ADVERTISEMENT

HOGS or FOOLS

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Just a perspective based at coaching at some successful HS FB programs, Joliet Catholic at the time, Mount Carmel, Richmond Senior in NC and Manvel in Texas. A coach can only do so much with schemes and until Coach Brohm can entice more and better Offensive Linemen to Purdue via, HS recruiting, JUCO’s, transfers and/or Graduate transfers, he has done the best they can with what he has right now!

We are not getting blow out in any games so far this season, a big change from the past, and I don’t believe we currently have the personnel on site to see the full scope of his offense as we close out 2017. A good O-Line gives you more time to do both run and pass to keep the Defense guessing and we have not been able to do both against the better teams as the season progressed.

As far as the next season goes, follow the trail of who arrives at Purdue via all the options listed above, see how that addresses the O-Line and Defensive graduation losses holes and enjoy the ride as Purdue rebuilds. It may be another case of some new personnel not arriving as late as May or June and watch for sooner and better early commitments from current HS Juniors!

Some have already predicted next season will be worse due to all the Defensive players that have to be replaced but while that can happen I believe we have the staff in place that will not let it happen! Boiler Up! (The older Chicagoland fans will remember that FOOLS was a Bear Team acronym for Fraternal Order of Offensive Linemen)

We have the right guy. Period. If you can’t see the difference between now and the past you are blind. CJB has nothing to work with at this point. We are PITIFUL at Wide Receiver, DB and O Line. He inherited QB’s that don’t fit his system. This is like the square peg round hole deal. GIVE THE MAN TIME and pay Holt and Levine whatever you need to to keep them. Only Kansas has been worse than we’ve been over the last 4 years! Keep that in perspective and keep supporting this team. Lost opportunities this year for sure but we must learn how to win. I’ll be very pleased if we are competitive at Iowa and bring the bucket home. Sorry for the rant and BTFU

To have two fourth downs and 12 inches and not be able to get one first down with the size running backs Purdue has is ridiculous. Boys against men on the O line.

I am not sure what people truly expected coming in to this season, but no coach in the world is going to take the mess we were in and turn it around in the first season.

Expecting that is just being unrealistic. If you can't see the improvement then you just simply are not watching and letting your emotions get the better of you.

i think coach went conservative for the past two or three games and started playing not to lose. that usually doesn't work out if you aren't as talented. in stacy's article, purdue still has time to change whole course of season, he was quoted saying the mighty boilers have to be more aggressive from the start and if they get beat it won't be for lack of throwing punches or something like that.

i love that mindset. go get em coach.

there's plenty of talent to win the next two.

boiler up

Reactions: reliobcn
The way I look at it, we've lost a lot of close games knowing we have had DFL or next to DFL ranked recruiting classes the past 4 seasons. Next year might also be rough given that we lose much of the defense starters so it could be a swap where the offense looks better but the defense takes a step back. But I think by year 3, you'll see that the step up in talent and some balance in the roster depth will be the difference maker in winning versus losing those close games. I don't have any doubts we have the right staff in place but again we gotta be patient and in the meanwhile they'll do what they can to find a way to win games.

Reactions: Bippus33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT