ADVERTISEMENT

Even if we did loose Brohm to Louisville

Nov 26, 2016
Walkerton,Indiana
Which i don`t want. Could you imagine if MBob went out and found a better coach then even Brohm. That took over the program and turned around what Brohm started. But on UofL side,Brohm couldn`t get it done soon enough, and they ran him out of town. Just a thought to ponder.

While I do not want Brohm to leave as I feel he represents Purdue extremely well, there is no doubt that the UofL fanbase would eat him alive eventually. Just look at Harbaugh at UM right now, coaching for your alma mater rarely ends well.

Louisville is waiting too long if they are waiting on Brohm. Their 2019 recruiting class is dissolving, and future recruits are being already approached and secured by rival schools. The better coaching candidates are being sucked up by other schools with openings, while L'ville pursues their unicorn. In the end, their fans will see this as a terribly botched job.

Louisville is waiting too long if they are waiting on Brohm. Their 2019 recruiting class is dissolving, and future recruits are being already approached and secured by rival schools. The better coaching candidates are being sucked up by other schools with openings, while L'ville pursues their unicorn. In the end, their fans will see this as a terribly botched job.
Yeah It is looking that way. They really need a coach right now to provide confidence to recruits and their current players. Brohm is playing his hand beautifully, I would be shocked if he left for that program right now. The sheer fact that he is on the road right now recruiting for Purdue is a sign that he isn't leaving.

Yeah It is looking that way. They really need a coach right now to provide confidence to recruits and their current players. Brohm is playing his hand beautifully, I would be shocked if he left for that program right now. The sheer fact that he is on the road right now recruiting for Purdue is a sign that he isn't leaving.
Louisville should have moved on more quickly. They need to make this hire yesterday to preserve any part of their incoming class. With the other coaching vacancies, the better candidates are dropping off the board quickly to Louisville's disadvantage.

Now I understand Brohm doing a soft shoe around this because he doesn't want to offend the UL folks in any way. He may very well want to coach there at some point in his life. However, I think he needs to find success at Purdue, then coach in the NFL. After an NFL stint, I could see him doing a retire in place, let-the-assistant-coaches-do-the-work role in Louisville football.

Moving to Louisville right now would set back that career timeline by 4-5 years. By then he might be too old to get into the NFL as a "bright young coach".

Louisville should have moved on more quickly. They need to make this hire yesterday to preserve any part of their incoming class. With the other coaching vacancies, the better candidates are dropping off the board quickly to Louisville's disadvantage.

Now I understand Brohm doing a soft shoe around this because he doesn't want to offend the UL folks in any way. He may very well want to coach there at some point in his life. However, I think he needs to find success at Purdue, then coach in the NFL. After an NFL stint, I could see him doing a retire in place, let-the-assistant-coaches-do-the-work role in Louisville football.

Moving to Louisville right now would set back that career timeline by 4-5 years. By then he might be too old to get into the NFL as a "bright young coach".

This makes a ton of sense. I’m still very nervous.

Which i don`t want. Could you imagine if MBob went out and found a better coach then even Brohm. That took over the program and turned around what Brohm started. But on UofL side,Brohm couldn`t get it done soon enough, and they ran him out of town. Just a thought to ponder.
I think Mbob has been preparing for the last 3 weeks if Brohm should leave.
Don't know who his second choice was behind Brohm but maybe he is in play.
Also, the football program is in a lot better shape than how Haze left it. Should be more attractive to candidates.

Reactions: Michael6969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT