ADVERTISEMENT

Great day to be a Boilermaker

Nice win but if I were a Nebraska alum I'd hide my diploma and burn all my Nebraska apparel and memorabilia after this one. We'll now be out of the coach search for another year and Nebraska will be in one immediately.

A win over a D1 team sure feels nice. DH owes both QB's in this game (Blough- 5 TD, Fyfe- 4 Int, fumble) a trip to Louisvegas as a thank you for the win!

Last edited:
Reactions: indyogb
Cheers and Boiler Up Purdue fans. I admit, it feels great. For us much as we can't stand Shoop, I think he actually had a great game. And that's the best a QB has played for us since at least Marve, maybe Painter.

Reactions: D A Y
Cheers and Boiler Up Purdue fans. I admit, it feels great. For us much as we can't stand Shoop, I think he actually had a great game. And that's the best a QB has played for us since at least Marve, maybe Painter.
Agreed! A win is a win and we needed to execute to get the victory. It was no fluke. Blough played a great game.

Seeing all the kids from Nebraska in the stands today, I couldn't help but to think that they were cursing mommy and daddy under their breath - "you dragged me all the way here and I had to give up going out for Halloween for THIS fiasco?"

I don't know if it was a great game calling as much as it was a good game plan that fit more with Blough's strengths.

It was nice to finally get a home Big Ten win, the first for Hazell and staff.
Nebraska's pass defense is ranked 126th out of 128th.

Reactions: Summy1
I don't know if it was a great game calling as much as it was a good game plan that fit more with Blough's strengths.

It was nice to finally get a home Big Ten win, the first for Hazell and staff.

I think that's what made it great.

Is it wrong, greedy, shameful, crazy to think ahead, and maybe have a shot at beating the Illini next week? Forgive me, all the Halloween candy has got me more fuzzier headed than normal. I just want to believe if we can keep being aggressive on Offense and the D can get some more turnovers, maybe the young men can earn another "W". Practice this week should be a little more spirited than usual. Congrats Men, keep working hard! BOILER UP NOW!!!

Boiler Up!

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: Bully4OldPurdue
Well the team won by 10, but that was helped by 5 turnovers from opposing team, looks like Nebraska was playing like Purdue did earlier. Blough did well today, and will get better, just gotta get better defense. I realize they got 5 turnovers but that was due to seldom used QB and they also gave up 45 points. Glad to get the win, just not overly excited about it.

Well the team won by 10, but that was helped by 5 turnovers from opposing team, looks like Nebraska was playing like Purdue did earlier. Blough did well today, and will get better, just gotta get better defense. I realize they got 5 turnovers but that was due to seldom used QB and they also gave up 45 points. Glad to get the win, just not overly excited about it.
29 points in the 4th quarter too.

Very good effort, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when Purdue legitimately dominated the game. Hudson's big fumble recovery seemed to turn the game.

As others have said, it would have been a different story had we faced Tommy Armstrong, But injuries are a part of the game, and we've certainly had our share of star players go down over the years.

I was a little concerned with the 4th quarter defense, but Purdue did score twice in that last period to keep Nebraska at arm's length.

There's another winnable game this week. November 2015 will be the most critical month of Haze's tenure at Purdue. The schedule is not overwhelming down the stretch. He has to produce some wins, and he has to do it now.

Agreed. We lose to Nebraska if Tommy Armstrong was playing.
I was at the game, and the Nebraska fans I was sitting by commented that Armstrong would not have been able to make a lot of the good throws that Fyfe made, though he likely wouldn't have thrown that many picks.

Very good effort, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when Purdue legitimately dominated the game. Hudson's big fumble recovery seemed to turn the game.

As others have said, it would have been a different story had we faced Tommy Armstrong, But injuries are a part of the game, and we've certainly had our share of star players go down over the years.

I was a little concerned with the 4th quarter defense, but Purdue did score twice in that last period to keep Nebraska at arm's length.

There's another winnable game this week. November 2015 will be the most critical month of Haze's tenure at Purdue. The schedule is not overwhelming down the stretch. He has to produce some wins, and he has to do it now.

I agree, I think we can beat Illinois and maybe IU if we can score enough points. No to Iowa and NW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT