ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1 at Ross Ade

I didn’t say anything about the corners or OL. Grant was fine. So was the entire OL.

Complaining that almost the entire front 7 had terrible tackling grades against freaking ISU is legitimate
Ya. Tackling was tough, but it was game one. It’s always suspect in game one.

Ya. Tackling was tough, but it was game one. It’s always suspect in game one.
Here are your front seven tackling numbers in game one up front from pff. I’ll include cylinder and star

Stevens 83.7
Breedlove 78.5
Sillah 77.0
Ali-Muhammad 74.3
Karlaftis 73.1
Irving 70.2
Madden 58.8
Heldt 58.0
Lewis 52.0
Jenkins 49.0
Ojata 38.7
Brevard 30.9
M’ba 28.9
Berlin’s 22.6

Omonode must not have had an attempt, he was not graded. Some of those numbers are a bad sign against a FCS team. Especially on the D-line. At least cause for those guys to really clean up some things before ND.

Here are your front seven tackling numbers in game one up front from pff. I’ll include cylinder and star

Stevens 83.7
Breedlove 78.5
Sillah 77.0
Ali-Muhammad 74.3
Karlaftis 73.1
Irving 70.2
Madden 58.8
Heldt 58.0
Lewis 52.0
Jenkins 49.0
Ojata 38.7
Brevard 30.9
M’ba 28.9
Berlin’s 22.6

Omonode must not have had an attempt, he was not graded. Some of those numbers are a bad sign against a FCS team. Especially on the D-line. At least cause for those guys to really clean up some things before ND.
Yes. I know. They weren’t great. It’s game one though. Grain of salt. You see the same thing in the NFL and across the board in week 1. It’s because these guys don’t hit much in practice.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Yes. I know. They weren’t great. It’s game one though. Grain of salt. You see the same thing in the NFL and across the board in week 1. It’s because these guys don’t hit much in practice.
Other than those two items I thought they were outstanding

Reactions: BoilerN
Maybe a tick? Neubert thinks Edrine lost it in the sun. I tend to agree.

I’m guessing Cards injury impacted him quite a bit last year. He balled when healthy. Also, QB’s are better in year two in a system.
Yeah, from the stands it looked like Edrine took the pedal off the gas towards the end trying to find it.

I think what is important to remember is that the schemes and play calling were probably super bland and basic.

I think what is important to remember is that the schemes and play calling were probably super bland and basic.
When I think of these games I think of 2011 vs southeast Missouri State lol

> the team came off a 2 point loss to Rice

> Brian described seeing “doughy linemen” pregame; warning everyone not to get too excited.

> SEMS had a 6’6” receiver named Chaunte Ahamefule. He almost caught one pass. Now, I read his name as “a ha meh fuel.” But Wayne laravee kept spazzing out and referring to him as Ahaaaamerrrrfuuuuulaaaaa! He did nothing lol

Caleb terbush and Bob Marve combined for like 250 yards. Terbush had a similar completion percentage to card. Purdue won 59-0. OJ Ross had a productive day. So did Justin siller as a wide receiver. Brandon cottom was almost the leading rusher.

If that gives you an idea of how these games should go.

> Brian described seeing “doughy linemen” pregame; warning everyone not to get too excited.

> SEMS had a 6’6” receiver named Chaunte Ahamefule. He almost caught one pass. Now, I read his name as “a ha meh fuel.” But Wayne laravee kept spazzing out and referring to him as Ahaaaamerrrrfuuuuulaaaaa! He did nothing lol

Caleb terbush and Bob Marve combined for like 250 yards. Terbush had a similar completion percentage to card. Purdue won 59-0. OJ Ross had a productive day. So did Justin siller as a wide receiver. Brandon cottom was almost the leading rusher.

Saturday was definitely better than Haze's 20-14 masterpiece against Indiana State in 2013. Was that the game that required a reverse KO return TD to win? It was also better than the time Purdue somehow gave up 35 to the Sycamores late in the Tiller era.

Purdue is supposed to beat FCS teams convincingly, but the last two against ISU (combined 105-0) have been the two most lopsided in the series. I wonder how much longer Curt Mallory will survive there.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Saturday was definitely better than Haze's 20-14 masterpiece against Indiana State in 2013. Was that the game that required a reverse KO return TD to win? It was also better than the time Purdue somehow gave up 35 to the Sycamores late in the Tiller era.

Purdue is supposed to beat FCS teams convincingly, but the last two against ISU (combined 105-0) have been the two most lopsided in the series. I wonder how much longer Curt Mallory will survive there.
Again I’m not unhappy with Saturday. But I think even @pboiler18 would admit Walters is a noticeable improvement over Darrell hazell.

Reactions: rgarlitz

Yes. This went exactly as it was supposed to with a likely blah, vanilla game plan to show nothing.

Again I’m not unhappy with Saturday. But I think even @pboiler18 would admit Walters is a noticeable improvement over Darrell hazell.
Ya. But he won’t actually have a conversation about how Walter’s inherited a rebuild. Turns out Walter’s inherited the 8-4 team. The exact team.

Sure, absolutely. No argument on Saturday.

I'm not trying to compare Walker to Haze, just pointing out that FCS games aren't always 49-point walkovers. Looking back on the Purdue/ISU series, I see Fred Akers also had a 20-14 beaut in '90. The two worst coaches in Purdue's modern history both struggled to beat Indiana State. Figures.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Sure, absolutely. No argument on Saturday.

I'm not trying to compare Walker to Haze, just pointing out that FCS games aren't always 49-point walkovers. Looking back on the Purdue/ISU series, I see Fred Akers also had a 20-14 beaut in '90. The two worst coaches in Purdue's modern history both struggled to beat Indiana State. Figures.
And all I’m saying is they should be

Unless you’re playing a I-AA top dog like NDSU or you have Darrell hazell lol

And all I’m saying is they should be

Unless you’re playing a I-AA top dog like NDSU or you have Darrell hazell lol
I aways have to cringe when I enter "2024 purdue fall football camp" on YouTube and Hazell's first practice session from 11 years always comes up.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT