ADVERTISEMENT

Has "Makers" been dumped?

buygreekbonds

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 16, 2011
I'm on campus today and there doesn't seem to be any more of those embarrassing "Makers" signs. Did Mitch mercifully kill it?

We can only hope.

For what they paid to come up with that, they could of given me half of the price and I could of come up with something equally as crappy.

ooo .. something like "Garnish with Liver"

Outsourcing branding typically does not work well when it comes to something people have strong affinities to. If the company doesn't have ties to Purdue or really understand Purdue, it's a tough "out" to get something solid done.

And this is not something only Purdue has struggled with - I work with consultants in DC and its absurd what they get paid a load of cash to do. For example, my aunt was part of a focus group when the Pacers were bad - trying to figure out what would get people to come to games. This was when players were getting arrested, playing bad basketball, etc. Well, typically winning and in Indiana, playing a more traditional game/not street ball would get it done. Did they really need to pay a company to tell them that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT