ADVERTISEMENT

Does 2 years separation affect Hunter Johnson?

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Bryce Kirtz to NW for the 2019 class. Don't want to imply that Kirtz is following Johnson, but it seems strange that his announcement came 1st.

I'm more concerned that Duke has become a major player for Johnson's services now. If he does not announce by this weekend, I suspect playing for David Cutcliffe against teams he is more familiar with in ACC might be the more attractive option. Duke has little competition coming back at QB, so I think its down to PU or Duke.

Would an elite QB in his right mind ever voluntarily want to play in Ryan Field in late Oct or Nov? Even Hunter would be challenged by 25-30mph winds coming in off the lake and having to start at his own 5 yd line from southend of stadium.

I'd rather play in Lambeau in late Dec...…...Also Duke DESTROYED NW last year -real embarrassment --41-17 was not as close as score suggests
If he's afraid of competition then go elsewhere. If Johnson is not confident in his abilities, then Purdue shouldn't be either.

Reactions: Inspector100
Mr Kirtz and Johnson played one season together. I don’t remember being all that close with anyone that far behind me in school back in the day.

How well would they really know each other?

If he's afraid of competition then go elsewhere. If Johnson is not confident in his abilities, then Purdue shouldn't be either.
Well, he signed with Clemson, along with a bunch of other 4 and 5 star QBs, so I doubt he’s afraid of competition...he just has to get it right this time.

Well, he signed with Clemson, along with a bunch of other 4 and 5 star QBs, so I doubt he’s afraid of competition...he just has to get it right this time.
What you say is true, I was responding to the difference between Purdue and Duke. If he picks Duke there will be a small amount of competition; where here at Purdue, the reality is the position won't be handed over as the competition will be stiff since Plummer is pretty good.

What you say is true, I was responding to the difference between Purdue and Duke. If he picks Duke there will be a small amount of competition; where here at Purdue, the reality is the position won't be handed over as the competition will be stiff since Plummer is pretty good.
Hunter Johnson isn’t turning down Purdue because of competition from Plummer

I'm more concerned that Duke has become a major player for Johnson's services now. If he does not announce by this weekend, I suspect playing for David Cutcliffe against teams he is more familiar with in ACC might be the more attractive option. Duke has little competition coming back at QB, so I think its down to PU or Duke.

Would an elite QB in his right mind ever voluntarily want to play in Ryan Field in late Oct or Nov? Even Hunter would be challenged by 25-30mph winds coming in off the lake and having to start at his own 5 yd line from southend of stadium.

I'd rather play in Lambeau in late Dec...…...Also Duke DESTROYED NW last year -real embarrassment --41-17 was not as close as score suggests

lol.

Yes the Duke loss was a brutal one for NU last year, but NU then proceeded to win 9 of its next 11 games, losing only to Wisconsin and Penn State, which were a combined 24-3. Ended the season ranked No. 17 in the country.

Duke, on the other hand, lost six straight games and had to stumble into the Quick Lane Bowl. One game does not a season make...but nevertheless I'd agree that Duke is a player for Hunter.

As for the initial question posted here, yes, Johnson and Kirtz have played together. This from an informed poster on another site:

Kirtz was actually Johnson’s #1 target his senior year of HS. Kirtz caught 52 passes for 831 yards and 11 touchdowns (out of Johnson’s 25 total). Incidentally Kirtz also threw a touchdown pass which gives him bragging rights for highest QBR on the team. They definitely know each other. Whether they’re besties, who knows.

Reactions: Frankie611
lol.

Yes the Duke loss was a brutal one for NU last year, but NU then proceeded to win 9 of its next 11 games, losing only to Wisconsin and Penn State, which were a combined 24-3. Ended the season ranked No. 17 in the country.

Duke, on the other hand, lost six straight games and had to stumble into the Quick Lane Bowl. One game does not a season make...but nevertheless I'd agree that Duke is a player for Hunter.

As for the initial question posted here, yes, Johnson and Kirtz have played together. This from an informed poster on another site:

Kirtz was actually Johnson’s #1 target his senior year of HS. Kirtz caught 52 passes for 831 yards and 11 touchdowns (out of Johnson’s 25 total). Incidentally Kirtz also threw a touchdown pass which gives him bragging rights for highest QBR on the team. They definitely know each other. Whether they’re besties, who knows.

NW fans are trying too hard.

when they have to convince internet forums of their relevance and the chances they have of a transferring player, they're doing it wrong.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
NW fans are trying too hard.

when they have to convince internet forums of their relevance and the chances they have of a transferring player, they're doing it wrong.

Just trying to have a decent conversation about a big-time transfer whose process is being kept very secretive, but maybe I was expecting too much?

Reactions: Purdue85
Uh, in case you haven't kept up, this forum has been infested with NW @ssholes.

Carry the torch, or not. Your call.

in all fairness, we have a few of our own. I could name names, but the list would be too long, and I'm on their ignore anyway.

okay, since you're being so gracious, yes we do. But, they're on OUR forum.

Unless you're monitoring NW's forum, it's a world of difference.

I don't visit other team's forums much anymore. the last time I did, I read a bunch of fans dissing Haas for the way he committed to their team, and then back doored signed with Purdue. They were not a happy bunch that day.

I also posted on the IU forum once last year and asked about some good places to eat when visiting IU. Contrary to what this forum says about IU fans, they were gracious and also insightful about restaurants in Bloomington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT