ADVERTISEMENT

Follow up and clarification

Boiler.by.birth

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2015
First off, I have no personal vendetta against Brian. I honestly think he’s a great guy and does a remarkable job covering Purdue sports. He’s the best in the business when it comes to Purdue.

My main beefs are when he puts personal bias on things, which in his defense, he does much less than almost all bloggers and internet sports personalities and most sports journalists.

the Carsen Edwards stuff really bothered me because I felt like Brian was just upset because Carsen legitimately didn’t like him. It was what it was and might not have even been justified by Carsen but I felt like it was a disservice to the paying members to inflict bias towards him and basically cover him as a journalist as little as possible. He was one of the most electric and dynamic offensive players Purdue basketball has ever seen.

As far as this recent stuff, Brian has put his own political opinion on social issues on this board. He has every right to do so and that’s fine. I have every right to leave and/or not read/listen, but I enjoy the actual Purdue content too much to go.

The thing I am disappointed about is that I know that Brian prides himself on his journalistic integrity. It’s what sets him apart from the idiots of the sports blogger world and much of the media in today’s world or journalistic hostility and opinion based reporting, and I applaud him in this.

99% of the time, if not more, Brian keeps bias out of his publications. I respect the hell out of that and just want that to continue. Bash me all you want and tell me I’m a hypocrite for stating my own bias but I’m not a board moderator or the journalist here. In my opinion Brian needs to hold himself to higher standards than me, in relation to this board and in his publications.

I seriously love Brian’s work. Keep it up Brian. (Even though you probably won’t see this)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News