ADVERTISEMENT

Directions of Purdue and IU

DPUboiler

All-American
May 29, 2001
I've never really left the Brohm bandwagon, as many of you have read on here my posts discussing the state of what was inherited and the incremental progress we have made, with looks at past recruiting classes and the upward trajectory of the program. Similarly, I've always felt Tom Allen was overrated. It's interesting that in the same time frame, Purdue has beaten 10 teams finishing with winning records, while IU has only beaten 3 teams with winning records.

In 2017, we finished 7-6. 4 of our wins were over teams above .500: Ohio, Missouri, Iowa, and Arizona.

In 2018, we finished 6-7, and 3 of our wins were over teams above .500: BC, OSU, and Iowa.

In 2019 and 2020, I've written how injuries and COVID should be an asterisk. Indeed, in 2019, all our wins were to teams under .500, and in 2020, only Iowa was over .500.

This year, so far both our wins over Oregon State and Iowa had .500 winning records. None of our losses have been to teams under .500.

Meanwhile, you might be interested to know just how futile IU's wins have been during the Tom Allen tenure.

In 2017, IU went 5-7, with 0 wins over .500 teams.
In 2018, IU went 5-7 again, with wins only 2 wins over .500 teams, FIU and UVA.
In 2019, when IU "turned the corner" with an 8-5 record, they did not beat a single team with a .500 record.
In 2020, when IU thought they were good, and finished 6-2, their only win that qualifies is over Wisconsin, which finished 4-3.
And of course this year, with IU currently 2-6, they have not beat a team with a winning record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News