ADVERTISEMENT

Herschel Walker (R) - Sen Georgia

Would @BNIBoiler call Herschel a Gumbo Sambo to his face?

• Yes

• No

• Of course not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, genius what would you do that hasn’t been tried before. You said yourself in the many discussions about this it is about the unwed mothers. So how do you force people to do the right thing?

Take away the welfare benefits that facilitate unwed motherhood for one.

What happened to black marriage? Why did marriage rates plummet after the installment of vast social welfare programs in the 60's? Make people have to work to support their kids. That will breed responsibility.

Take away the welfare benefits that facilitate unwed motherhood for one.

What happened to black marriage? Why did marriage rates plummet after the installment of vast social welfare programs in the 60's? Make people have to work to support their kids. That will breed responsibility.
Marriage rates plummeted due to lack of morality, not installment of welfare programs. Welfare is a federal program. The mayor has no power to remove welfare programs. The question at hand is what a republican mayor would do different to combat crime within the powers of the mayoral office. I say it doesn't matter who is in charge because in my opinion most these folks do not want to be helped at this time.

Marriage rates plummeted due to lack of morality, not installment of welfare programs. Welfare is a federal program. The mayor has no power to remove welfare programs. The question at hand is what a republican mayor would do different to combat crime within the powers of the mayoral office. I say it doesn't matter who is in charge because in my opinion most these folks do not want to be helped at this time.

Great Society welfare programs are part of the urban plantation system

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Ok, genius what would you do that hasn’t been tried before. You said yourself in the many discussions about this it is about the unwed mothers. So how do you force people to do the right thing?

I think the first thing that needs to happen is that the black community (that means all black Americans, not just the educated or married or conservative. It includes poor, uneducated, liberal, unmarried) has to agree on what the major issues are in the community.
Second, who are the most influential people for black Americans today? What athletes, pols, celebs, etc? They all have to be onboard with what those major issues are.
Then, there has to be a concerted/concentrated effort that focuses on those 3-4 major issues. Unfortunately, a lot of those influential blacks buy into the victimhood/dependency/BLM argument and agenda, which defeats the purpose.

Reactions: BoilerJS
I think the first thing that needs to happen is that the black community (that means all black Americans, not just the educated or married or conservative. It includes poor, uneducated, liberal, unmarried) has to agree on what the major issues are in the community.
Second, who are the most influential people for black Americans today? What athletes, pols, celebs, etc? They all have to be onboard with what those major issues are.
Then, there has to be a concerted/concentrated effort that focuses on those 3-4 major issues. Unfortunately, a lot of those influential blacks buy into the victimhood/dependency/BLM argument and agenda, which defeats the purpose.
Again, been there, done that for decades now what?

Again, been there, done that for decades now what?
Not true.
Show me where Obama (Mr or Mrs), Oprah, and whoever else is considered influential blacks to the black community, has talked about the impact of the 70% single motherhood issue.

Not true.
Show me where Obama (Mr or Mrs), Oprah, and whoever else is considered influential blacks to the black community, has talked about the impact of the 70% single motherhood issue.
You seem to not understand, I’m getting tired of going back and forth with you about this. You are grossly out of touch. I told you over and over, this and other issues have been talked about. You know how many churches there are in Chicago? It is time for action now by the people themselves. It will take generations forever a positive change to come.

You seem to not understand, I’m getting tired of going back and forth with you about this. You are grossly out of touch. I told you over and over, this and other issues have been talked about. You know how many churches there are in Chicago? It is time for action now by the people themselves. It will take generations forever a positive change to come.

I don't see it talked about. Where is it in the National Media?

The crime in our inner cities is the worst aspect of our country hands down, and I see them putting up statutes to drug addled dead beats like George Floyd who committed armed robbery against a pregnant woman.

So, if you what you're saying is true (that poor blacks who live in the hood don't want or aren't willing to help themselves), then this cycle of generational poverty, govt dependency, unwed mothers, crime, violence and incarceration, is never going to change?

Here's why that's a problem: People like Mike Brown, Freddie Grey, and George Floyd are raised in this environment. They get caught up in that life style/life cycle. They end up having a confrontation with LE that ends poorly for them, but they're not held accountable.

Reactions: Level 42
I don't see it talked about. Where is it in the National Media?

The crime in our inner cities is the worst aspect of our country hands down, and I see them putting up statutes to drug addled dead beats like George Floyd who committed armed robbery against a pregnant woman.
That is how out of touch you and others are. If you are not black or live near cities like Chicago you won’t see. You won’t see it nationally unless it’s bad news. In NW Indiana we get the Chicago local tv stations. So I’ve seen protests, marches, about these subject all my life. Thjs time of the year Chicago has the annual Bud Billiken Parade for the past 60 plus years. The parade is supposed to be about black unity. Stopping the violence, family etc has been the themes throughout the years. You probably never heard of thjs parade. Thousand attend every year.

So, if you what you're saying is true (that poor blacks who live in the hood don't want or aren't willing to help themselves), then this cycle of generational poverty, govt dependency, unwed mothers, crime, violence and incarceration, is never going to change?

Here's why that's a problem: People like Mike Brown, Freddie Grey, and George Floyd are raised in this environment. They get caught up in that life style/life cycle. They end up having a confrontation with LE that ends poorly for them, but they're not held accountable.
Yep, that is basically what I’m saying, it won’t change anytime soon.

That is how out of touch you and others are. If you are not black or live near cities like Chicago you won’t see. You won’t see it nationally unless it’s bad news. In NW Indiana we get the Chicago local tv stations. So I’ve seen protests, marches, about these subject all my life. Thjs time of the year Chicago has the annual Bud Billiken Parade for the past 60 plus years. The parade is supposed to be about black unity. Stopping the violence, family etc has been the themes throughout the years. You probably never heard of thjs parade. Thousand attend every year.

Don't forget, I lived IN Chicago for 20 yrs, not in a nearby state like you. I worked on the southside, in the worst parts. I've seen it and lived it.
Those protests marches are usually media stunts give race hustlers like Jesse and Rev Al and opportunity for some face time in front of the camera.
if that community really cared about putting a dent in the situation, they'd start working with the cops to put drug dealers and gang bangers behind bars. Unfortunately, those people attending the marches are the same ones who teenage sons are gang bangers and gangster rap wannabes.
But, you know what the cops hear when they try to get witnesses to a shooting in the hood?: "I didn't see nuffin"

Why hasn't that "action by the people themselves" occurred before now? Chicago needs a mayor like Giuliani, with a police chief that will actually do something.

Why hasn't that "action by the people themselves" occurred before now? Chicago needs a mayor like Giuliani, with a police chief that will actually do something.

But the blacks in power (specifically democrats and liberals) will never really address the problems in the black community because they'll be viewed as racists and race traitors.
As BNI said, these people have to help themselves, unfortunately, they don't want to be helped.
Therefore, this cycle that plagues the black inner cities will continue. White America will look at these issues in black America on the nightly news and just shake their heads.

But the blacks in power (specifically democrats and liberals) will never really address the problems in the black community because they'll be viewed as racists and race traitors.
As BNI said, these people have to help themselves, unfortunately, they don't want to be helped.
Therefore, this cycle that plagues the black inner cities will continue. White America will look at these issues in black America on the nightly news and just shake their heads.
And there is no greater bit of evidence that proves your comment correct than when Obama was in office. He had 8 years to fix the problems and basically didn't do anything. In fact, that is about when the real division started was under him and previously under Bush. But it really took off with Barry.

First of all crazy ass Guiliani didn’t do anything but subvent the constitution. That stop n frisk was bullsh*t. How would you like to be stopped by the police on your way to work, school, gym etc.? They only found a small percentage of guns on the folks they stopped. The police were stopping blacks for no just cause. No wonder the courts finally deemed it unconstitutional.

And there is no greater bit of evidence that proves your comment correct than when Obama was in office. He had 8 years to fix the problems and basically didn't do anything. In fact, that is about when the real division started was under him and previously under Bush. But it really took off with Barry.
I've always said Obama did more to damage race relations in this country than any POTUS in history. It's why he's called "The Great Divider"

First of all crazy ass Guiliani didn’t do anything but subvent the constitution. That stop n frisk was bullsh*t. How would you like to be stopped by the police on your way to work, school, gym etc.? They only found a small percentage of guns on the folks they stopped. The police were stopping blacks for no just cause. No wonder the courts finally deemed it unconstitutional.
But did crime in NYC plummet? Yes or No?

If stop n frisk were implemented on the south and west sides of Chicago and it decreased the murder rate by 50% or more, would you be for it?

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I've always said Obama did more to damage race relations in this country than any POTUS in history. It's why he's called "The Great Divider"
Y’all and Faux News saying that but never offer any reasons why. This ought to be good. How was Obama the great divider?

But did crime in NYC plummet? Yes or No?

If stop n frisk were implemented on the south and west sides of Chicago and it decreased the murder rate by 50% or more, would you be for it?
I would if stop n frisk was the only parameter in the equation that lowered the murder rate. In reality by itself it won’t and never worked in NYC. Also, I work in Chicago sometimes 3 days a week. I don’t want to stopped by police going to work just because I’m black. That was what was happening in NYC.

Y’all and Faux News saying that but never offer any reasons why. This ought to be good. How was Obama the great divider?
Obama calling cops 'stupid' and saying racism was rampant within LE.
Taking the side of thugs and criminals like Mike Brown and Freddie Grey instead of siding with law enforcement.
Michele saying she wasn't proud to be an American and racism, racism, racism. Basically that the white conservative male was the enemy.

I would if stop n frisk was the only parameter in the equation that lowered the murder rate. In reality by itself it won’t and never worked in NYC. Also, I work in Chicago sometimes 3 days a week. I don’t want to stopped by police going to work just because I’m black. That was what was happening in NYC.

Unless you're walking down 63rd street with 3 other black 16-34 yr old males who all look like hoodlums in a neighborhood known for drugs and gangs, I don't think that you, a black man in his 50s, has that much to fear from S n F.

Unless you're walking down 63rd street with 3 other black 16-34 yr old males who all look like hoodlums in a neighborhood known for drugs and gangs, I don't think that you, a black man in his 50s, has that much to fear from S n F.
See, this is a perfect example on how you are out of touch. This is exactly why most blacks are against stop n frisk. They were stopping blacks that were going to work. Stopping blacks going to the city colleges. Some were stopped more than once during this time period. The point is they were not just stopping criminals. What does stopping people without just cause don’t you understand?

See, this is a perfect example on how you are out of touch. This is exactly why most blacks are against stop n frisk. They were stopping blacks that were going to work. Stopping blacks going to the city colleges. Some were stopped more than once during this time period. The point is they were not just stopping criminals. What does stopping people without just cause don’t you understand?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. You said it yourself, these people living in the hood don't want to help themselves. They're willing to live with the drugs, gangs and violence. But, if they're not willing to tackle the problem, then maybe the govt is. And maybe some of those tactics or interventions aren't pleasant to some, but if they get the job done, maybe it will help force some change.
As a black man in his 50's, you should be pissed off more than anyone at these 16-34 yr olds who are making you all look bad.

So your argument is you want more profiling? Im sure the cops were stopping a wide range of people to avoid looking discriminatory. If they target based on appearance, there will always be misses.

People say they want gun control, stop n frisk is the mist effective form their is.

If the community won't police itself, what alternative is there to stop the violence?

So your argument is you want more profiling? Im sure the cops were stopping a wide range of people to avoid looking discriminatory. If they target based on appearance, there will always be misses.

People say they want gun control, stop n frisk is the mist effective form their is.

If the community won't police itself, what alternative is there to stop the violence?
More profiling? How about no profiling. I don’t want to go to work, get out my vehicle to cops harass me. This is the reason why blacks historically don’t trust the cops for decades. In the 70’s you had that jackass police chief turned mayor, Frank Rizzo had his cops stop blacks and literally stripped searched the buck naked in public. Giuliani did not invent this stop n frisk crap. Police were doing this for decades on top of coercing false confessions out of blacks. But no I’m the racist for pointing this out. Or an MF like Mr. Marxist called me.

More profiling? How about no profiling. I don’t want to go to work, get out my vehicle to cops harass me. This is the reason why blacks historically don’t trust the cops for decades. In the 70’s you had that jackass police chief turned mayor, Frank Rizzo had his cops stop blacks and literally stripped searched the buck naked in public. Giuliani did not invent this stop n frisk crap. Police were doing this for decades on top of coercing false confessions out of blacks. But no I’m the racist for pointing this out. Or an MF like Mr. Marxist called me.

Your own statements and beliefs make you a racist. Your own agreement with CRT and other leftist doctrine make you a marxist. Look in the mirror. Own it, or change your beliefs.

What is profiling? You see a guy with blood on his hands and to stop him...that's profiling.

What is worse? Murder or profiling?

Shall we pay people not to shoot people like they do in SF? Is that the answer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT