top of the list for every big time program needing a coach and they’ll all get out the checkbook.
BUT, I trust MBob and I believe he’ll do whatever it takes financially to keep coach Brohm.
But think...all the big time jobs are either entrenched with coaches (Bama, LSU, OSU. uM, MSU, PSU) or just made coaching changes 1-2 years ago (Florida, A&M, UCLA, VT, UT, etc). The market for a big time program likely isn’t for another 2-3 years that would be a step up from Purdue right now...and by that time Brohm may fully be entrenched.

But think...all the big time jobs are either entrenched with coaches (Bama, LSU, OSU. uM, MSU, PSU) or just made coaching changes 1-2 years ago (Florida, A&M, UCLA, VT, UT, etc). The market for a big time program likely isn’t for another 2-3 years that would be a step up from Purdue right now...and by that time Brohm may fully be entrenched.

Not to mention .. even after tonight big donors at those big jobs would be talking about how we have three losses. Here Brohm is king.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Like many of you, I am a big Jeff Brohm fan! The turnaround in the last 4 games has been phenomenal. I think Coach Brohm is staying in West Lafayette for a long time. Purdue really seems to fit him. I mean, how awesome is it to be able to whip Urban Meyer and a chance to beat Harbaugh every now and then too!? If he has Purdue really reaching it's potential in another couple of years; there aren't many college programs much better. If Purdue is competing for Big Ten titles, he will get all of the respect, glory and accolades he can stand. Really no reason to go anywhere else. Louisville can't hold a candle to a powerhouse Big Ten school really. If he stays for a long tenure; Coach Brohm could be a legend by the time he leaves! We just need to treat him right; continue to pay him well and hope that he stays for a decade or two.

Reactions: drewjin
If Purdue pays him well and builds what the program needs in the South End Zone and in the future, my bet is he will stay. One can’t let him and his staff walk away from all the excitement they have created!

Reactions: drewjin
I envisioned his roots driving significantly deeper after last nights game. He is very proud of what he has established here. If things go like I think they will in the next couple of years, I don’t even think Louisville can lure him away.

I envisioned his roots driving significantly deeper after last nights game. He is very proud of what he has established here. If things go like I think they will in the next couple of years, I don’t even think Louisville can lure him away.

The thread was started by a “Purdue poster”

Hope this win keeps him in West LaLa for a longtime. Afraid every major program in the country will be pursuing him in the offseason if they have an opening.
When this is the only negative thing that can be said after a monster game against the second best team in the nation, I'd say the program is in good shape.

Reactions: BBG and Frankie611
Feed trolls and end up with piles of bones and crappy iron weapon loot. Kill trolls and get troll fat for cool potions.

Not a troll, my first line of the OP was Hope a win like this keeps him around. From a play calling and game management point of view he is as good as there is in college football. That was made obvious last night and realistically everyone knows that. Purdue isn’t on par with many elite programs. I think Purdue can be elite under the right coach. I think we have him and I hope he stays.

Not a troll, my first line of the OP was Hope a win like this keeps him around. From a play calling and game management point of view he is as good as there is in college football. That was made obvious last night and realistically everyone knows that. Purdue isn’t on par with many elite programs. I think Purdue can be elite under the right coach. I think we have him and I hope he stays.
I'd like to add, from a player development pov as well!!!

Just enjoy the win and worry about that later. I think he won’t go anywhere. We will be in the Rose Bowl within the next 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT