ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football GoldandBlack.com updated depth chart (link)

Stacy_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2004
Our two-deep is based on observations from Tuesday's practice, the first of Marshall prep.

Probably should create a new four-receiver formation because, as I've said multiple times, I think that's what Purdue will start in. But this depth chart still has a TE in there, so we'll wait and see and update if needed.

But if it were four receivers, that'd have Anthrop in one slot spot as No. 1 with Posey in the other No. 1 slot and Trae Hart as the No. 3 in both places, probably. But Shane Mikesky would likely be the No. 4 slot, though Hazell said Tuesday they're only counting a top "seven" right now with four guys on the outside and three on the inside.

One guy who dropped off the previous two-deep: Bilal Marshall. He had a great first week of camp and was quickly rising and then he got hurt. Story of his career, unfortunately. He still isn't back practicing because of that ankle injury, and, honestly, I'm not sure he's going to get another chance to make it back into the two deep, especially if Domo Young and Anthony Mahoungou keep getting better. I hope he does because I like Marshall a lot. But ... at this point I'd bet against him getting another chance.

Also, we put Tim Cason as a No. 2 safety, but Evan Feichter appeared to get about the same amount of reps Tuesday. So that's kind of a slash, but we can't do slashes in that program.

LINK: Depth chart

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.