ADVERTISEMENT

GBI on Maliq Car’s new edit

Props to the folks at Purdue doing all the behind the scenes/design work. The graphics the last few years have been outstanding and I assume the recruits love it since they can share it on their social media pages. I think last year they were using Fortnite and now with GOT - kudos to staying relevant and connecting with recruits!

Props to the folks at Purdue doing all the behind the scenes/design work. The graphics the last few years have been outstanding and I assume the recruits love it since they can share it on their social media pages. I think last year they were using Fortnite and now with GOT - kudos to staying relevant and connecting with recruits!
Dont think this one was from Purdue. Purdue wouldnt use GBI's IP

Dont think this one was from Purdue. Purdue wouldnt use GBI's IP

I’m not really sure what you mean, but I read that “people at Elliott HOM” helped make the throne.

This was per a tweet from Hodges.

I’m not really sure what you mean, but I read that “people at Elliott HOM” helped make the throne.

This was per a tweet from Hodges.
I doubt Sadler's team would use GBI's logo in an edit for a prospect. It would be GBI's intellectual property.

Also, the tag of the person who put it together is in the picture.

The throne was done by the AD visual department. It’s all over their twitter.

Okay, let's clear this up.

Throne: Purdue football (Cc Eron Hodges and his team)

Original pictures of recruits on the throne: Purdue football staff (again Cc Eron Hodges and his team, particularly Chris Johnson & Paul Sadler)

This particular edit: Someone else

The person who edited this image took the Purdue football recruiting content and changed it. The photo was originally taken by Purdue, but this specific version with "Gold and Black Illustrated" was most definitely not something that Purdue AD produced. It's actually pretty shoddy work compared to what the football recruiting staff regularly puts out.

Okay, let's clear this up.

Throne: Purdue football (Cc Eron Hodges and his team)

Original pictures of recruits on the throne: Purdue football staff (again Cc Eron Hodges and his team, particularly Chris Johnson & Paul Sadler)

This particular edit: Someone else

The person who edited this image took the Purdue football recruiting content and changed it. The photo was originally taken by Purdue, but this specific version with "Gold and Black Illustrated" was most definitely not something that Purdue AD produced. It's actually pretty shoddy work compared to what the football recruiting staff regularly puts out.
Yes. This. The Purdue staff has done an excellent job with their stuff. Purdue marketing and PR is light years ahead of where they were. One of the best in the business now. The only real reason I put this on was I don’t think I’ve ever seen GBI on any edits done by anyone and since this is a GBI board I thought I’d share.

Yes. This. The Purdue staff has done an excellent job with their stuff. Purdue marketing and PR is light years ahead of where they were. One of the best in the business now. The only real reason I put this on was I don’t think I’ve ever seen GBI on any edits done by anyone and since this is a GBI board I thought I’d share.

Hopefully my response didn't seem like a shot at your OP - definitely not the intention. Wanted to make sure people aren't confusing Purdue staff content with 3rd party edits. Definitely seems like a positive sign that Maliq is having people work up edits like this separate from what Purdue is already doing.

Hopefully my response didn't seem like a shot at your OP - definitely not the intention. Wanted to make sure people aren't confusing Purdue staff content with 3rd party edits. Definitely seems like a positive sign that Maliq is having people work up edits like this separate from what Purdue is already doing.
Not at all. It’s all good here. I don’t take stuff personally. I was just clarifying the reasoning of it and make sure people knew that I wasn’t saying this was from Purdue’s team

To clear up a lot of speculation on the whole throne thing.

I wanted to use a sum of money in the recruiting budget to buy a throne. I just thought it would be cool. I looked at a few online and was going to purchase it. Ashley McCaffery and Charles Jischke were around me that day and Charles mentioned having one built specifically for Purdue would be cooler. Ashley did a lot of research on thrones. Charles had connections over at the Hall of Music. Ivana over in the HOM took our ideas and designed the throne. Took about a month to completed & delivered. To be honest, the throne just so happened to be ready on the day of GOT. It was supposed to be ready for our Jr. Day in April. Had a few setbacks but it all worked out.

Throne idea: Eron Hodges

Research, Refinement & Resources: Ashley McCaffery & Charles Jischke

Original pictures of recruits on the throne: Chris Johnson

Video debut on Twitter; Scott Horton

- Eron

I wanted to use a sum of money in the recruiting budget to buy a throne. I just thought it would be cool. I looked at a few online and was going to purchase it. Ashley McCaffery and Charles Jischke were around me that day and Charles mentioned having one built specifically for Purdue would be cooler. Ashley did a lot of research on thrones. Charles had connections over at the Hall of Music. Ivana over in the HOM took our ideas and designed the throne. Took about a month to completed & delivered. To be honest, the throne just so happened to be ready on the day of GOT. It was supposed to be ready for our Jr. Day in April. Had a few setbacks but it all worked out.

- Eron

BUMP because this info needs to be seen. I absolutely love how this has all turned out. The lighting in the pics is what truly sets it over the top!

- Eron
Cool idea. You’re doing a great job with everything!

- Eron
Thing that sticks out the most to me: Eron making sure everyone knows it was a team effort to complete and gives the proper recognition to those who deserve it. Signs of a great leader.

We got a new crystal ball pick this morning for Carr this morning. We are now up to 75% with him.

I saw that there was a new article today that we are still a very strong contender for Redding. I don't see how we can turn down either one, so we take 3 if Redding and Carr both say yes, even with a smaller class?

Never thought we would have that luxury to ever ask that question. .

We got a new crystal ball pick this morning for Carr this morning. We are now up to 75% with him.

Its kind of interesting, the two guys that have him to MI are the three least accurate prognosticators. And by a long shot. Comparatively, the person that just updated his pick is the most accurate at near 94% for 2020 picks compared to 25%-77% for MI. Purdue's picks range 77%-94%. Seems like all good signs pointing toward Purdue.

Its kind of interesting, the two guys that have him to MI are the three least accurate prognosticators. And by a long shot. Comparatively, the person that just updated his pick is the most accurate at near 94% for 2020 picks compared to 25%-77% for MI. Purdue's picks range 77%-94%. Seems like all good signs pointing toward Purdue.
I am not sure about Redding, but Steve Wiltfong has Carr going to us. Of course, it will be over 3 months before we hear Carr's official decision. I am not sure when Redding is announcing. We do have his roommate coming in this year as a walk on, and I am sure Desmond is being in a good word or two for us also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT