ADVERTISEMENT

Gicarri Harris commits to Purdue basketball

This is very nice timing going into the holidays and outstanding from Matt Painter and the Purdue program. Excellent potential for an impactful two-way player. He gives Painter the flexibility he has not had often on both ends of the floor. It's also good to see him close on a recruit for which he went all in. Heck of an incoming class for the Boilers.

giphy.gif

This is very nice timing going into the holidays and outstanding from Matt Painter and the Purdue program. Excellent potential for an impactful two-way player. He gives Painter the flexibility he has not had often on both ends of the floor. It's also good to see him close on a recruit for which he went all in. Heck of an incoming class for the Boilers.

giphy.gif
you said it !!! now it'll be interesting to see how it plays out w/ being over signed by one.

Perry vs Harris! Who was considered the better player? Of the two for personal connections to big dog I prefer harris! Perry seemed like the better perimeter shooter and Harris seemed like the better overall player and playmaker

Perry vs Harris! Who was considered the better player? Of the two for personal connections to big dog I prefer harris! Perry seemed like the better perimeter shooter and Harris seemed like the better overall player and playmaker
If you go by the “expert scouts”, they’re pretty close in rankings…Perry would be considered the better shooter and maybe scorer at this point in their careers…but that’s tough to tell due to the competition each faces in high school.

IMO, Harris fits more of what Purdue needs compared to Perry. I’d say Harris is more athletic, better defender, stronger and be a good option to backup Braden. I think Perry can be successful at the D1 level, but not sure how much more he differed from Loyer and Benter and therefore wouldn’t know how much playing time he’d get.

Reactions: Schnelk
If you go by the “expert scouts”, they’re pretty close in rankings…Perry would be considered the better shooter and maybe scorer at this point in their careers…but that’s tough to tell due to the competition each faces in high school.

IMO, Harris fits more of what Purdue needs compared to Perry. I’d say Harris is more athletic, better defender, stronger and be a good option to backup Braden. I think Perry can be successful at the D1 level, but not sure how much more he differed from Loyer and Benter and therefore wouldn’t know how much playing time he’d get.
Benter gives us what Perry has. Plus more size and strength. And a love for Purdue.

I didn't think it was a contest? Harris was always the better get.

Enjoy this year, should be a good ride……but a sneak at next year, Smith, Colvin, Catchings, Heide, TKR/Furst/Berg………Loyer 6 th man and Harris next up

I didn't think it was a contest? Harris was always the better get.
Contest? No. But we were looking at both and recruiting them both heavily and then backed off of one. Wole asked a question, so I answered. I agree with you that Harris is the better get, especially for what the team needs for next year and beyond.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Congrats Coach Painter on closing the deal on Harris. I give you plenty of hell on here but that’s a helluva 1 week recruiting haul. Well done!

Just curious, anyone know why Harris doesn’t go by Robinson?
Glenn isn’t actively involved is what I believe I heard.

• Sad
Reactions: bonefish1
Contest? No. But we were looking at both and recruiting them both heavily and then backed off of one. Wole asked a question, so I answered. I agree with you that Harris is the better get, especially for what the team needs for next year and beyond.
It's an easy decision for me, if I have two equal or similar players, I will choose the legacy player everytime. I want to know where the scholarship is coming from personally but I am sure Painter has it figured out already.

Hell of a class... Let's lock down some more Power Forwards and Centers in the class of '25. I think we have a good handle on guard play for a couple years.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
It's an easy decision for me, if I have two equal or similar players, I will choose the legacy player everytime. I want to know where the scholarship is coming from personally but I am sure Painter has it figured out already.

Hell of a class... Let's lock down some more Power Forwards and Centers in the class of '25. I think we have a good handle on guard play for a couple years.
Sisley and Moreno are obviously ones we would like to get for forward…but if Haralson is somehow in play, we absolutely have him come in and have him start right away.

Reactions: spoilerdave
Nice. Painter & Co. have been on a roll the last few years. It's nice to break the typical Purdue recruiting pattern of one great class followed by several years of middling classes. Maybe they are in the process of breaking out of the associated "rebuilding" cycle every few years.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Good review of the class and why Harris might be the best one

Thanks Beef! Pretty interesting stuff.

The article mentions risk with Catchings…is that just being around for a year or am I missing something? Also strange it didn’t mention Gillis the same as it did Morton.

Definitely excited to have Harris aboard and watch him grow!

Thanks Beef! Pretty interesting stuff.

The article mentions risk with Catchings…is that just being around for a year or am I missing something? Also strange it didn’t mention Gillis the same as it did Morton.

Definitely excited to have Harris aboard and watch him grow!
I think the author is just higher on Harris than he is Catchings is what I read in that piece.

I think he just missed Gillis as being a senior that does have a covid year like Morton.

Is the early signing period over? Hoping Purdue does not have to wait for the Spring to have him sign!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT