ADVERTISEMENT

Have you been directly impacted by an unsecured border?

Have you been directly impacted by the level of security at our Southern border?

• Yes - It that’s had a positive impact on me

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Yes - It has had a negative impact on me

Votes: 92 36.5%
  • No - it has no direct impact on me

Votes: 138 54.8%

• Total voters

BlkGoldHoops Daddy

All-American
Jul 13, 2018
You guys did so well on the last one I thought I would try another (last one I promise)
Don’t care what your political views are ... just wondering what impact it has had

Is there anybody who doesn’t know some who died of a heroin overdose? I realize that usually starts with being addicted to painkillers, but how that happens is another political problem that involves Purdue Farma and the Affordable Care Act.

Is there anybody who doesn’t know some who died of a heroin overdose? I realize that usually starts with being addicted to painkillers, but how that happens is another political problem that involves Purdue Farma and the Affordable Care Act.
I’ll bite.

What data shows heroin addictions “usually” starting with being addicted to painkillers?

Reactions: Alstotts Resurgence
Thats a widely accepted fact

How is this related to the wall? I think I know your response but want to make sure.

Reactions: 1234FirstDown
While I have strong opinions on this and many other political subjects, I know my fellow Knuckleheads do too, and that they don't always allign with mine.

There are forums on the internet where I go to discuss politics; however, when I come here it is to talk about my boilermakers with my fellow Knuckleheads. There are so many things happening riight now that divide us, that we just need a few things that bring us together.

There's a general discussion forum where politics are fair game. I know that it doesn't get the same level of traffic as this one, but maybe that should tell us something about what people want to talk about when they come here.

Normally, when I see a topic that doesn't interest me, I just let it pass by. But this one seems so much better suited to the general discussion forum that I thought I'd share my 2 cents.

The one Mexico was supposed to pay for?

I am so sick of this crap. Haters have been beating this dead horse long enough. Are liberals really stupid enough to believe that Trump meant that Mexico was going to write a check for billions to the US for the wall? What he meant was thru economic gains from reducing illegals, drugs, etc. along with Economic gains thru revising NAFTA the cost of the wall would be paid.

Pls move this crap to the other board

I am so sick of this crap. Haters have been beating this dead horse long enough. Are liberals really stupid enough to believe that Trump meant that Mexico was going to write a check for billions to the US for the wall? What he meant was thru economic gains from reducing illegals, drugs, etc. along with Economic gains thru revising NAFTA the cost of the wall would be paid.

giphy.gif

Then why did he ask Mexico directly to pay for it?

While I have strong opinions on this and many other political subjects, I know my fellow Knuckleheads do too, and that they don't always allign with mine.

There are forums on the internet where I go to discuss politics; however, when I come here it is to talk about my boilermakers with my fellow Knuckleheads. There are so many things happening riight now that divide us, that we just need a few things that bring us together.

There's a general discussion forum where politics are fair game. I know that it doesn't get the same level of traffic as this one, but maybe that should tell us something about what people want to talk about when they come here.

Normally, when I see a topic that doesn't interest me, I just let it pass by. But this one seems so much better suited to the general discussion forum that I thought I'd share my 2 cents.

THIS!

I’ll bite.

What data shows heroin addictions “usually” starting with being addicted to painkillers?

My girlfriend's son had friends die of overdosing to heroin. Their doc's cut them off cold turkey from their painkillers and the body can't handle that, especially if on a large dose per day or have been taking them for years. The cheapest option to not get physically sick and feel like you are dying is heroin. Like $10 a day can make you feel normal until you get prescribed again or somehow get help. Problem is many can't get help and heroin is addicting AF, hence the overdosing and the epidemic. You might not find data for big pharma to save their asses, but trust me from what I have seen it is very real and people don't want to talk about it.

Reactions: guidelinesa2
May I suggest that you try surveymonkey and keep such unrelated polarizing topics where they belong = "not here"? That's the type of crap that drove me away from Facebook.

Reactions: skonman68
You guys did so well on the last one I thought I would try another (last one I promise)
Don’t care what your political views are ... just wondering what impact it has had
Is asking a question making a statement? Norm

I know , instead of making it out of steel, let's make it out of stainless steel. That way we can pay people to polish it on a continuous basis, thus creating jobs into infinity. I wouldn't mind paying for it, but unfortunately I will not live long enough to pay my share. I guess my grand kids will have to finish paying the bill.

I agree and this will probably be deleted soon...but is there still a General Discussion board? I don't ever visit it, but I thought it used to show up as an option and I don't see it any longer.

Thank you Sarah Sanders!!! IMO, Trump is TOO STUPID to know that the wall would be paid for through NAFTA, etc. as you say. He makes decisions without looking at what the consequences down the line. What you spouted are the talking points that his lousy staff put into his head long after they realized he walked out on a limb and sawed it off behind himself. Mattis's and others' leaving tells one everything they need to know about how Trump runs his office. Time to stop Fox News from running this country. This is my first, last and only post on politics. If you don't agree or like my opinion, I don't care.

Yeah, I can't understand why more people didn't deduce the nuance from Trump's articulate, well-detailed statements through the years on this issue...

WI7TlvH.gif

This is the most idiotic thing he's done yet. National "emergency"? Really ! If so, why did he:
1.) Spend billions of our tax dollars on a tax break for the wealthy instead of the wall (ie eliminating the estate tax)
2.) wait two years, when he had control of the house and the senate. (after all it was an "emergency" right ?)
3.) send home the coast guard and people who check criminal backgrounds, while not paying the TSA folks tying to prevent another 9/11

Answer:
This is being done because the wall was the first of many many lies to the American people and Trump's support is dwindling, as the wheels of justice are getting very, very, very close to the oval office. Once the government reopens, we will all know a lot more about his REAL motives, and I am betting they aren't American values.

This is the most idiotic thing he's done yet. National "emergency"? Really ! If so, why did he:
1.) Spend billions of our tax dollars on a tax break for the wealthy instead of the wall (ie eliminating the estate tax)
2.) wait two years, when he had control of the house and the senate. (after all it was an "emergency" right ?)
3.) send home the coast guard and people who check criminal backgrounds, while not paying the TSA folks tying to prevent another 9/11

Answer:
This is being done because the wall was the first of many many lies to the American people and Trump's support is dwindling, as the wheels of justice are getting very, very, very close to the oval office. Once the government reopens, we will all know a lot more about his REAL motives, and I am betting they aren't American values.
This emergency is a diversion to take heat off of his illegal activity and foolish decisions. Not one credible person can work with him. We have Jared and Ivanka running the country unelected. Looking at some prison time as individual number 1.

Less than 4% of people using prescription painkillers switch to heroin. The overwhelming majority of people taking painkillers use them as directed. It is estimated that 85% of the heroin in this country comes across the border with Mexico and border detection rate is a scant 1.5%. Heroin is cheaper and easier to get than pills. Unfortunately, I have a younger brother that OD'd on heroin 7 years ago. The police traced his supply to the Mexican border where most of it comes from. Heroin production in Mexico has increased 50% since 2014 and now they are making fentanyl, hundreds of times more powerful than heroin. The DEA estimates that 85% of the illegal drugs in the country come by land across the Mexican border. Yet, there are still politicians and people that think the border if just fine. These same people also claim to care about the victims of drugs, gangs and crime destroying communities across the country. There are no negative side effects to a secure border, but plenty to the current status.

It is estimated that 85% of the heroin in this country comes across the border with Mexico and border detection rate is a scant 1.5%. Heroin is cheaper and easier to get than pills. Unfortunately, I have a younger brother that OD'd on heroin 7 years ago. The police traced his supply to the Mexican border where most of it comes from. Heroin production in Mexico has increased 50% since 2014 and now they are making fentanyl, hundreds of times more powerful than heroin. The DEA estimates that 85% of the illegal drugs in the country come by land across the Mexican border. Yet, there are still politicians and people that think the border if just fine. These same people also claim to care about the victims of drugs, gangs and crime destroying communities across the country. There are no negative side effects to a secure border, but plenty to the current status.
Now do the statistical breakdown of those drugs crossing the border as part of "legal" crossings that are just undetected by patrol agencies versus those that are muled over the border outside established points of entry.

LOL Trump is a moron who would not have thought of any of the above before he said Mexico would pay for the wall. He doesn’t think before he speaks, which is why so much of what he says has to be qualified and “explained” by his people afterwards.

Probably. I assume aspects our country would be materially different with the absence of illegal immigration.

I find it interesting many of the same people who use the defense against increased checks for firearms ownership that "criminals will always find a way to get a gun" seem to think a wall will prevent people from gaining access to drugs and crime. Theres no simple solution the problem and yes increased border security makes sense, but a wall is a waste of taxpayer money and serves as a symbol of American xenophobia more than anything else.

any of you all been directly impacted by an abortion?
Since it’s the leading cause of death in the United States, again I would say most likely. And don’t paint me as anti-choice or whatever you want to call it. I don’t care what your stance is you have to agree it’s an awfully cruel method of birth control.

Reactions: islandboiler
Supply and demand. No demand from the US, the Mexi cartels go elsewhere or cease to exist. But Johnny America has to have his fix, because his first-world life is quietly pretty darn miserable.

I’ll bite.

Ok, I’m not using data, The question was about personal impact. But I know at least 4 young people who started getting opioids for free from a Physician thanks to the ACA, then when they got so bad that the Doctor cut them off they switched to heroin. Then they dried out and OD’d on the first relapse. Most heroin comes from the southern border.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT