ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm...D. McCulley

Why pick such an arbitrary period like 11 years? Congrats on beating the worst coach we’ve ever had 4 times in a row while having one of your best? Even an extremely average coach like Hope won 3 of 4 bucket games.
also 3 of those 4 wins were in Bloomington due to a scheduling glitch. The series is 72-41 yikes

It's called a "blip".

Apparently you're new to CFB. Indiana HS FB players have always chosen Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, et al.

Nope. Not new to CFB. Find it amusing that IU football is suddenly relevant and y'all are having trouble dealing with it.

Nope. Not new to CFB. Find it amusing that IU football is suddenly relevant and y'all are having trouble dealing with it.

"....IU football is suddenly relevant and y'all are having trouble dealing with it."

LOL!

One, you stepped in it. IU football is not "suddenly relevant". You water down an already cupcake schedule, win enough to be bowl eligible, and call it the "season of a generation"... "suddenly relevant".

Two, you @sshats come here ... on a Purdue forum ... crowing, puffing out your chests, and don't understand how needy you look, constantly seeking validation. (The latest evidence: this post of yours).

Three, it appears that YOU are the ones having trouble dealing with it. You're acting exactly as it is: as if it's something new. Want validation? Acceptance? Stop acting like you've suddenly "arrived".

"....IU football is suddenly relevant and y'all are having trouble dealing with it."

LOL!

One, you stepped in it. IU football is not "suddenly relevant". You water down an already cupcake schedule, win enough to be bowl eligible, and call it the "season of a generation"... "suddenly relevant".

Two, you @sshats come here ... on a Purdue forum ... crowing, puffing out your chests, and don't understand how needy you look, constantly seeking validation. (The latest evidence: this post of yours).

Three, it appears that YOU are the ones having trouble dealing with it. You're acting exactly as it is: as if it's something new. Want validation? Acceptance? Stop acting like you've suddenly "arrived".

Personally, I just like giving you the opportunity to use the word "validation" again on a public forum.

Reactions: BTBall
It's not just a bad coach.The reason IU is inferior is because of the culture and its students and alumni. A bunch of country bumpkins going to the State party university who think they're going to win a national championship every year in basketball leads to poor performance. In football the program is just terrible. Completely mismanaged despite vacuuming up good prospects into that black hole you call a football program.

It's not just a bad coach.The reason IU is inferior is because of the culture and its students and alumni. A bunch of country bumpkins going to the State party university who think they're going to win a national championship every year in basketball leads to poor performance. In football the program is just terrible. Completely mismanaged despite vacuuming up good prospects into that black hole you call a football program.

It wasn't funny when you posted it Saturday (and didn't garnish a single response), what made you think it'd be any different today?

Isn’t it interesting how some of the PU folks will never give IU props on a W, a nice recruiting pick up. We come here with congratulatory remarks....LEO !

Why are you even here? You're not a Purdue fan. I don't hang out on IU's site. Seems a little disingenuous to come over here and then whine when you don't get what you want...

One, who said they didn't want McCulley, had he committed, and two, who said both schools SHOULDN'T be happy with their commitments?

Good grief, dude. Making a straw man argument for the sake of arguing just sounds really stupid. Then again, we've been inundated with "stupid" from too many of the insecure IU fans posting here.

Good grief indeed. How many times on this thread (not to mention the board more generally) have you felt the need to call IU fans insecure and needing of validation?

Your repeated need to condescend to IU fans is unquenchable apparently. Adding "stupid" to your lectures was inevitable. Do tell, what's next?

It is hard for IU to call their football program relevant. You could say they are respectable now.

IU will probably make another bowl game this year, if they can play their pre conference BT schedule (no delays to the start of the season). I have seen websites rank IU's preseason BT schedule anywhere from 57-61 out of 64 team in the Power 5, so IU should win all 3 of those games.

They will be relevant though when they can beat a Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin or Penn State. I think IU beat Penn State maybe 7 to 8 years ago. They beat Wisconsin maybe in the early 2000s. IU has not beaten Ohio State or Michigan since sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, and you have not won a bowl game since like 1991.

You start getting those types of wins then maybe IU is relevant again.

It is hard for IU to call their football program relevant. You could say they are respectable now.

IU will probably make another bowl game this year, if they can play their pre conference BT schedule (no delays to the start of the season). I have seen websites rank IU's preseason BT schedule anywhere from 57-61 out of 64 team in the Power 5, so IU should win all 3 of those games.

They will be relevant though when they can beat a Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin or Penn State. I think IU beat Penn State maybe 7 to 8 years ago. They beat Wisconsin maybe in the early 2000s. IU has not beaten Ohio State or Michigan since sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, and you have not won a bowl game since like 1991.

You start getting those types of wins then maybe IU is relevant again.
Relevancy = competitive versus the top programs.

Here are the records of the 2 schools against the top program in the conference (Ohio State) since 2000:

Purdue 5-8
IU 0-17

Relevancy = competitive versus the top programs.

Here are the records of the 2 schools against the top program in the conference (Ohio State) since 2000:

Purdue 5-8
IU 0-17

Its crazy how legit we’ve been since OSU haha. I know that’s still a losing record but against a team that’s consistently in the CFP discussion, that’s damn impressive.

Good grief indeed. How many times on this thread (not to mention the board more generally) have you felt the need to call IU fans insecure and needing of validation?

Your repeated need to condescend to IU fans is unquenchable apparently. Adding "stupid" to your lectures was inevitable. Do tell, what's next?

Good grief, indeed.

Oh, but you're just fine with this:

IUHDog: "...Find it amusing that IU football is suddenly relevant and y'all are having trouble dealing with it."

We get a 4-star QB, and you clowns want to come here and start posting crap: Brohm will recruit over him. He won't play QB at Purdue. He'll transfer if he doesn't start. And on, and on, and on.

That's just dumb as hell, to post something like that on the PURDUE FORUM. And that's part of the problem. You see some of this idiotic tripe, posted by IU fans, and you have a problem with ME... a Purdue fan ... on a flippin' PURDUE forum.

I only appear to condescend because it's direct response to the nonsense spewed here.

Don't like it? Don't post dumb things that get that type of response. It's really not that hard.

Lol. On their 247 board, they have a post linking Neubert’s podcast discussing Jackson and McCulley and ripping Brian for his opinion on Purdue’s chances with McCulley. Obsessed much @IUHDog?

Lol. On their 247 board, they have a post linking Neubert’s podcast discussing Jackson and McCulley and ripping Brian for his opinion on Purdue’s chances with McCulley. Obsessed much @IUHDog?

I didn't post it, but I did listen to the first few minutes and responded. Almost thought I was listening to an Ohio State podcast, but the arrogance didn't quite reach that level.

And I assume you must be obsessed to pay to be able to read an IU premium forum.

I didn't post it, but I did listen to the first few minutes and responded. Almost thought I was listening to an Ohio State podcast, but the arrogance didn't quite reach that level.

And I assume you must be obsessed to pay to be able to read an IU premium forum.

I don’t pay to be on that board. I pay for the Purdue 24/7 board which allows me to read any other 24/7 board but doesn’t allow me to post on those other sites.

We get a 4-star QB, and you clowns want to come here and start posting crap: Brohm will recruit over him. He won't play QB at Purdue. He'll transfer if he doesn't start. And on, and on, and on.

So I'm insecure, stupid and now a clown? Thing is, I've not posted crap about Jackson or any other Purdue recruit.

I think Jackson is a terrific addition and said so a few times. Best case, you have a QB in the mold of Kyler Murray. Worst case, he becomes a highly productive slot WR.

Reactions: boiler1987
So I'm insecure, stupid and now a clown? Thing is, I've not posted crap about Jackson or any other Purdue recruit.

I think Jackson is a terrific addition and said so a few times. Best case, you have a QB in the mold of Kyler Murray. Worst case, he becomes a highly productive slot WR.

You can’t reason with people who have complexes.

Reactions: BTBall

It was plural, genius. As in, more than one IU fan.

Good grief, you are obtuse. (add that to your list)

Why are you even here? You're not a Purdue fan. I don't hang out on IU's site. Seems a little disingenuous to come over here and then whine when you don't get what you want...
I simply enjoy good dialogue. I know there are rational Boiler fans out there who can be honest about both of our programs. I came over originally to say that Jackson is a heckuva player as is McCulley.... win win for both programs. You are more than welcome to participate on IU site.

I simply enjoy good dialogue. I know there are rational Boiler fans out there who can be honest about both of our programs. I came over originally to say that Jackson is a heckuva player as is McCulley.... win win for both programs. You are more than welcome to participate on IU site.
Thanks for the compliment on Jackson. McCulley is going to be a good QB for you too.
Cannot come over to the IU site and participate, since I have been banned since October 2018. The night of the win over Ohio State.

I was banned from the IU site when I made a pretty innocent comment. But keep believing that IU fans are welcoming...

Same for me. Got banned for saying Boilers Baby!! after winning the Ohio State game over there

That's too bad imo. There's no reason why fans of competing teams shouldn't be able to interact with one another and even talk a little smack now and then. This is supposed to be fun.

That's too bad imo. There's no reason why fans of competing teams shouldn't be able to interact with one another and even talk a little smack now and then. This is supposed to be fun.

Might want to let your administrators know that. They seem a little butthurt...

Reactions: Purdue85
Hang in there folks. Some of us are a forgiving kind. I was banned from this site many years ago after a Bucket win. While I am a nutty Hoosier fan, I have learned to temper my enthusiasm. Have a number of siblings who are PU grads, so I savor the back and forth banter on this rivalry.
Both very good schools ... love what President Daniels is doing.

LEO.

Might want to let your administrators know that. They seem a little butthurt...

THIS.

This is one of the reasons I have very little patience with the IU fans coming here and talking down our recruits. I don't mind good-natured banter. In fact, I enjoy it. (There's always a line not to be crossed.)

But...!... when they don't allow it, and/or when they start posting speculative crap about a brand new commit, I tighten up the slack.

THIS.

This is one of the reasons I have very little patience with the IU fans coming here and talking down our recruits. I don't mind good-natured banter. In fact, I enjoy it. (There's always a line not to be crossed.)

But...!... when they don't allow it, and/or when they start posting speculative crap about a brand new commit, I tighten up the slack.
Especially when they start fabricating narratives out of thin air...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT