ADVERTISEMENT

Good game, Cats

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Most here predicted a close game and it was. The more experienced defense and QB played like it, especially in the first half. Game came down to the last series and could have gone either way. Now take your win and get lost.

Most here predicted a close game and it was. The more experienced defense and QB played like it, especially in the first half. Game came down to the last series and could have gone either way. Now take your win and get lost.
I wonder if they practice knocking down receivers when the ball is in the air,hoping the refs dont see it,and teach their Receivers to throw down defensive backs hoping no striped shirt sees it.

Last night's game was similar to last year's opener against Louisville in the sense that Purdue played well enough to be in the game but killed themselves with turnovers.

I agree, this one isn't on the officials; Sindelar has to make better decisions.

I like the way the defense played in the second half; I'm sure Coach Holt will bring the young starters along and the unit will get better.

Moore, Wow! What else can you say! That kid is going to be special.

Elijah has to lead. I love his mentality, and I think he makes the offense more potent than does Blough. But he can't give it away. He put a young defense in some very bad situations last night.

DJ Knox continues to be an underrated weapon. I love how Brohm has used him the past couple years.

I think Sindelar continues to start. The mistakes he made tonight can be overcome.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I think Sindelar continues to start. The mistakes he made tonight can be overcome.
Against an average defense, Eli might have had only 1 pick last night. He made some bad decisions, but NU defense had a lot to do with it. We will see that level of defense only 3-4 more times this season. With his arm he gives the offense more upside than DB. I agreed with the QB change last night in order to mix things up, but after a couple series NU adjusted and instead of throwing interceptions we were punting. One game does not define ES (neither this game nor the bowl game). Hit the reset button and start again.

Against an average defense, Eli might have had only 1 pick last night. He made some bad decisions, but NU defense had a lot to do with it. We will see that level of defense only 3-4 more times this season. With his arm he gives the offense more upside than DB. I agreed with the QB change last night in order to mix things up, but after a couple series NU adjusted and instead of throwing interceptions we were punting. One game does not define ES (neither this game nor the bowl game). Hit the reset button and start again.
I was okay with the first pick because it was a 50/50 ball (But was clearly DPI). The 2nd and 3rd picks were egregious.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT