ADVERTISEMENT

Good read

ChoiceBeef

All-American
Feb 19, 2017
Good read from Brian about all the football graphics that you see on Twitter and Instagram.

I know we have a great amount of graphics we do during the season for basketball which begs the question - do you go to this level for basketball recruits?

There is a great quote from Erin Hodges “Graphics are visualization," Hodges said. "If you visualize yourself doing something enough, you might eventually want to start doing it."

We should get a professional photo of kids going up for dunks and swap them in on Carsen’s dunk against IU.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/for-purdue-football-recruiting-it-starts-with-the-look

Great article. I have been noticing it and really nice to see us taking the lead in such an important area for the demo we are recruiting.

And agree it does feel like the bball side could be more active in this area, but obviously by defining there's less activity/touches there

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Good read from Brian about all the football graphics that you see on Twitter and Instagram.

I know we have a great amount of graphics we do during the season for basketball which begs the question - do you go to this level for basketball recruits?

There is a great quote from Erin Hodges “Graphics are visualization," Hodges said. "If you visualize yourself doing something enough, you might eventually want to start doing it."

We should get a professional photo of kids going up for dunks and swap them in on Carsen’s dunk against IU.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/for-purdue-football-recruiting-it-starts-with-the-look
There is a dedicated visual graphics person for football and I believe for both basketball programs. Honestly, it's one of the main components as to why Purdue's recruiting has upticked. The Fortnite graphic has got to be one of the best attention grabbers I have seen from any program in the country. Other programs have copied that idea multiple times and I believe Purdue is a trend setter with a few other aspects as well. The woman interviewed is on top of the game and like she said...find your corner of the market, find something that makes it stand out, and hammer it home.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT