ADVERTISEMENT

George got his state championship

today.

Now time to start working on that NCAA Championship!
Not sure who else caught this, but Hazell's kid scored a TD for West Laffy in their championship game. Somehow, that sort of speaks well on Dad's character. Did Haze move up to Minnesota? If so, it would have been easy to move his entire family, instead of letting the child finish up in W Lafayette. Even if he set up part-time residency, it shows a huge commitment on his part.

Not sure who else caught this, but Hazell's kid scored a TD for West Laffy in their championship game. Somehow, that sort of speaks well on Dad's character. Did Haze move up to Minnesota? If so, it would have been easy to move his entire family, instead of letting the child finish up in W Lafayette. Even if he set up part-time residency, it shows a huge commitment on his part.

He also won the mental attitude award.

I don’t think Hazell’s character was ever in question, just wasn’t a very good head football coach. Probably makes a good assistant though.

That was a great game. That and the Evansville Central/FW Dwenger game were fun to watch.
In person, WL seemed to be 6” taller and 30 lbs heavier at every position, but memorial kept scoring on them somehow. WL had Yanni in man coverage on a slot receiver just about every play, which I thought was odd.

Reactions: krf3632
Is his kid going to be a D1 prospect?

Great to hear. I never really understood the disdain on this board for him. His offensive philosophy just wasn't the correct approach at Purdue.

Great to hear. I never really understood the disdain on this board for him. His offensive philosophy just wasn't the correct approach at Purdue.
It was also the terrible recruiting, the historically awful winning percentage, the stubbornness (hanging onto Shoop for 3 years!!??) etc etc. But I have heard he is a nice guy.

Is George hurt? The box score says he assisted on one tackle? I live in Florida so I am sort of out of the loop - sorry. I didn't realize West Lafayette was having a championship season. Pretty cool!

I haven't followed him very much. But, is Hazell's son a senior? Has he been recruited very heavily? Could he be a walkon at Purdue? Or headed to Minnesota?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT