ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci

BoilerBF

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Reactions: EdwardElric
Screw him. Now I'm gonna end up having even more people over. And everyone will be fine.

One thing that people continually have trouble with is that they conflate the idea of "following the science" or "believing the science" with the idea that public policy should be simple to figure out. Those two things are very loosely related, if only because public policy is an incredibly complex topic and science is just a simple way of knowing or processing something. You can follow rigorous scientific methods to find information and still completely and utterly muck it up when you try to apply it to something, especially something as complex as public policy.

We will be flying from Hawaii to New England for three weeks for Christmas, and I don't give half a $hit what Fauci or anyone else says about it now or in the next month or two.

Today has been a weird day as the vast majority of my social media accounts are down, and I was banned from Peegs' 247 site this morning. How are you doing, BoilerBF? Hope you've had a good 2021 and are keeping it real out there.

Reactions: Level 42 and ecouch
One thing that people continually have trouble with is that they conflate the idea of "following the science" or "believing the science" with the idea that public policy should be simple to figure out. Those two things are very loosely related, if only because public policy is an incredibly complex topic and science is just a simple way of knowing or processing something. You can follow rigorous scientific methods to find information and still completely and utterly muck it up when you try to apply it to something, especially something as complex as public policy.

We will be flying from Hawaii to New England for three weeks for Christmas, and I don't give half a $hit what Fauci or anyone else says about it now or in the next month or two.

Today has been a weird day as the vast majority of my social media accounts are down, and I was banned from Peegs' 247 site this morning. How are you doing, BoilerBF? Hope you've had a good 2021 and are keeping it real out there.
Welcome back :)

Nailed it. It is hard for people to understand Fauci's position vs. the policy debate. Fauci' goal is zero covid so all of his policy prescriptions will be for zero covid. He said as much. His recent appearance at the Atlantic Festival was very telling.

What, exactly, is the point of offering third shots? Skeptics of large-scale boosting argue that the COVID-19 vaccines were designed to prevent severe hospitalization and death, while third shots seem more likely to offer (temporary) protection against infection and mild disease. In their view, boosting wouldn’t offer any meaningful gains. “I reject that,” Fauci, who serves as Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, said at The Atlantic Festival today. “I think we should be preventing people from getting sick from COVID even if they don’t wind up in the hospital.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...rs-everyone-will-keep-america-healthy/620220/

He thinks this isn't here to stay. He has been wrong about both of the major viruses of his tenure.

Perhaps he doesn't need to be on TV multiple times a day. Because, he is all over the map.

Just to shut down a vector of attack....vaxed, wife vaxed, eligible child vaxed, other child will be vaxed when available. Eligible for booster, will be getting it. Wife isn't - I have wicked asthma. Grandmas vaxed, one boosted. Waiting until a little closer to holidays for other grandma to get a booster. Only uncle and aunt vaxed. We are doing t-give and Christmas.

IF Biden was serious about people getting vaccinated he'd tell Fauci to stay off TV and do no interviews for a couple of months.

Reactions: Level 42

Doing well, excited for bball season to get here. Hopefully you got your $$ worth on whatever caused the Peegs banning. Just means you will have to spend more time around these parts.

Reactions: EdwardElric
I got a picture of it at the time, but there was a dude a few months ago filling up gas in front of me at the gas station with a Cal-Berkeley license plate, a bumper sticker that said "DIVERSITY" using all different religious logos to spell the letters, a bumper sticker that said "I trust science". I have no problem with any of this and they are things I personally care about, but it annoyed me that the entire time he was outside of his car he was wearing a mask. You're outside, dude. You don't need the mask.

That level of political theatre really annoys the hell out of me, lol

I got a picture of it at the time, but there was a dude a few months ago filling up gas in front of me at the gas station with a Cal-Berkeley license plate, a bumper sticker that said "DIVERSITY" using all different religious logos to spell the letters, a bumper sticker that said "I trust science". I have no problem with any of this and they are things I personally care about, but it annoyed me that the entire time he was outside of his car he was wearing a mask. You're outside, dude. You don't need the mask.

That level of political theatre really annoys the hell out of me, lol

That annoys me to no end, especially after the science basically tells you that spread during normal outside activities is extremely low.

The fact that they're likely a good 20+ feet from anyone when filling up the tank makes it even more comical. I hope they were at least driving a Hybrid ...

That annoys me to no end, especially after the science basically tells you that spread during normal outside activities is extremely low.

The fact that they're likely a good 20+ feet from anyone when filling up the tank makes it even more comical. I hope they were at least driving a Hybrid ...
My favorite was the basketball coaches (see Pitino jr), that would take his mask down while screaming in the officials face, then on walk back to the bench put his mask back on.

That and those recommending people put their masks back on in between bites when at restaurant.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT