ADVERTISEMENT

Eyes bleeding already....

Bigohh

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Nice 7-0 start for Rutgers. Hope things change but Purdue looks about as usual under SV on TV.

We were just talking about how few of the women's games have been on TV (like none?) and of course, today's game is--and it's UGLY

Just turned it on..score was tied 51-51.. I thought wow! Then garbage...poor defense on the Rutgers layup, then we miss a close shot, then more garbage. Guess they looked better before I tuned in. Maybe I'm a jinx

PLayed awful most of the game. Rutgers has more bigger and better athletes. But had a real shot and MC and Oden missed key fts and Tos at the end cost us. A middle of the pack BT team at best. I know this may sound stupid, but we have not beaten anyone who is better than us. Beating teams that we are better than. Thus, middle of the pack. This is one of Versyp's better and deeper teams and still can't play near the top of BT. Possibly lost Farquar with major injury. Hope not for her and will certainly hurt Boilers badly.

The announcer said that it is very unusual for a Versyp team to have so many turnovers. Hmmmmmmm!
The common mime of a team battling for a comeback in the last 10 minutes, then once getting close (in this case, tying the score) they collapse exhausted and their opponent coasts to an easy win in the last few minutes.

If the injury to Farquhar is an ACL (as I fear) that will be devastating. She was one of the lynchpins of Purdue’s defense and rebounding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT