ADVERTISEMENT

Different QB's, different ways to catch?

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
From the cheap seats and peanut gallery, Blough has a better touch on his throws while Elijah throws bullets with heat. WR's and TE's are supposed to catch everything, but if you're getting more time with one than the other and that's what you're learning/expecting the catch, is that what's making the dropsies so frequent?

From the cheap seats and peanut gallery, Blough has a better touch on his throws while Elijah throws bullets with heat. WR's and TE's are supposed to catch everything, but if you're getting more time with one than the other and that's what you're learning/expecting the catch, is that what's making the dropsies so frequent?

No. Who's throwing the ball has nothing to do with it.
It's a combination of receivers not getting open, QB not putting the ball where it needs to be, but most of all, it's just a simple matter of most of our WRs not being as talented as a lot of other guys. As a WR, you have to catch 9 out of every 10 catchable balls, not 6 or 7 out of 10.

What does Purdue have to lose with playing different receivers??
I would agree! Zico supposedly had bad hands! They can't be any worse! Holmes was said to need more time to study the play book! Times up! That's just an excuse now! Maybe Hamilton needs to give uphisred shirt status! I do not equate dropping the ball with a lack of talent! Maybe it is! Maybe we need to recruit receivers known for their ability to catch the ball rather than for their speed or things they can do after the catch.

I would agree! Zico supposedly had bad hands! They can't be any worse! Holmes was said to need more time to study the play book! Times up! That's just an excuse now! Maybe Hamilton needs to give uphisred shirt status! I do not equate dropping the ball with a lack of talent! Maybe it is! Maybe we need to recruit receivers known for their ability to catch the ball rather than for their speed or things they can do after the catch.
In the case with Holmes, we are 7 weeks in and he has had “issues learning the playbook”, there seems to be a little more than that that they are not speaking about(just my opinion), I will not speculate, but a kid from ND can’t see the field with a mediocre group in front of him? Brohm will get it figured out I hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT