ADVERTISEMENT

First Fine is in the news…

Still surprising to me, especially with the way their football coach was in the news but they kept him on.

He beat OSU and made the CFP the last 4 years (maybe 3 years). No real surprise he didn't get canned
The troubles were all prior to those games this season if you remember. They stayed with him and UM’s football team was rewarded. Winning covers all blemishes.

Reactions: tjreese
Still surprising to me, especially with the way their football coach was in the news but they kept him on.
I wonder if he had an ultimatum after Sanderson brush up to turn the season around or get canned. Should have been gone on the spot if he truly had a zero tolerance policy in place.

Reactions: bIhawk
And just last week their AD said Howard’s job was safe and he was coming back. He had to know Michigan was going to lose their first big 10 tournament game.

The troubles were all prior to those games this season if you remember. They stayed with him and UM’s football team was rewarded. Winning covers all blemishes.
As Dakich says: get fired for anything but losing. (Aka the Sampson/Pearl/Miller rule)

Reactions: BoilerAndy
And just last week their AD said Howard’s job was safe and he was coming back. He had to know Michigan was going to lose their first big 10 tournament game.
Their AD is a bloviating fool according to most UM alums. There were rumors a few weeks ago here in Michigan that he was certainly going to be canned after the season. I guess those rumors were true.

…now Howard is. Canned at UM.
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" title="Three 3 Stooges Calling Dr Howard" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: PurdueDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT