ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone not named Carsen Edwards...

Bulldog6969

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2018
Ryan Cline's House
Should be ashamed of themselves. What a terrible loss while letting that terrible Texas offense score over 70 pts. I used to say we needed 5 clines but I think we need 5 Carsens instead. I will have to have a talk with Ryan about his ice cold night from 3, but we will hopefully get back on track. Alright, time to go wallow in my sorrow for the rest of the night :(

I would say it was not Ryan's best game, but Wheeler did not have a good game either. He was blocked several times In the paint, turned the ball over, missed rebounds, etc. he will have better games I'm sure.

I would say it was not Ryan's best game, but Wheeler did not have a good game either. He was blocked several times In the paint, turned the ball over, missed rebounds, etc. he will have better games I'm sure.
Cline’s a senior starter and hasn’t hit a 3 pt shot in almost 2 games. You weight that more than a RS Freshman who is still learning.

It doesnt help Cline that other offenses can key in on him and Carsen. Cline is probably better than he appears because of this. If we had 4 offensive options he would be far more efficient.

Should be ashamed of themselves. What a terrible loss while letting that terrible Texas offense score over 70 pts. I used to say we needed 5 clines but I think we need 5 Carsens instead. I will have to have a talk with Ryan about his ice cold night from 3, but we will hopefully get back on track. Alright, time to go wallow in my sorrow for the rest of the night :(

If you admit to saying we needed 5 Clines, then how can we accept anything else you say ever?

I'll go one step further. Let Carsen try to go crazy on his own and just make sure Cline never gets a clean look. Any team with reasonable athletes will win. We have no one else to put up points.

No secret on how to beat Purdue until Eastern, Haarms, SS and Wheeler emerge as more consistent threats. CMP has got to get these 4 going on a constant basis.....

Purdue as a 1 man team is fairly easy to defend.....CE will get his, some nights more efficiently than others.......and you lock everyone else down paying close attention to Cline.......and that is a decent start in beating Purdue.

It doesnt help Cline that other offenses can key in on him and Carsen. Cline is probably better than he appears because of this. If we had 4 offensive options he would be far more efficient.

You don't really need to double team Cline. Just put a longer athletic defender on him and he doesn't get clean looks. Then you double team Carsen by playing off of either Eastern or Eifert. Purdue doesnt run any back door cuts and few pick and rolls. We just like to "weave" at the top of the key with screens, so it's really pretty simple. If there was any creativity at all with our offense, it might be a different story.

You don't really need to double team Cline. Just put a longer athletic defender on him and he doesn't get clean looks. Then you double team Carsen by playing off of either Eastern or Eifert. Purdue doesnt run any back door cuts and few pick and rolls. We just like to "weave" at the top of the key with screens, so it's really pretty simple. If there was any creativity at all with our offense, it might be a different story.

Double team Cline?? Don't think any D1 coach is that stupid....did someone mention teams should do that? Cline might be the easiest to guard in the B1G most nights it is not like he hustles to get open.

Not yet. That is for sure.
Time will tell if we can develop one or two more in this season.

Boiler Up!!
We're already a third done with the season. While it could happen it's not likely. Painter coached teams have never been known to come on strong late in the season.

We're already a third done with the season. While it could happen it's not likely. Painter coached teams have never been known to come on strong late in the season.

Never say Never. Who we have in our team can click faster than one might think. Our competitions were tougher last few games, but we could have been 4-1, instead of 1-4.

I would not give up on this team, yet.

Boiler Up!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT