ADVERTISEMENT

Dispelling many of the lies told about Trump

Were they confederate?

I could be wrong, but recalling my study of history....

Missouri & KY....border states with divided loyalties. Part of KY even filed a resolution to join Confederate.

TN.... Confederate. Never a northern state.

I could be wrong, but recalling my study of history....

Missouri & KY....border states with divided loyalties. Part of KY even filed a resolution to join Confederate.

TN.... Confederate. Never a northern state.
Yeah I just looked it up. Tennessee was indeed a confederate state.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You don't know? Or intentionally spreading a falsehood?
If I was intentionally spreading a falsehood, I would not have corrected myself. I may be wrong from time to time but I do not intentionally spread false information.

Perhaps it’s a matter of semantics. The Emancipation Proclamation was just a military document that allowed the slaves in the south, the states you mentioned to go fight for the Union army. They needed more soldiers to fight the confederate army. The Emancipation Proclamation did not free any slaves in the northern states like Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc.
The vast majority it freed as the war progressed - hundreds of thousands - were women and children, not potential soldiers. Don't blame your confusion on 'high school history' class.

The vast majority it freed as the war progressed - hundreds of thousands - were women and children, not potential soldiers. Don't blame your confusion on 'high school history' class.
The point is that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free the slaves in the northern states. It did not end slavery.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT