ADVERTISEMENT

Henry

Per Corey Evans - he is planning to make a top 6 list in the next week. He is also slated to take the SAT August 26.

The SAT thing caught me as a surprise since I thought most took them early Junior year. Maybe that is why we didn't/haven't offered? Wonder if we are worried about him getting a high enough score?

Per Corey Evans - he is planning to make a top 6 list in the next week. He is also slated to take the SAT August 26.

The SAT thing caught me as a surprise since I thought most took them early Junior year. Maybe that is why we didn't/haven't offered? Wonder if we are worried about him getting a high enough score?
Have we offered him? I know we keep getting mentioned but I missed it if we've offered. He's definitely blowing up this summer.

I'm hoping he isn't retaking the SAT.

Have we offered him? I know we keep getting mentioned but I missed it if we've offered. He's definitely blowing up this summer.

I'm hoping he isn't retaking the SAT.
No - we haven't offered. I put the thing about the SAT in there as maybe a reason why we hadn't offered.

I was dumb enough to wait until my senior year in high school in the spring to take the SAT. Luckily I scored incredibly high on the english portion since my math was average at best. That high English score got me in to the education department as the admissions officer said...'Luckily you won't be taking any math classes you haven't seen before being a social studies education major.' Lol

Reactions: jadeezra
I was dumb enough to wait until my senior year in high school in the spring to take the SAT. Luckily I scored incredibly high on the english portion since my math was average at best. That high English score got me in to the education department as the admissions officer said...'Luckily you won't be taking any math classes you haven't seen before being a social studies education major.' Lol

16? Sweet!

16? Sweet!

Back then the SAT was split 1600 and 1600 between math and English...or maybe 800 and 800 (honestly can't remember). What I do know is that it was one of the first years they had the written portion on there but didn't have it scored separately yet. My horrible math abilities limited what I could conceivably do. I attempted a friend's math homework of what I would have taken had I gone in to business freshman year...needless to say he said I would have either failed out or switched majors, lol.

I'm a damn good social studies teacher who can look at pieces historically and research with the best of them...but put anything in front of me that contains letters instead of numbers in a math problem and you'd be asking me to decode hieroglyphics before the Rosetta Stone! (history joke)

According to Indy Star, and his own twitter, we didn't make it into his top 5...
I'm disappointed we didn't make the top 5, but not really disappointed we didn't get him...

According to Indy Star, and his own twitter, we didn't make it into his top 5...
I'm disappointed we didn't make the top 5, but not really disappointed we didn't get him...
We didn't even offer him unless I missed that somewhere.

Generally when kids release their final lists of schools, they have offers from all of them.

Sheesh guys! What's wrong with you? It's not like this was some arbitrary comment...I was responding to a semi-old thread about the player. He was clearly being discussed, as we're having this discussion on a thread with his name on it! It's information that fits perfectly into this thread. I didn't open a new thread to talk about a non-story. I'm responding with pertinent information to this thread...

Not sure we offered him so not surprised we didn't make the list.....

I wish him well....I will say he picks OSU.

Sheesh guys! What's wrong with you? It's not like this was some arbitrary comment...I was responding to a semi-old thread about the player. He was clearly being discussed, as we're having this discussion on a thread with his name on it! It's information that fits perfectly into this thread. I didn't open a new thread to talk about a non-story. I'm responding with pertinent information to this thread...
So you thought we offered him? Otherwise not sure how you could be disappointed about not being in his top 5?

we had a chance with henry, and he may have signed with us, but it's rather clear by not offering him, we were not interested.

Unfortunately this could be a mistake. like many other players, I highly doubt Henry is going to wait by his phone for a Purdue offer. If Purdue still has a scholarship to offer on signing day, Henry is not going to be available to take it. I don't know enough about henry to know why Purdue hasn't made an offer. they certainly know who he is and have scouted him. in that article that we all read last month, Painter spelled out the type of player he recruits. Maybe Henry is not that type of player. There are a lot of quality/elite players painter has never tried to recruit. Bowen is one example. maybe Henry is of the same mold.

I have no clue as to why Painter hasn't extended an offer. I do know it's August, and Painter has still not given him an offer,. that's a little late in the recruiting process for a relatively local guy. So there must be a reason. it's not like we don't have any scholarships to give.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT