ADVERTISEMENT

Ex PB leader sentenced 22 years

more than 1,100 people who have been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

By the numbers: 110 people have been found guilty at trial and about 366 have been sentenced to incarceration in connection to the attack, according to figures from the U.S. Attorney's Office for D.C. through Aug. 4.

• About 632 people have pleaded guilty to federal charges, including many who could face incarceration at sentencing.
  • Of the nearly 1,000 individuals charged with entering or remaining in a restricted federal building or grounds, 104 have been charged with "entering a restricted area with a dangerous or deadly weapon," per the U.S. Attorney's office for D.C.
  • About 140 police officers were assaulted during the Capitol riot.
This doesn't prove anything one way or another. This is just numbers that have no connection to the issue at hand.

Again, the Shaman was found guilty too. Then exculpatory evidence was release and he was immediately set free.

Let's not forget that these cases are being held in D.C. that's 95% Democrat. Most hate Trump. Has to be near impossible for any of these people to find jurors that aren't already tainted.

Reactions: herrli
So you are putting credence in an unnamed “journalist” from an unnamed media source, but discount people who were there and said under oath in court that they committed the crimes they were charged with. Gotcha.

Grandma GIF by BBC

• Haha
And no, the “QAnon Shaman” did not have his sentence overturned or reduced in ANY way.

He was detained upon arrest and started getting credit for time served while detained, and is still serving the last part of his sentence in a halfway house, EXACTLY as per the original conviction sentencing hearing.

So you are putting credence in an unnamed “journalist” from an unnamed media source, over people who were there and said under oath in court that they committed the crimes they were charged with. Gotcha.

Grandma GIF by BBC
Why are you so hell bent on the journalist being unnamed? I'm not hiding who it is. Nor is he. I just didn't share it. His name is Steve Baker.

And no, the “QAnon Shaman” did not have his sentence overturned or reduced in ANY way.

He was detained upon arrest and started getting credit for time served while detained, and is still serving the last part of his sentence in a halfway house, EXACTLY as per the original conviction sentencing hearing.
That's a bullshit cover. I guarantee you that if that footage didn't come out, he'd still be in prison.

This kind of cult-like, conspiracy theory, ‘believe empirically proven lies because of internet speculation’ mindset really saddens me.

Assuming you’re a nice person from a good family, this kind of rabbit hole stuff can have very serious repercussions on your personal relationships, and I hope you work through it and come back to rational society. There are places to get help.

Dm me if you want some suggestions friend.

• Haha
Reactions: indy35 and herrli
This kind of cult-like, conspiracy theory, ‘believe empirically proven lies because of internet speculation’ mindset really saddens me.

Assuming you’re a nice person from a good family, this kind of rabbit hole stuff can have very serious repercussions on your personal relationships, and I hope you work through it and come back to rational society. There are places to get help.

How many times are you guys going to call things we believe in as conspiracy theory's, only for those to end up being true, before you realize that we're not the one's in a cult?

How many times are you guys going to call things we believe in as conspiracy theory's, only for those to end up being true, before you realize that we're not the one's in a cult?
I mean for god’s sake, when shown that your “QAnon Shaman” is still serving the exact sentence he originally received, you still find a way to perform mental gymnastics to try to find an alternate reality.

1) You choose to believe speculation and unsourced reporting from people that weren’t there.

2) Rational people, and thank god our courts, believe direct evidence under oath.

Put starkly, those are your two options.

I mean for god’s sake, when shown that your “QAnon Shaman” is still serving the exact sentence he originally received, you still find a way to perform mental gymnastics to try to find an alternate reality.

1) You choose to believe speculation and unsourced reporting from people that weren’t there.

2) Rational people, and thank god our courts, believe direct evidence under oath.

Put starkly, those are your two options.
We'll see what happens with the Shaman during appeals.

I also believe in direct evidence. I also believe in being fair and honest. It's painfully obvious that's not what's happening when exculpatory video evidence was withheld from defendants.

Last edited:

I also believe in direct evidence. I also believe in being fair and honest. It's painfully obvious that's not what's happening when exculpatory video evidence was withheld from defendants.
And where, pray-tell, is the “DIRECT EVIDENCE” that video evidence was withheld? Not press conferences by defense attorneys, not QAnon Shaman tv opportunities, not unsourced speculation by internet and talking head know-nothings, direct, under oath, exculpatory evidence that was required for production in a court proceeding was withheld.

Waiting for crickets…

Last edited:
  • Haha

By the way, while the “crickets of no-exculpatory evidence” are chirping, since you implored me to “see what happens with Shaman during appeals.”

Wait no longer, his appeal was laughed out of federal court:

WASHINGTON — A federal judge has denied Jacob Chansley’s motion to vacate his guilty plea and sentence in his Capitol riot case, saying in an opinion Thursday that footage aired on Fox News in March was neither new to the defense nor exculpatory.

In a 35-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth, who was nominated to the federal bench in 1987 by former President Ronald Reagan, said Chansley had failed to raise any issues that warranted vacating or altering his 41-month sentence.

I LINKED THE 35 PAGE TAKEDOWN FOR YOU-please read it.

• Haha

I don't need to bother with a DM, you need to seek help on how to deal with people and live in the real world. Many churches have programs during the week you can attend for some help

I don't need to bother with a DM, you need to seek help on how to deal with people and live in the real world. Many churches have programs during the week you can attend for some help
So you’re another one that loves laugh emojis but has no stomach for “under oath evidence.”

Conspiracy theories and internet conspiracy speculation? Count @herrli in!

Under oath direct evidence?.. laugh emoji is your counter. That’s sad and weak. I mean holy crap! Your response to a 35 page Reagan appointee federal judge’s ruling is a mocking message board laugh emoji? Do better.

Last edited:
And where, pray-tell, is the “DIRECT EVIDENCE” that video evidence was withheld? Not press conferences by defense attorneys, not QAnon Shaman tv opportunities, not unsourced speculation by internet and talking head know-nothings, direct, under oath, exculpatory evidence that was required for production in a court proceeding was withheld.

Waiting for crickets…
If the defense attorney was lying, it would be very easy for someone to disprove. Why pray-tell hasn't that happened?

By the way, while the “crickets of no-exculpatory evidence” are chirping, since you implored me to “see what happens with Shaman during appeals.”

Wait no longer, his appeal was laughed out of federal court:

WASHINGTON — A federal judge has denied Jacob Chansley’s motion to vacate his guilty plea and sentence in his Capitol riot case, saying in an opinion Thursday that footage aired on Fox News in March was neither new to the defense nor exculpatory.

In a 35-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth, who was nominated to the federal bench in 1987 by former President Ronald Reagan, said Chansley had failed to raise any issues that warranted vacating or altering his 41-month sentence.

I LINKED THE 35 PAGE TAKEDOWN FOR YOU-please read it.
I haven't read it all yet, but found rather early in there what appeared to be the government stating that they can't possibly know what evidence a defendant wants/needs therefor it's impossible for them to get everything. IE: We aren't going to give you everything.

I didn't realize he pleaded guilty, which may explain why this judge rejected the appeal.

Here's a prime example of the practice of law I was talking about earlier.

"On September 3, 2021, Mr. Chansley pleaded guilty to Count Two, obstruction of an
official proceeding in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1512(c)(2), in exchange for the government's
dismissal of the five other charges then-pending against him
."

They strong armed him into pleading. Otherwise, why would they be so eager to let him off of 5 other charges? Typical bullying of a person into taking a guilty charge to avoid being railroaded, but they get railroaded anyway.

Yes. The prosecutor, or anyone else involved in the case could release the court documents showing that they had the information.
So your standard is (and I paraphrase) the prosecution, after getting a conviction, should have to prove that a defense attorney is lying? Absent that, the sentence should be stayed pending appeal, for someone that is already detained?

Good lord, I hope that’s not what you’re implying.

The alternative is, throw a motion for appeal at the judge while your client is serving the sentence. In this case the judge body slammed that motion and the QAnon Shaman served the entire sentence.

As almost always, the conspiracy theory was speculative and complicated, but the reality was not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT