ADVERTISEMENT

For those (like me) who think Robbie is too unbiased when he calls our games...he was crying after the game.

I made a point a couple days ago. We were discussing NIL and if Edey would have come back, left for another program or went to the NBA after last year without the massive payday. The original question was about the transfer market and how many players leave each year... And how we haven't had as big of a hit in that market... Anyway my point was I believe CMP finds guys who not only are good basketball players but good people. This backs that point a bit... I think maybe we wont have the same issue with transfers other schools have because CMP finds guys who become loyal... Anyway this photo almost had me tear up. I remember when we blew it against Kansas in Robbies last game... I believe to this day he feels almost guilty that great team he was on didn't already do this for Purdue and CMP...

Last edited:
I made a point a couple days ago. We were discussing NIL and if Edey would have come back, left for another program or went to the NBA after last year without the massive payday. The original question was about the transfer market and how many players leave each year... And how we haven't had as big of a hit in that market... Anyway my point was I believe CMP finds guys who not only are good basketball players but good people. This backs that point a bit... I think maybe we wont have the same issue with transfers other schools have because CMP finds guys who become loyal... Anyway this photo almost had me tear up. I remember when we blew it against Kansas in Robbies last game... I believe to this day he feels almost guilty that great team he was on didn't already do this for Purdue and CMP...
Edey himself said the big NIL allowed him to come back. No NIL, no Edey. There's a business aspect to this that Purdue can never forget.

Edey himself said the big NIL allowed him to come back. No NIL, no Edey. There's a business aspect to this that Purdue can never forget.
I'm deleting my original reply. No reason to argue about anything atm. I will just say, saying NIL brought you back doesn't mean he would have left for another college... That's been my point all along...

I'm deleting my original reply. No reason to argue about anything atm. I will just say, saying NIL brought you back doesn't mean he would have left for another college... That's been my point all along...
It means it's important to remember that Purdue has to do the right thing with NIL. "Love" by itself ain't going to cut it.

It means it's important to remember that Purdue has to do the right thing with NIL. "Love" by itself ain't going to cut it.
I completely agree with you. Definitely not saying we shouldn't use NIL... IF we didn't we would become irrelevant over night... I hate NIL but if it is part of the landscape and is something we need to continue provide...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT