ADVERTISEMENT

did anyone see the cheap shot K. Short put on....

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
Drew?

KawannShortBrees2

Last edited:
I did. Had him bleeding out of his face after that.

Drew got up and led his team to the win. What a bad ass.

Does any QB play as close to god-like as Drew just to keep his team competitive? Their defense might be worse than Purdue's.

Does any QB play as close to god-like as Drew just to keep his team competitive? Their defense might be worse than Purdue's.
I feel sorry for him. On a normal NFL team, if you average 30+ ppg, you might go undefeated. In NO, you don't even make the playoffs. He deserves better as his career winds down.

Reactions: pboiler18
I feel sorry for him. On a normal NFL team, if you average 30+ ppg, you might go undefeated. In NO, you don't even make the playoffs. He deserves better as his career winds down.

IIRC, yesterday's performance (400+yd passing game) put him ahead of Peyton Manning atop the NFL records list for 400+yd passing games in regular season (15). In addition, DB joined the exclusive list of 50,000+ yds passing for a career (EDIT (courtesy of BF#35): with a single team). Others on the list.....Manning, Favre, Marino, Elway, and Brady. Not bad company.

It's unfortunately been downhill after 2011.....Saints had a really good chance that year. If the divisional game with the 49ers had gone the other way......could have hosted the Giants, and the Saints were virtually unstoppable at home that year. Would have been really interesting with a Brees (Saints)/Brady (Patriots) SB match-up. Alas, the world will never know.

Last edited:
If Drew plays for 2-3 more years, I believe he could end up the all time passing yards leader. He is less that 10,000 yards behind Peyton right now and he has had multiple 5000+ seasons. I for one and routing for him to be #1!

If Drew plays for 2-3 more years, I believe he could end up the all time passing yards leader. He is less that 10,000 yards behind Peyton right now and he has had multiple 5000+ seasons. I for one and routing for him to be #1!
He trade another SB ring or two for all of those individual stats, though.

Reactions: punaj
He trade another SB ring or two for all of those individual stats, though.

Yes, I'm sure he would. That said, I'm just happy he got the one... it's hard enough to do that in the NFL. And if they can't put a team around him, it sure would be nice that the all time NFL passing leader was a Boilermaker.

Yes, I'm sure he would. That said, I'm just happy he got the one... it's hard enough to do that in the NFL. And if they can't put a team around him, it sure would be nice that the all time NFL passing leader was a Boilermaker.

Agreed. Also...... all-time Super Bowl winning QB's representation.....I think Purdue is tied for first with Alabama.

Purdue

Dawson (KC Chiefs, SB IV (with Hank Stram))
Griese (Miami Dolphins, SB VII, VIII)
Brees (N.O. Saints, SB XLIV)

Alabama

Starr (GB Packers, SB I, II)
Namath (NY Jets, SB III)
Stabler (Oakland Raiders, SB XI)

Agreed. Looks like Brady is only 4k behind Brees, so I sure hope Drew plays longer than Tawmy.

IIRC, yesterday's performance (400+yd passing game) put him ahead of Peyton Manning atop the NFL records list for 400+yd passing games in regular season (15). In addition, DB joined the exclusive list of 50,000+ yds passing for a career. Others on the list.....Manning, Favre, Marino, Elway, and Brady. Not bad company.

It's unfortunately been downhill after 2011.....Saints had a really good chance that year. If the divisional game with the 49ers had gone the other way......could have hosted the Giants, and the Saints were virtually unstoppable at home that year. Would have been really interesting with a Brees (Saints)/Brady (Patriots) SB match-up. Alas, the world will never know.
You misinterpreted the 50k stat. That was just with the Saints. He has about another 11k passing yds with the Chargers.

They won the Super Bowl the only time they had a defense finish in the top half of the league while Brees has been there.

That's very telling to me. Now just imagine how many rings he'd have if they even had an AVERAGE defense!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT