ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Soul Searching

LedZep17

True Freshman
Aug 13, 2020
Reactions: Monkey Pox
I have said it for a while now

Frankenstein-and-Doctor-Frankenstein.jpg

If they can abort Trumpism and QAnon they have a fighting chance to turn things around, however long that takes. Unfortunately, they have Dear Leader Disciples to contend with and now Q representation in Congress; not to mention what will be a growing number of moderate Republicans who won't be sticking around one way or the other to find out what happens.

There’s no getting rid of the movement Trump started.

There’s no getting rid of the movement Trump started.

But an impeachment conviction, should it happen, would deliver it a major blow, you agree? So then what happens to the movement? It will need another home. So who's going to start the new party and how will it be organized? I'm sure we could come up with some good names to give it --- Legalities aside, we're not seriously going to call it the MAGA Party, are we?

But an impeachment conviction, should it happen, would deliver it a major blow, you agree? So then what happens to the movement? It will need another home. So who's going to start the new party and how will it be organized? I'm sure we could come up with some good names to give it --- Legalities aside, we're not seriously going to call it the MAGA Party, are we?
That Trump brand is garbage after the failed attempt to overthrow the government. He will lucky to be a free man much longer. Let’s face the facts right now. The modern Trump Republican Party has more in common with isis than they do with the democrats.

The really bad news is the republicans have got absolutely destroyed is the elections when Trump the terrorist wasn’t on the ticket. He is the only one who can be bring the low iq low frequency white trash voter.

Last edited:
What the domestic terrorist movement? Unless you are talking about the movement towards democrats since trump got lucky in 2016.
Yes, the BLM and Antofagasta domestic terrorism over the summer and the storming of the Capital last Wednesday is infuriating, despicable and needs to stop. I’m sure basement Joe, Nancy and Chuck can bring the Country together, though.

I laugh at the tv when I hear 2nd impeachment. That’s how much of a joke this is. President Trumps ratings are actually increasing right now. I agree, it is hard to believe but they actually are. He’s struck a cord with half of America.

I think that’s been and currently being tried by the left now. Just doesn’t seem to be scratching the surface. Trump’s approval ratings have been increasing every day this week.
Are they up to 33% now, or down to 33% now?

I guess that I'm confused.

Reactions: Bill4411
That Trump brand is garbage after the failed attempt to overthrow the government. He will lucky to be a free man much longer. Let’s face the facts right now. The modern Trump Republican Party has more in common with isis than they do with the democrats.

The really bad news is the republicans have got absolutely destroyed is the elections when Trump the terrorist wasn’t on the ticket. He is the only one who can be bring the low iq low frequency white trash voter.

Hey, man. Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.

Trump’s approval ratings have been increasing every day this week.

Alternative facts.

Alternative facts.

Sophie will be here any minute to tell you it's just fake news. 😂 😂 😂

Alternative facts.

Very similar to all the polls showing a landslide victory for the dems in the house and senate, LOL.

I laugh at the tv when I hear 2nd impeachment. That’s how much of a joke this is. President Trumps ratings are actually increasing right now. I agree, it is hard to believe but they actually are. He’s struck a cord with half of America.
It’ll be interesting to watch “rules aren’t made for me” Nancy and her side show , Chuckie, sprint to the senate with impeachment papers this time vs trying to leverage the senate for a month the last time. What a charade.

What the domestic terrorist movement? Unless you are talking about the movement towards democrats since trump got lucky in 2016.
Losing 12+ seats in the House, losing governorships, losing state legislatures is evidence of movement towards Ds? I’d say no. If GA didn’t have the law that you need 50%+ to win the general election (he got 49.7%), David Perdue would have beat Ossoff and the Rs would have held the Senate.

If you said 2020 was a repudiation of Trump and his style, I’d say ok. To say it was a repudiation of the R party overall is just not true.

Losing 12+ seats in the House, losing governorships, losing state legislatures is evidence of movement towards Ds? I’d say no. If GA didn’t have the law that you need 50%+ to win the general election (he got 49.7%), David Perdue would have beat Ossoff and the Rs would have held the Senate.

If you said 2020 was a repudiation of Trump and his style, I’d say ok. To say it was a repudiation of the R party overall is just not true.
Gerrymandering.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Yes, the BLM and Antofagasta domestic terrorism over the summer and the storming of the Capital last Wednesday is infuriating, despicable and needs to stop. I’m sure basement Joe, Nancy and Chuck can bring the Country together, though.
All terrorism sucks. But Right wing terrorism is the number threat to Americans. But keep blaming the democrats for republican problems.

Well, guess what. There will be more of it this year. From both R and D states.
Probably so. How do we curtail it?

A 55% to 45% population advantage shouldn't translate to an 80%-20% advantage in representation.

I wish we would use actual geo-political boundaries (county lines, township lines, city limits, precinct lines, etc...) as a starting point instead of drawing districts that cross several county lines that look like they were drawn by a 4 year old with a magic marker.

Probably so. How do we curtail it?

A 55% to 45% population advantage shouldn't translate to an 80%-20% advantage in representation.

I wish we would use actual geo-political boundaries (county lines, township lines, city limits, precinct lines, etc...) as a starting point instead of drawing districts that cross several county lines that look like they were drawn by a 4 year old with a magic marker.
It’s a great question. I don’t think there’s an easy answer. Both parties do this in most states. Even with “non-partisan/bi-partisan commissions” some states still have skewed/gerrymandered districts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT