ADVERTISEMENT

Has Purdue improved over the season?

100%. Question…. My theory is Johnny Davis gets lots of fouls because he’s under control and Ivey gets fewer bc he appears more wild. I think Ivey gets more contact. Thoughts?
Ivey is more in attack mode where as Davis has a nice mid range/pull up game so he just doesn’t draw as much contact or as often. Ivey draws contact on every drive, it’s just a matter of how often the refs will call it.

If you think yes: Where? How?
Purdue went from playing run and gun playing two starting fives to playing half court with seven or eight players. We can`t wear teams down with the half court and our guards can`t play good enough defense to stop the other teams guards offense. We have a mule in the half court and thorough breds in the run and gun!

Love our record. Don’t t love the reckless confused play of Ivey lately. Don’t love TW’s sloppy turnovers. Don’t love the turnovers on 4/5 possessions in a row. Don’t t love the obvious lack of respect of every possession
Don’t think we’ve gotten better.
Do think when Gillis plays well we win.
Do think right now Edey needs all the minutes he can handle
Do think we can win the whole thing or not get out of the first weekend. Do think anything less than a FF will be a disappointment. Do think you better prepare to be disappointed. Hope not. Do think I’ll be rooting like hell for a FF.
Absolutely agree with everything you said. I will add that late in the game when Sasha through it inbounds to Tre and he was immediately fouled. Those roles should have been reversed. Why have your worst free throw shooter getting the ball and your best shooter throwing it in. Those things shouldn’t be happening 30 plus games into the season.

Absolutely agree with everything you said. I will add that late in the game when Sasha through it inbounds to Tre and he was immediately fouled. Those roles should have been reversed. Why have your worst free throw shooter getting the ball and your best shooter throwing it in. Those things shouldn’t be happening 30 plus games into the season.
And that was a very shakey pass that Tre fumbled. Could have been disastrous.

Something I was thinking of….
We played Wisconsin, Iowa, and Rutgers decisively better the second time we played them and I’d make an argument for Illinois. Indiana about the same. The only game I felt like we played worse the second time was Michigan and it was the same week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT