ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco should be arrested at halftime...

DAG10

All-American
Nov 2, 2018
As that guy is flat stealing $$$ from Purdue at this point.

Nick Holt is a genius relative to his successor.

This is yet another abysmal game in almost every way...how is it possible to get your best/most explosive player back and somehow be worse?

Special teams are brutal as well...

Last edited:

This is yet another abysmal game in almost every way...how is it possible to get your best/most explosive player back and somehow be worse?

It was never about getting Rondale back. He's looked great. But coaching is holding this team back.

it's like pro ball, these coaches just get recycled.

It was never about getting Rondale back. He's looked great. But coaching is holding this team back.
How does Bell go from arguably the best WR in the B1G to the invisible man when you add Moore, who immediately becomes the focus of the opposing defense?

Play calling going back to the Illinois game has been awful...more so given the reputation Brohm has, or, had.

It was the difference in last week's game, and, has been poor again tonight unfortunately.

Did you not watch the Minnesota game last year? It was the same

How does Bell go from arguably the best WR in the B1G to the invisible man when you add Moore, who immediately becomes the focus of the opposing defense?

Play calling going back to the Illinois game has been awful...more so given the reputation Brohm has, or, had.

It was the difference in last week's game, and, has been poor again tonight unfortunately.
I'm not sure what's going on with Brohm. Maybe it's COVID. I don't know. But his behavior has been questionable on discussing injuries. His play calling has been horrible. And we continue to play guys with questionable ceilings. Plummer has been a breath of fresh air tonight. But he needs to start really looking internally at his personal performance.

Reactions: DAG10

You forgot how bad the O-line looked. Few holes, no time to throw.

You forgot how bad the O-line looked. Few holes, no time to throw.
I had brought that up after last week's abysmal offensive performance with respect to running the ball and keeping pressure off of the QB...for that matter, it is because of them that the QB is not playing tonight after the last two weeks behind said line.

It was mentioned above, but is true...Brohm has not been good at all thus far this year, to the point right now coming out of halftime, it is genuinely concerning.

I had brought that up after last week's abysmal offensive performance with respect to running the ball and keeping pressure off of the QB...for that matter, it is because of them that the QB is not playing tonight after the last two weeks behind said line.

It was mentioned above, but is true...Brohm has not been good at all thus far this year, to the point right now coming out of halftime, it is genuinely concerning.
I wish he would use a good play to set up another, that sweep w/ Moore would be so nice if they would let Moore stop and throw the ball back to Plummer like we did years ago in the Dome vs Minny, I think Hance caught it for a TD.

Reactions: purduepat1969
This is all about the defense. We did not play d for the first 3 quarters in the first half they scored 4 out of 5 possessions. From bad matchups playing man coverage to giving way to much room to anyone crossing the field in our zone defense. We just left our zone many times Graham did it several times during the game. our two safeties were only 3 steps late in this game usually its more then that.

Coaches look really good when they have good players to coach. Playing like we did for 3 quarters means we can't match up our front 3 or the back 8 in the BIG TEN. Period. Diaco has his share of scheme issues too. its a long list of questionable matchups all night. The Qb could have worn a white tux tonight and held a cup of coffee and not spilled a thing. Embarrassing now i feel better

Holt sucked too. We’re on a bad run of DCs.

"Holt sucked too. We’re on a bad run of DCs. "

Holt wasn't bad in his first years, and I like it that he needed a restrainer at game time. Perhaps he became worse when they quit designing the D abround the available players and their attributes and tried to make players fit the system which obviously they weren't suitable for.

We are 6th in scoring defense and 8th in yardage defense in the Big. Does anyone think we are that high defensively in talent? Lets stop overreacting and calling for jobs every single loss/game. It wasn’t good last night. Take a breath. Improvement for a team/program is a process. One that takes time because of how difficult it is to recruit elite talent. Our defensive coordinator should not be fired or arrested. Sweet Jesus. The emotional swings are difficult to understand.

Lol....reminds me of a take from John Caponera's act....

"Hey Steve. Here's a guy....Bob Dee-ah-Koh, defensive coordinator for Purdue, making over $800,000 a year with perques, and they can't get off the field....even you could run through some of those holes, Steve. Ha-ha. Hrummmmmphx! The opposing quarterback can just sit back and order a gourmet lunch and even has time to leave a tip....I just can't figure it out.

I mean how does he look Bobinski in the eye when he collects his check....he has to be wearing a ski mask because he's just ripping the Boilers off. I just can't figure it out.
"

220px-Harry_Caray_1988.jpg

We are 6th in scoring defense and 8th in yardage defense in the Big. Does anyone think we are that high defensively in talent? Lets stop overreacting and calling for jobs every single loss/game. It wasn’t good last night. Take a breath. Improvement for a team/program is a process. One that takes time because of how difficult it is to recruit elite talent. Our defensive coordinator should not be fired or arrested. Sweet Jesus. The emotional swings are difficult to understand.
No, no one should be fired. But there are some big questions with regard to our secondary that haven't gotten much better, if at all, in 4 years. Last night, our secondary played as badly as I can remember against a QB that has been struggling mightily all year. And with regard to talent, we have plenty of talent and depth on the secondary this year. That shouldn't even be brought up as a discussion point...

No, no one should be fired. But there are some big questions with regard to our secondary that haven't gotten much better, if at all, in 4 years. Last night, our secondary played as badly as I can remember against a QB that has been struggling mightily all year. And with regard to talent, we have plenty of talent and depth on the secondary this year. That shouldn't even be brought up as a discussion point...

Completely agree that we struggled mightily last night and like many I am still baffled by the amount of cushion everyone in our secondary seems to give.

The only thing I disagree with you on is talent. I think the last couple years we have been middle of the pack in recruiting defensive talent in the Big and prior to the last couple years it was bottom of the Big. Unfortunately we are overall average (not last night) which is about where our talent level is. We just need to keep building. I think we have some good young talent on our defense and hopefully as our two good classes get older we continue to improve on that side of the ball.

Completely agree that we struggled mightily last night and like many I am still baffled by the amount of cushion everyone in our secondary seems to give.

The only thing I disagree with you on is talent. I think the last couple years we have been middle of the pack in recruiting defensive talent in the Big and prior to the last couple years it was bottom of the Big. Unfortunately we are overall average (not last night) which is about where our talent level is. We just need to keep building. I think we have some good young talent on our defense and hopefully as our two good classes get older we continue to improve on that side of the ball.
Is IU or NW better than us in recruiting talent on defense? How about Wisconsin? If we were slow in the secondary, I'd agree with you. But when you continue to make blown coverages, soft coverage, and lack the fundamentals like turning your head, that's coaching, not talent.

Is IU or NW better than us in recruiting talent on defense? How about Wisconsin? If we were slow in the secondary, I'd agree with you. But when you continue to make blown coverages, soft coverage, and lack the fundamentals like turning your head, that's coaching, not talent.

I would have to go look at the ratings to be sure but I believe IU is probably similar to us defensively and as an example NW In 2017 average recruits ranking was nearly 4 points higher than ours, so without digging into each class i would say yes emphatically. And Wisconsin’s was nearly 5 points higher so another emphatic yes. Purdues top two classes were historically bad.

I would have to go look at the ratings to be sure but I believe IU is probably similar to us defensively and as an example NW In 2017 average recruits ranking was nearly 4 points higher than ours, so without digging into each class i would say yes emphatically. And Wisconsin’s was nearly 5 points higher so another emphatic yes. Purdues top two classes were historically bad.
Northwestern has been in the lower half to lower third of the B1G in recruiting rankings since 2016. But yet they're on the verge of winning the Big Ten West this year. Since 2017, on average, they have been worse than Purdue. Purdue's recruiting in 2017 was bad due to Brohm just arriving.

Northwestern has been in the lower half to lower third of the B1G in recruiting rankings since 2016. But yet they're on the verge of winning the Big Ten West this year. Since 2017, on average, they have been worse than Purdue. Purdue's recruiting in 2017 was bad due to Brohm just arriving.

Agreed. But RS Seniors, Seniors, and RS Juniors are all much shorter on talent than the rest of the Big. Defensively I am not sure how good the RS Sophomore and JR class is but I didn’t think it was great either. I personally think the improvement will come with the current Sophomore and classes below. At least I hope it will 🤞.

Agreed. But RS Seniors, Seniors, and RS Juniors are all much shorter on talent than the rest of the Big. Defensively I am not sure how good the RS Sophomore and JR class is but I didn’t think it was great either. I personally think the improvement will come with the current Sophomore and classes below. At least I hope it will 🤞.
I think 2021 and 2022 have to be really good years for Brohm. Or there's gonna be a lot of questions if he doesn't produce. I'm still hopeful.

Reactions: Beorik
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT