ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck rest of year Boilers and one note

Nov 2, 2006
Purdue is clearly on right track with a brjhht offensive coach.

This game has parallels to a UM-Purdue bball game in the 2010-2011 season. It was Beilein's third year and we were young and overachieving early. The B1G opener was hosting Purdue and people thought we could spring the upset.

We stood toe to toe for a half and then Purdue just pounded us in the second. Lost by double digits. But team regrouped and surprised everyone by making the NCAA and winning a game. Led the groundwork for a B1G title in 2012 and a final four run in 2013

Think you guys will do similar things. I think you will reach a bowl and will contend for the forseeable future in the west with Brohm

Brohm is clearly a good coach and he was able to catch Michigan's D offguard a bit on a few plays. He just doesn't have the talent yet. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the Western division over the next 2-3 years with a little more talent.

Brohm is clearly a good coach and he was able to catch Michigan's D offguard a bit on a few plays. He just doesn't have the talent yet. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the Western division over the next 2-3 years with a little more talent.
I would agree with this. Purdue has some good players, but not enough of them and not on the same level as Michigan's athletes. In the second half, it looked like Purdue just wore down. Michigan was able to stop the run, get pressure consistently, and smother Purdue's receivers. With all the three and outs, combined with Michigan's superior size and Purdue's lack of depth on D, the defense just wore down. The effort was there, but effort only take you so far when you are overmatched.

I think that Brohm is an excellent coach, but Harbaugh is one of the top football coaches on any level and very hard to out-scheme. Ultimately, this game was decided on talent.

thanks for stopping by OP....nice to see one good post for a mich fan, lots of your trash has washed up on this board lately unfortunately

If we could flip some of Michigans 4 star recruits, our rebuild wouldn't take so long lol, you think Coach Harbaugh would help a brother out? Just wonderin lol

I seriously think, though, that whatever stars Purdue recruits have coming in, this coaching staff has the capacity to coach them to beyond the incoming potential. If 22 walk-ons can be coached up to win the national championship, start 'em. And Purdue is stocked with way more raw material than that.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I seriously think, though, that whatever stars Purdue recruits have coming in, this coaching staff has the capacity to coach them to beyond the incoming potential. If 22 walk-ons can be coached up to win the national championship, start 'em. And Purdue is stocked with way more raw material than that.

Yes just look at what they have gotten those players to accomplish working with them much less than a year.

Yes just look at what they have gotten those players to accomplish working with them much less than a year.

Given the atmosphere of the previous staff, the players could not really be blamed for not believing in themselves. The shot in the arm they got with the present staff is, all by itself, an improvement. And there are technical improvements that showed up on Saturday at least.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT