ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Look......

SunnyFL24

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 30, 2013
......I was as pizzed off and disheartened as most were last night! STILL AM TODAY! That being said......I have a strong feeling our Defense will come back next week with a great effort. After being totally trashed by MIZZ offense, they came back and played an excellent game against BC, shutting down one of the best backs in the country! These kids all have heart, and I am sure they are feeling like dogsh$% today, letting down the offense and their fan base. Kids got tired(only gave up 3 in first half) we have no depth and talent level is about at MAC Conf level........It is IU and they will pin their ears back and make us all proud....Holt will have these kids ready to play! Lot to play for next week! Boiler UP!!! Dont forget to root our BB team on today...playing for Charleston Classic Championship this evening.....

......I was as pizzed off and disheartened as most were last night! STILL AM TODAY! That being said......I have a strong feeling our Defense will come back next week with a great effort. After being totally trashed by MIZZ offense, they came back and played an excellent game against BC, shutting down one of the best backs in the country! These kids all have heart, and I am sure they are feeling like dogsh$% today, letting down the offense and their fan base. Kids got tired(only gave up 3 in first half) we have no depth and talent level is about at MAC Conf level........It is IU and they will pin their ears back and make us all proud....Holt will have these kids ready to play! Lot to play for next week! Boiler UP!!! Dont forget to root our BB team on today...playing for Charleston Classic Championship this evening.....
Love your optimism, Brother! Wish I shared it...

Last night was tough. As I read another post on here, we just cant make mistakes on offense as the defense doesnt have the talent and depth to hold for 60 mins.

You do realize Wisky was playing a QB that had started just three games...all on the road. Their top LB and QB didn't make the trip nor did one of their best RB's. How ugly would it have been had those three been on the field?

Agree lack of depth on D is a huge reason why Purdue lost. The line was gassed and played right into Wisconsin's strength in 2nd half and OT. Not having J. Thieneman has really hurt too as he is essentially a 4th linebacker and a great tackler when RB's get to the 2nd level. There are no other safties on roster that can make up for him being out and the run defense has clearly been worse the past 2 weeks.

That being said if Zico doesn't fumble through the end zone, one of those FGs at the goaline are punched in for a TD, or Zicos catch isn't over turned with 6 mins in the 4th and they can extend that drive Purdue wins. They had their chances.

I wonder if Brohm regrets not running a jet sweep or screen to Rondale on the goaline stands. If he gets the ball on the 3rd down play he was the decoy he had one guy to beat and I will take those odds everytime....

All is not lost, this is still an explosive offense going against an IU secondary that has struggled some this year. Win the bucket and getting to a bowl is still a nice year with this roster.

Indiana gonna split that wig Saturday...just bring the damn Bucket so it can get back to its proper owners.

You've had a whole fricking year to come up with something, and that's it ? Sorry, my expectations are higher rivalry week.

65c13f3221fd2a5db5b9ea8e181daf05b8f6b7a6_hq.jpg

Reactions: PUQBMan.
You do realize Wisky was playing a QB that had started just three games...all on the road. Their top LB and QB didn't make the trip nor did one of their best RB's. How ugly would it have been had those three been on the field?

How ugly would it have been. Well I guess we would have only been up by 7 in the middle of the 4th qtr?

Taylor and James were both available. What would have happened if Jacob T, Grant H and Richie W are good to go. Injuries cut both ways.

By the way Horinibrook sucks, Bucky was probably better without him.

Reactions: Frankie611
Their best RB’s? Taylor is only the best in the B10

Indiana gonna split that wig Saturday...just bring the damn Bucket so it can get back to its proper owners.

Given the distribution of "P"s and "I"s in the chain on the Bucket your definition of "proper owners" is very unusual.

Yep, and he opens up a lot more for the passing game. Take the same three positions off the field for PU and what happens?
Evidently you really didn't read my post......said we don't have depth..... we have a defense that is MAC CONF level.....WISKY has depth and better athletes when injuries occur, well established program for decades! Their QB completed some passes Hornibrook probably couldn't complete. Wisky QB's hasn't been the position that has beatin us over the past several years!

Evidently you really didn't read my post......said we don't have depth..... we have a defense that is MAC CONF level.....WISKY has depth and better athletes when injuries occur, well established program for decades! Their QB completed some passes Hornibrook probably couldn't complete. Wisky QB's hasn't been the position that has beatin us over the past several years!
May I ask you an honest question? How did we have the defense to beat an Ohio State team and an Iowa team that IMHO are both better than Wisconsin?

We evidently had enough to beat both of those teams, and it's the same players that defended Wisky. lAnd yes, I know all about the running game at Madison and believe Hornibrook is their best QB.

Blaming the defense might not be the best thing to do in this situation. Personally I kept waiting for that great "Surprise Offense" that Brohm's supposed have and believe he should have gone more aggressive on offense.

May I ask you an honest question? How did we have the defense to beat an Ohio State team and an Iowa team that IMHO are both better than Wisconsin?

We evidently had enough to beat both of those teams, and it's the same players that defended Wisky. lAnd yes, I know all about the running game at Madison and believe Hornibrook is their best QB.

Blaming the defense might not be the best thing to do in this situation. Personally I kept waiting for that great "Surprise Offense" that Brohm's supposed have and believe he should have gone more aggressive on offense.
All good points......"Surprise Offense" should have been going for 2 pt conversion in second OT!!!!! Would of had more respect for him going for the win,,,and could have accepted the loss more if we failed! But to send that totally gassed DEF out there again made "NO" sense at all....

It's alllllllllllllllll about matchups.

And, it's an emotional game.

A friendly suggestion: Stop trying to find a reason to hang this staff based on their successes. It defeats your point.

Agree lack of depth on D is a huge reason why Purdue lost. The line was gassed and played right into Wisconsin's strength in 2nd half and OT. Not having J. Thieneman has really hurt too as he is essentially a 4th linebacker and a great tackler when RB's get to the 2nd level. There are no other safties on roster that can make up for him being out and the run defense has clearly been worse the past 2 weeks.

That being said if Zico doesn't fumble through the end zone, one of those FGs at the goaline are punched in for a TD, or Zicos catch isn't over turned with 6 mins in the 4th and they can extend that drive Purdue wins. They had their chances.

I wonder if Brohm regrets not running a jet sweep or screen to Rondale on the goaline stands. If he gets the ball on the 3rd down play he was the decoy he had one guy to beat and I will take those odds everytime....

All is not lost, this is still an explosive offense going against an IU secondary that has struggled some this year. Win the bucket and getting to a bowl is still a nice year with this roster.
This is not the only game that Zico has had ball retention issues... Great points made...We left too many points on the field.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT