ADVERTISEMENT

Essegian to portal

Wonder how many FAU guys Dusty brings over. Davis, Martin and Vlad all have another year left….so it’d be interesting if they all come over and he adds some pieces like the two you mentioned plus a few more, what Michigan may look like next year.

Davis is going to command a major NIL packages wherever he goes. But yes, if it's done right Michigan could bounce back quickly. Not sure how many spots M has available? They might not be sure either.

And there it is - Storr is in the portal and NBA draft. Rumors been running for a month before the season was over.

• Sad
Reactions: Boiler Buck
For discussion. Let's assume Storr can go about anywhere he wants to. What do you think he's looking for specifically. Let's assume NIL is a given ... what else? What does a player like him prioritize? After WI - I'd prioritize weather LOL

For discussion. Let's assume Storr can go about anywhere he wants to. What do you think he's looking for specifically. Let's assume NIL is a given ... what else? What does a player like him prioritize? After WI - I'd prioritize weather LOL
Crystal ball saying IL. I think there’s definitely mutual interest. I think he wants to play wide open with lots of opportunities for iso

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Starting minutes and chance to win championships (conference and NCAA). Probably uptempo offense to showcase your skillset. Looking at ability to get him to the NBA - Illinois can show Ayo plus TSJ.

Wow…Griffiths aka Harry Potter from Rutgers and Payne from Minny in portal.

Both are very good players. Amazing that programs cannot keep players whom they scouted in HS for years, and talked them into coming to their program. Just when they start to get good.......a few phone calls about cash opportunities......and off they go......sad state of affairs. Eventually, will hit Purdue. Just when we love these guys potential and see it start to blossom.....gone. ☹️

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Both are very good players. Amazing that programs cannot keep players whom they scouted in HS for years, and talked them into coming to their program. Just when they start to get good.......a few phone calls about cash opportunities......and off they go......sad state of affairs. Eventually, will hit Purdue. Just when we love these guys potential and see it start to blossom.....gone. ☹️
Griffith apparently wanted more playing time…even tho he got more than he should have Rutgers. Payne apparently was being reached out to midway through the season 😳

Griffith apparently wanted more playing time…even tho he got more than he should have Rutgers. Payne apparently was being reached out to midway through the season 😳
Makes me wonder which Purdue players & by who are being courted already or even now as we play in the tourney. Sad.

Comes with the territory and just the way it's headed, but Pikiell has to be more than a little frustrated. Mulcahy and Spencer bolt after last season. Now, he has two of the top recruits coming in (Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper) with a top-5 class, and Cliff Omoruyi, Mawot Mag, and Gavin Griffiths (another 4*/5* recruit) enter the portal.

Some clichés ring true......be careful what you wish for, NCAA - and, The grass isn't always greener......but STAY OFF MINE ANYWAY!

dana-carvey-grumpy-old-man.gif

Last edited:
Makes me wonder which Purdue players & by who are being courted already or even now as we play in the tourney. Sad.
Exactly why out staff constantly reinforces the FAMILY!!!... Exactly why Zach came back ... why Mason had tears on Sr. night.

Exactly why out staff constantly reinforces the FAMILY!!!... Exactly why Zach came back ... why Mason had tears on Sr. night.

I imagine a few other programs talk family too and have good family player environments. Still players leave for multiple reasons. We will have at least one leave this year as you know.

I imagine a few other programs talk family too and have good family player environments. Still players leave for multiple reasons. We will have at least one leave this year as you know.
Yeah, bummer. I am more curious than normal to see who. A lot of interwoven dynamics this year. I wonder if Martin goes to play for his dad.

It’s gotta be the girls. If Illinois is in play, maybe Shannon will be his chaperone to close the deal. ;)

• Wow
We could only recruit legacy players. :cool:

That sounds like the definition of poaching. But if a businessman tells a player at another school that he would love to have him sponsor his car dealeraship, if only he lived in that dealership's city, what can the NCAA do? Free market.

He started as a freshman. He was beaten out of his starting role this year. So rather than improving his game, he just enters his name in the portal and leaves.

Welcome to the current NCAA.

Reactions: PurdueDave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT