ADVERTISEMENT

Harris' tax proposals

as we see the divide agenda of pitting those wealthy not paying enough taxes being promoted, even though they pay most, against those that contribute so very little and get back so little as a mathematical consequence I'm reminded
quote-i-have-never-understood-why-it-is-greed-to-want-to-keep-the-money-you-have-earned-but-thomas-sowell-43-1-0165.jpg
Thomas Sowell is a gem.

It’s interesting to me that the OP, who responds to just about anything, nor any of the others who just love his posts, have anything to say about the blatant lies in this post. It’s almost like it was propaganda cut and pasted.
Please list these blatant lies.

I didn't say "anytime someone sells a stock". I said anytime someone OWNS a stock, home, etc. All you have to do is own it. The imaginary gains unrealized will be taxed at 25%.
You quite literally said that lol. It’s right there in your post. A direct quote.

Thomas Sowell is a gem.
It gets a bit funny when a poster implies a certain thought as ridiculous or whatever knee jerk reaction response is made not knowing that Thomas may have already addressed this many times with supported data over the decades, but that he or she has never been exposed. Thomas Sowell is brilliant...even if his years of study fly in opposition to current media at times. Unless things change I have no doubt you will not find his comments and such on the web...even if not censored intentionally. The mere algorithm alone based upon popular searches to an audience lacking exposure will do that. We are just getting into the dumber society as it will get worse if not altered soon

No way I would be willing to pay more in taxes. Why? Because we've already shown that lower taxes bring in more revenue. However, the main reason is because raising taxes is a signal to the uniparty that it's ok to keep spending mor

Trump tax plan superior for families....

HARRIS...
🌀 $6K for new moms is $1K more

TRUMP .....
🌞 No tax on SS
🌞 Less Corporate Tax
🌞 More Child tax credit 5K vs 3K
🌞 Continuation of Trump tax cuts for ALL
🌞 No payroll taxes in T's No tax on tips
🌞 Trump plan works to lower prices through energy policy....whereas price "Gaging" under Harris doesn't work. Trump working for families to keep more of their money.

Last edited:
You quite literally said that lol. It’s right there in your post. A direct quote.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the unrealized capitol gains tax. Yes, when you have to give up 44.6% of your gains, you're literally giving almost half of what you earned to the government. Please tell me what is incorrect about that.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you were talking about the unrealized capitol gains tax. Yes, when you have to give up 44.6% of your gains, you're literally giving almost half of what you earned to the government. Please tell me what is incorrect about that.
You’re not giving up anything. Neither am I, or anyone on this board. Stop presenting this as a tax that will be levied on everyone in America. There are like 10,000 people that this would apply to. .00003% of the population

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
You’re not giving up anything. Neither am I, or anyone on this board. Stop presenting this as a tax that will be levied on everyone in America. There are like 10,000 people that this would apply to. .00003% of the population

It is never good policy to give more money to a Govt that has proven....
1. Wasteful with what they have.
2. Inefficient with what they have.
3. Not wanting to make cuts.
4. Is worse doing most things than the public sector.
5. Won't do a budget.
6. Won't live within a budget.

So what has the US Govt done, that they deserve more money from anyone?

Do the six things above, and then if more is needed, then OK.

It is never good policy to give more money to a Govt that has proven....
1. Wasteful with what they have.
2. Inefficient with what they have.
3. Not wanting to make cuts.
4. Is worse doing most things than the public sector.
5. Won't do a budget.
6. Won't live within a budget.

So what has the US Govt done, that they deserve more money from anyone?

Do the six things above, and then if more is needed, then OK.
Cool, I’m not arguing any of that. I’m not advocating for this policy. Just pointing out that the op was a lie. Why lie about it? It’s a pretty wild proposal that has zero chance of ever being enacted. But we have to lie to scare people I guess.

• Haha
Then what is the point of it?

Reactions: pboiler18
Cool, I’m not arguing any of that. I’m not advocating for this policy. Just pointing out that the op was a lie. Why lie about it? It’s a pretty wild proposal that has zero chance of ever being enacted. But we have to lie to scare people I guess.

Not the OP. Perhaps you have a point there. Not here.

Looking at both plans, it is without question Trump's tax plan is better for American families of all ages.

I just wanted to provide the thread with a focus....since their was drifting into the weeds on both sides

Secondly we need to look hard at who we are giving our $ to....their track record so to speak

No way I would be willing to pay more in taxes. Why? Because we've already shown that lower taxes bring in more revenue. However, the main reason is because raising taxes is a signal to the uniparty that it's ok to keep spending more.
In general, I agree, but at some point America is going to have pay the fiddler for the Pandemic. Handing out $10T over 3 years.

Does the government pay back losses on any realized losses after capital gains are paid? As soon as someone sells $10MM of a certain stock to pay the capital gains, the stock is likely to lose its value, how does it work when individual X has 1 MM shares of Company Y stock. If X decides to sell 250k shares of company Y and the stock drops to $90 a share, does the federal government pay Individual X back all $25M ?

I would really love to know how the IRS is going with to track this.

Does the government pay back losses on any realized losses after capital gains are paid? As soon as someone sells $10MM of a certain stock to pay the capital gains, the stock is likely to lose its value, how does it work when individual X has 1 MM shares of Company Y stock. If X decides to sell 250k shares of company Y and the stock drops to $90 a share, does the federal government pay Individual X back all $25M ?

I would really love to know how the IRS is going with to track this.
The mention of such is enough to tell people that are not aware the desires of Kamala and taxes or spending. Unfortunately, some think they will not be effected, but in all things people are affected in some ways obvious and in other ways not as obvious until later. There always is a person that likes and a person that doesn't like any policy initially and some later

Tell me you know nothing about capitol gains tax without telling me you know nothing about capitol gains tax. FFS man. You can't be this uninformed can you?

People lose farms, businesses and other property that's been in their families forever because when their parents die and they inherit the asset, they cannot afford the capitol gains tax they owe, so they have to sell.

Sure, there are tax brackets and some pay less than others, but the highest rate used to be 25%. Now it's 20%, so they want to more than double it! And people are already losing family assets as it is.

Last edited:
No it's not a lie. I've paid capitol gains tax about a dozen times in my life. Anyone that sells a house and made money, will pay capitol gains tax. Same with stocks. (the break point is roughly $47K, but anything over that will be taxed).

Here's how it's determined if you're subject to capitol gains:

"Any time you sell an investment for more than you bought it, you potentially create a taxable capital gain. Capital gains can apply to almost any investment that is sold at a profit, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals, options contracts, or even cryptocurrency."

So... if you've ever sold something like that and did not pay capitol gains, sounds like you're ripe for an audit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TwinDegrees2
No it's not a lie. I've paid capitol gains tax about a dozen times in my life. Anyone that sells a house and made money, will pay capitol gains tax. Same with stocks. (the break point is roughly $47K, but anything over that will be taxed).

"Any time you sell an investment for more than you bought it, you potentially create a taxable capital gain. Capital gains can apply to almost any investment that is sold at a profit, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals, options contracts, or even cryptocurrency."

So... if you've ever sold something like that and did not pay capitol gains, sounds like you're ripe for an audit.
So you truly do not know who this tax proposal applies to? Boilermaker03 would
Not be paying a 44% capital gains tax if this were to ever pass. I apologize for calling you a liar, you are just ignorant I guess.

I'm unsure there exists a federal tax that has never affected me...either directly or indirectly and I'm certainly not wealthy.

It's not mathematically possible to raise taxes out of a deficit either. Lowering taxes can and did increase revenue because it increases production. However, spending has to cut in major ways.
I'm always amazed at someone who thinks the government knows how to manage the money better than the individual does.
Why do dems not vote in their best interest?

2 serious questions for you:
1) Would you rather pay more or less in taxes?
2) Do you think taxes will be higher or lower with a democrat POTUS?

2 serious questions for you:
1) Would you rather pay more or less in taxes?
2) Do you think taxes will be higher or lower with a democrat POTUS?

HUD628 said:

Eagerly awaiting your reply to my 2 questions.

Not be paying a 44% capital gains tax if this were to ever pass. I apologize for calling you a liar, you are just ignorant I guess.
Why wouldn't I? I paid the 25% when that was the top tax rate. A lot of people pay the top tax rate when they inherit property from their parents causing a massive tax event once sold. If it was 44.5% that would be devastating.

I'm not the one that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Why wouldn't I? I paid the 25% when that was the top tax rate. A lot of people pay the top tax rate when they inherit property from their parents causing a massive tax event. If it was 44.5% that would be devastating.

I'm not the one that doesn't know what they're talking about.
I guess I should not have assumed that you were not one of the 10,000 people in the US that was worth >$100 million. Good for you.

I guess I should not have assumed that you were not one of the 10,000 people in the US that was worth >$100 million. Good for you.
Again, you don't know wtf you're talking about. You don't have to be worth a lot to pay capitol gains. All you have to do is sell something that makes the minimum amount of profit within the taxable bracket.

Assuming you're filing as a married couple, if you sell anything under ~$94k profit, then you don't pay capitol gains. If you sell something over $94k you pay 15% capitol gains and anything sold for a profit of $520k or more, you pay the top bracket of 20%. It has nothing to do with your current income tax bracket or your overall net worth.

There are going to be a LOT of people that will sell something for over $94k profit.

They want to make the top bracket 44.6% instead of 20%.

Last edited:
Again, you don't know wtf you're talking about. You don't have to be worth a lot to pay capitol gains. All you have to do is sell something that makes the minimum amount of profit within the taxable bracket.

Assuming you're filing as a married couple, if you sell anything under ~$94k profit, then you don't pay capitol gains. If you sell something over $94k you pay 15% capitol gains and anything sold for a profit of $520k or more, you pay the top bracket of 20%. It has nothing to do with your current income tax bracket or your overall net worth.

There are going to be a LOT of people that will sell something for over $94k profit.

They want to make the top bracket 44.6% instead of 20%.
Jfc. This proposal that you have posted about…it is literally a proposal for only those with more than $100 million in assets. Wtf man how are you not getting this?

Jfc. This proposal that you have posted about…it is literally a proposal for only those with more than $100 million in assets. Wtf man how are you not getting this?
The top percent, sure. But what about the rest? You're telling me that they are just going to leave the other rates alone? You also think that they are going to implement it EXACTLY as they propose?

So it's going to be 15%, 20% and then 44.6% ONLY for people over $100m in net worth? Even if they did, that won't stay that way. The Dems are always about more taxes.

Don't be naive.

The top percent, sure. But what about the rest? You're telling me that they are just going to leave the other rates alone? You also think that they are going to implement it EXACTLY as they propose?

So it's going to be 15%, 20% and then 44.6% ONLY for people over $100m in net worth? Even if they did, that won't stay that way. The Dems are always about more taxes.

Don't be naive.
In the history of the USA has there ever been a time in trying to eat the rich that the workers were not also affected? Chances are "we" need those with those assets more than they need us. I have a hard time believing that in a crowded corral of oxen, that my ox doesn't get gored...and by then it is too late. This is older, but still is worthy of viewing. Eat the rich

• Love
HUD628 said:

Eagerly awaiting your reply to my 2 questions.
You still didn't answer the questions.
Here, I'll narrow it down more.
1) Do you think you'll pay more in taxes under a Democrat or Republican POTUS?

The point is that any time there's a tax hike, the people that control prices pass those down. This is just a reality.
But if the fweedom fighter becomes pres, her plan is for her to control the prices - since that approach has worked so well in Venezuela, Russia and for three months in the US under Nixon before he recognized the stupidity of it and dropped it.

Choose Joy.

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1
But if the fweedom fighter becomes pres, her plan is for her to control the prices - since that approach has worked so well in Venezuela, Russia and for three months in the US under Nixon before he recognized the stupidity of it and dropped it.

Choose Joy.
Nixon wasn't the first. FDR did it too and it was a total disaster.

Don't be naive.
I’m telling you that you posted a lie. Your post was a flat out lie, and even all your buddies here who normally pump you up know it.

You’re one of those who accuses folks of being sheep and believing what you’re told, blah blah blah. But you spend all your free time liking wing nut memes and watching all the YouTube videos with the OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THE TRUTH THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW?!?!?! thumbnails that your algorithm gives you. You’ve got to be the most propagandized person flying a plane lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m telling you that you posted a lie. Your post was a flat out lie, and even all your buddies here who normally pump you up know it.

You’re one of those who accuses folks of being sheep and believing what you’re told, blah blah blah. But you spend all your free time liking wing nut memes and watching all the YouTube videos with the OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THE TRUTH THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW?!?!?! thumbnails that your algorithm gives you. You’ve got to be the most propagandized person flying a plane lol
First of all it's only a lie if it's a known deceit. I did not know there was a caveat to that rate. However, I also know the MO of the Democrats and that they will use the opportunity to raise all of the other rates.

You're also pushing false claims as well as you seemed to suggest that I paid capitol gains tax only because I was supposedly worth $100m. There is no such caveat in the current capitol gains tax code which is why I assumed there was no such caveat in the proposed code.

Yeah and the original federal income tax was sold as only 1% for most people. You probably would have fallen for that one too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT