ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Great quote from Frankie Williams …

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Talked to him for the defensive preview for our magazine, plus a story on him and Anthony Brown, their shared history, etc.

Anyway, Frankie's Robinson High School team wasn't good his first couple years, leading to them always being the underdog. He also personally felt like an underdog, because he was way underweight (he gained 35 pounds before his junior season), wasn't recruited by the Florida big boys, etc.

"Nobody believed in us, because we were a smaller team," he said. "Nobody believed in us, because we weren’t the highest recruits. We just had grit and we had a togetherness and a mindset that we weren’t going to be stopped. And it’s the same thing (here), that’s why I love Purdue. My senior year, Purdue went 4-8 and I just came here and I was like ‘I don’t want to be somewhere where they’ve already been winning.’ You’re just another number. I want to be somewhere where I can change a program and ’30 for 30’ will call you in a couple years. That’s what I think about.”

Will have more from him in BOILING OVER tomorrow, including about a player who he thinks is "scary good" who nobody talks about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News