ADVERTISEMENT

Does Brohm want to get fired?

We are behind in the fourth quarter. Our playmakers, Bell and Moore are ready to catch the game winner... we run three times before punting. WTF?
Hard to get your play makers involved when your QB sucks and can't get them the ball in the first place.

Hard to get your play makers involved when your QB sucks and can't get them the ball in the first place.
I am certain Plummer didn’t forget how to throw a pass. Our receivers are not getting open. That’s on the coach and the game plan. This is a terrible situation.

Even during the first half, he seldom used Moore and Bell.
He’s living proof that you don’t reward a coach with a big contract after one okay year.
When you have a QB that doesn't pan out and gets beat by a walk on, your options are limited.

I am certain Plummer didn’t forget how to throw a pass. Our receivers are not getting open. That’s on the coach and the game plan. This is a terrible situation.
The offensive and defensive lines looked like silly putty in the second half. Not much you can do when the boys up front are over matched. It’s going to take a few more years to fix this.

The offensive and defensive lines looked like silly putty in the second half. Not much you can do when the boys up front are over matched. It’s going to take a few more years to fix this.
Nope. No more excuses. Schiano had less than a year to do this. Did he have better recruiting? No...

You know whats ironic, we seemed to be playing better before Rondale came back. No I am not putting any of this on Rondale, it just seems rather ironic to me.

Losing probably our most critical player on D during the game clearly took the wind out of the entire team. Not an excuse, just an observation.

O'connell may not have the mobility Plummer does but as I have said before, I sure would like to see what he can do with all the same weapons.

Everyone should be clear though, that with how off this year has been because of COVID, no one is getting fired from Purdue in the offseason.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Neal hasn't done anything to improve his draft stock for sure.

Nope. No more excuses. Schiano had less than a year to do this. Did he have better recruiting? No...
In fairness, Brohm had a better record than Schiano in his first year. Transfers can plug a lot of holes, but eventually to have a healthy sustainable program you have to grow your talent. Jury is still out on that one.

You know whats ironic, we seemed to be playing better before Rondale came back. No I am not putting any of this on Rondale, it just seems rather ironic to me.

Losing probably our most critical player on D during the game clearly took the wind out of the entire team. Not an excuse, just an observation.

O'connell may not have the mobility Plummer does but as I have said before, I sure would like to see what he can do with all the same weapons.

Everyone should be clear though, that with how off this year has been because of COVID, no one is getting fired from Purdue in the offseason.
I tend to agree with you, but thought (hoping) this thing would be further along than it is. I forgot who posted it but somebody on the board said I want the close losses to turn into close wins. It is the obvious next step this team has to take. A few better decisions, better balls by Plummer, Barnes not getting ejected, and yet again special teams made the difference. This team is close, but it is a game of inches and this team just seems to come up on the wrong side of the measuring tape more times than not.

It's because we have shit coaching.
maybe, but it's a weak physical team esp on D. That's on the kids in the off season to get bigger and stronger. Sullivan looks like a BBall player in pads, Alexsander looks lean for a LB , Johnson seems weak.

Reactions: BBG
Neal hasn't done anything to improve his draft stock for sure.
He's too busy running his f'ing mouth than working on anything. He got stood up so many times tonight by a low 3 star RS Freshman center, he should be embarrassed. Pathetic...

Even during the first half, he seldom used Moore and Bell.
He’s living proof that you don’t reward a coach with a big contract after one okay year.
Well said!!! team has regressed every year!! LOL!! Best year was with Hazzs recruits...... now tats really saying someting...

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
maybe, but it's a weak physical team esp on D. That's on the kids in the off season to get bigger and stronger. Sullivan looks like a BBall player in pads, Alexsander looks lean for a LB , Johnson seems weak.
Really? You're going to put ALL that on the players and not on the staff getting paid millions of dollars to ensure our players in peak physical shape to compete? This is not the first Brohm Boiler team to take a beating at the hands of a more physical team. This is a staff problem.

Reactions: purduepat1969
there is nothing, and I mean nothing, more frustrating than being a Purdue sports fan.

Try living in NJ as a Rutgers fan! We got you beat. We watch tons of HS basketball and football players from NJ crush is every year wearing different jerseys.

Really? You're going to put ALL that on the players and not on the staff getting paid millions of dollars to ensure our players in peak physical shape to compete? This is not the first Brohm Boiler team to take a beating at the hands of a more physical team. This is a staff problem.
This is absolutely a staff/coaching problem. Secondary looks like hot garbage and continues to regress. Defensive line has ZERO excuses for being this bad even without GK. Our special teams are completely incompetent. When was the last time we returned a kick for a touchdown?

This is absolutely a staff/coaching problem. Secondary looks like hot garbage and continues to regress. Defensive line has ZERO excuses for being this bad even without GK. Our special teams are completely incompetent. When was the last time we returned a kick for a touchdown?
Not to mention the so called speed we have been recruiting the past couple years.....

Reactions: NVboiler
didn't say All, just meant they are responsible too, got the new training facility, make use of it. Too much of a finese team team and not physical enough.

This group in place right now is not fixing it, even in "a few more years"...four years in and they have not come close to fixing it.

This topic came up some time ago...namely, after year one when Purdue graduated much of the OL and never addressed the matter as if it came as a shock to them when it happened.

Save Karlaftis, they have not recruited anyone that is a difference-maker at any position on the defensive side of the ball, and, whereas initially Brohm seemed to have an advantage with what he called and ran offensively, that has vanished...the only one confused now is him, by his own calls.

Purdue called timeout today...wasted a timeout actually, on a crucial 3rd down and then came out and ran a garbage play that would not have even worked had the awful past not been just that...and that has happened multiple times this year.

Today was just bad in every way...but, there have been signs all season actually...it just culminated with an epic fail today in about every way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT