ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else think..

Boiler_HD

True Freshman
Oct 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
That Stephens on Dunham is a good matchup for us defensively. Hear me out here, Stephens defense has improved dramatically, allowing Ray to slide to another position. Call me crazy but I think it could work great for us.

That is all.

Boiler Up my friends.

Might work. KS has great length. That said, I haven't watch Butler to know how fast Dunham is and if that would be a tough matchup for KS.

That Stephens on Dunham is a good matchup for us defensively. Hear me out here, Stephens defense has improved dramatically, allowing Ray to slide to another position. Call me crazy but I think it could work great for us.

That is all.

Boiler Up my friends.
I tend to agree. When Stephens is in the game, I'd much rather see him guarding Dunham than Jones or even Martin. His length allows him to bother shooters.

Davis, on the other hand, would be a good option to guard any of the three.

That is all.

Boiler Up my friends.
I expect kendall to guard him some

Might work. KS has great length. That said, I haven't watch Butler to know how fast Dunham is and if that would be a tough matchup for KS.

Not sure how fast he is, but he has some range. He added an in-between game last year and wants to get to the line. he is good in getting you off your feet as he is 6'6" and tehn lunging into you to draw teh foul. Refs just talk about verticality, not watch for it. He also does some flopping. Make him work using fresh bodies...make him defend...no easy looks and and don't get caught in the air defending him. If he guards Davis I hope Davis drives making him defend and pull help so the Purdue bigs can get the boards. I would like his energy used defending instead of offense...

Can Butler stay with Purdue by losing Dunham? is there a single player Purdue couldn't lose and still be in a position to win?

Reactions: punaj
I tend to agree. When Stephens is in the game, I'd much rather see him guarding Dunham than Jones or even Martin. His length allows him to bother shooters.

Davis, on the other hand, would be a good option to guard any of the three.

Agree, though I think we have the length to switch on screens, so we will see different guys guarding their top scorers in order to minimize defensive breakdowns as a team. To me, Martin is as or more impressive than Dunham, and considering Martin's physical strength I would like to see Ray on him when he is in the game. Stephens on Dunham makes sense in that context.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT