ADVERTISEMENT

Deyonta Davis.... not impressed.

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Maybe that's just because of some MSU fans coming over here making him sound like a cross between Karl Malone and Charles Barkley and I expected alot more, but I don't see how he is a potential leave-early candidate. Looked decent for a freshman and will probably be pretty good if he stays at MSU but not nearly what he was hyped up to be in my opinion.

He has some skills and some foot speed, but he needs to get more bulk on his frame, and he needs to learn more about the game before he is any sort of NBA first rounder. That takes nothing away from him or his future capabilities. I just don't think he is NBA ready yet. He needs a couple more years in Izzo's system.

:cool:

Reactions: punaj
Just a freshman. Izzos guys usually always turn into stars. MSU fans are probably saying the same about Caleb. Everyone knows these two have the talent just need to wait on them to figure the college game out.

Just a freshman. Izzos guys usually always turn into stars. MSU fans are probably saying the same about Caleb. Everyone knows these two have the talent just need to wait on them to figure the college game out.

Well I would hope that Purdue fans aren't running over to the MSU board and telling them how great Swanigan is. I know I am on the record here saying that we would be a better team if he saw fewer minutes most games. That said, if we continue to post him up on offense I think he could really help us. I just wish we had made that the focus at the beginning of the season and he would be more comfortable with it.

CS has taken a lot of heat from the fans lately. He is a freshman in a tough conference. He already has an NBA body. He doesn't yet have the decision making process to take him from good to great. That will come with experience and coaching. What I do like about CS is that he is a warrior. You don't lead the BIG 10 in rebounding if you aren't. He isn't afraid of the big moment. He isn't successful in the big moment yet, but he will be. We have some hesitant players on our team but CS isn't one of them. Does he hurt us at times? Yes. But sometimes you have to fail before you succeed. He is a bright guy...he will figure it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT