ADVERTISEMENT

Eddy Wilson

I thought he got signed recently by the Bengals. No clue if he has a shot to make it though.

Even on the practice squad, he is making more than 99% of the graduates their first year out of Purdue. There were some on the messageboard that stubbornly insisted he had no future in the NFL. Eddy Wilson knew what was best for him, and this could very well have been it. He sure has the potential to be a contributor.

Even on the practice squad, he is making more than 99% of the graduates their first year out of Purdue. There were some on the messageboard that stubbornly insisted he had no future in the NFL. Eddy Wilson knew what was best for him, and this could very well have been it. He sure has the potential to be a contributor.

are you aware how many highly-paid athletes have financial problems?

His income is irrelevant.

are you aware how many highly-paid athletes have financial problems?

His income is irrelevant.
Are you aware of how many highly indebted graduates have financial problems?

Bad financial habits are relevant to all financial problems.

Are you aware of how many highly indebted graduates have financial problems?

Bad financial habits are relevant to all financial problems.

Uh, ... they don't make hundreds of thousands . . . and sometimes MILLIONS, and have nothing to show for it.

This is a horrible problem for people who have lots and LOTS of money shoved at them all at once.

Please don't minimize or rationalize it. It's a problem.

Uh, ... they don't make hundreds of thousands . . . and sometimes MILLIONS, and have nothing to show for it.

This is a horrible problem for people who have lots and LOTS of money shoved at them all at once.

Please don't minimize or rationalize it. It's a problem.

It is a common issue with NFL players, but I don't understand how that should be any way discourage him from pursuing a career that will pay him several times more than what he would have made if he stayed a year and received a degree. And I don't think it is fair to imply he would fall in this bad habit. Would you say the same about Isaac Haas if he left a year early?

The NFL also has benefits for players. If he can get 3 years in, he gets good healthcare for him and his family for 5 years after he retires and will have time to develop his second career with his benefits and hopefully saved income. There is also a pension component. All I am is saying is he could very well be better off financially making the decision he did and has the potential to have a solid NFL career.

There are so few many athletes that last longer than 3 to 4 years in the league. Wish him the best.

Loved seeing Bentley have that fumble TD recovery last night!

It is a common issue with NFL players, but I don't understand how that should be any way discourage him from pursuing a career that will pay him several times more than what he would have made if he stayed a year and received a degree. And I don't think it is fair to imply he would fall in this bad habit. Would you say the same about Isaac Haas if he left a year early?

The NFL also has benefits for players. If he can get 3 years in, he gets good healthcare for him and his family for 5 years after he retires and will have time to develop his second career with his benefits and hopefully saved income. There is also a pension component. All I am is saying is he could very well be better off financially making the decision he did and has the potential to have a solid NFL career.

??

I don't know why it would/should in any way discourage him, either.
?

My post had nothing to do with discouraging him. That wasn't the point of my post.

Well then I guess I am not sure what your intentions were.

I responded to your post:

I wasn't looking to pick a fight. My point was, and continues to be, what money he'll make (in a likely short period of time) didn't seem to be relevant, and, it's completely irrelevant to what others make.

Professional athletes who come into a lot of money quickly have a poor track record of keeping hold of that money. That's not just limited to pro athletes. Lottery winners have a horrendous track record, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT