6' 5" - 210
4.0+ GPA
(also: Indiana Elite Magic 17U)

HS Var Stats
Sr - 29.2 pts, 12.1 reb, 6.7 asst, 3.5 blk
Jr - 26.3 pts, 11.5 reb, 4.2 asst, 3.9 blk
So - 17.5 pts, 8.6 reb, 5.0 asst

Last night - Sr Night - 37 pts, 12 reb, 6, 6

So, piggy-backing off the "did you attend..." thread, I'm from Richmond and this kid has been the talk of the town all season. Even more so than any of the players from well-known NCC power Richmond High School, where Chad and Woody played, 92 State Champs etc etc. Last night was their Sr. Night and for the first time Purdue and Butler, among many others like Miami OH, Ball State, Ohio U., etc etc, were there watching him play. G&B tweeted about it "#Purdue was there".

He has received several offers from smaller non-P5 schools (like Ball St and Miami, OH, etc), but no P5. I do believe Notre Dame has also visited a game and scouted.

According to many he is a late bloomer who has come on very strong this season (taller bigger and stronger), and is now on PU's radar. He has been invited by PUR staff, and will be attending the MSU game at Mackey this Tuesday.

So, just a heads up. From what I have been told he's a great kid from a great family with a great head on his shoulders, and would love to attend a local P5 school.

Last edited:
Seton Catholic HS
6' 5" - 210
4.0+ GPA

HS Var Stats

So, piggy-backing off the "did you attend..." thread, I'm from Richmond and this kid has been the talk of the town all season. Even more so than any of the players from well-known NCC power Richmond High School, where Chad and Woody played, 92 State Champs etc etc. Last night was their Sr. Night and for the first time Purdue and Butler, among many others like Miami OH, Ball State, Ohio U., etc etc, were there watching him play. G&B tweeted about it "#Purdue was there".

He has received several offers from smaller non-P5 schools (like Ball St and Miami, OH, etc), but no P5. I do believe Notre Dame has also visited a game and scouted.

According to many he is a late bloomer who has come on very strong this season (taller bigger and stronger), and is now on PU's radar. He has been invited by PUR staff, and will be attending the MSU game at Mackey this Tuesday.

So, just a heads up. From what I have been told he's a great kid from a great family with a great head on his shoulders, and would love to attend a local P5 school.

I think Painter was down there yesterday or Wednesday watching him play.

Does he project to play the backcourt in college? Can he handle the ball? Or is he a dominant high school front court player so far?

Reactions: nagemj02
Seton Catholic HS
6' 5" - 210
4.0+ GPA

HS Var Stats

Thank you. Always appreciate learning about potential boilers. Good player and student fits right into the mix of players currently at Purdue. Did you know Purdue has more Catholics than Notre Dame? Could this guy be another dragon slayer from Richmond? six seconds in this video you will see Kristoff Kendrick standing beside Brandon at the game. I'm sure this kid's scoring is not the source of interest in this competition, but just what he can do...

Last edited:
Thank you. Always appreciate learning about potential boilers. Good player and student fits right into the mix of players currently at Purdue. Did you know Purdue has more Catholics than Notre Dame? Could this guy be another dragon slayer from Richmond? six seconds in this video you will see Kristoff Kendrick standing beside Brandon at the game. I'm sure this kids scoring is not the source of interest in this competition, but just what he can do...
other videos indicate an okay athlete, not real fast, not sure his drives are there in college, but skillful in very limited viewing...some similar attributes as I'm sure many others would have to D J Newbill...size, quickness, strength and more skill than athleticism. Not saying he is a DJ Newbill at all...just saying some things are similar

Thank you. Always appreciate learning about potential boilers. Good player and student fits right into the mix of players currently at Purdue. Did you know Purdue has more Catholics than Notre Dame? Could this guy be another dragon slayer from Richmond? six seconds in this video you will see Kristoff Kendrick standing beside Brandon at the game. I'm sure this kid's scoring is not the source of interest in this competition, but just what he can do...
Reminds me of a taller Terone Johnson, who I actually think was underrated during his time here.

Reactions: BoilerFan#35
Reminds me of a taller Terone Johnson, who I actually think was underrated during his time here.
certainly in the videos he gets in the lane...not seeing the floater and taller. he probably is alike ins some things to many as most are...

Seton Catholic HS
6' 5" - 210
4.0+ GPA

HS Var Stats

Hopefully Painter saw him play in AAU tourneys also. His HS schedule is really weak.

None taken, where I live and grew up, like a small town, rare to see players like Bane playing against us

certainly in the videos he gets in the lane...not seeing the floater and taller. he probably is alike ins some things to many as most are...

The video made me think of DeJuan Marrero. We passed on him and he ended up at DePaul a few years ago (to help you place the obscure reference). Good player but needing an outside shot.

The video made me think of DeJuan Marrero. We passed on him and he ended up at DePaul a few years ago (to help you place the obscure reference). Good player but needing an outside shot.

Yeah, I remember really liking Marrero in high school. Undersized PF but tough as nails and a great motor. I think if he was 2-3 inches taller he would have had much bigger offers. Didn't really follow him at DePaul.

Never too late to find a hidden gem. I remember our boards and even IUs boards laughing about Oladipo. And he completely turned that whole program around.

Can he learn to play defense.......

Great frame for Big Ten and love that he is a student with 4.0+.....

If Painter wants him to be a Boilermaker then I want him.

Can someone explain why Kristoff Kendrick is noted in this thread? I know Frank is getting involved in the program a bit but what does Kristoff have anything to do with the program? He was a stud at Central Catholic and led them to a state title but hadn't heard much of him since then.

Sorry, but Union City isn't a huge test of his abilities. What could he do on Richmond's team this year against much better competition.

Idk why he would be there. I thought he was coaching at Warren Central now. Also I'm all on board for getting Frank back toward the program. But how they spun it saying things were taken out of context and they really didn't say anything. Kristoff used to go off on Purdue trashing the program left and right every chance he got. Never been a fan of his.

I know Union City is a small school and not a great indicator of Bane's ability, but Seton played in a tournament and played well against a lot bigger schools, and beat Richmond.

Have seen this kid play multiple times in the State Tournament....Really good HS player, especially at small school level, not sure that translates to B10. Not positive that I would say at the mid-major level either. Maybe the right situation & system. In the games I have seen, he was a one man gang & made shots, but took a bunch of shots to get his points. Not sure of the make-up of his team this year though.

At the 6 second mark of the video, Brantley is standing w/ Marcus Belcher (Asst @ Indiana St) & another person....none of those are Kristof Kendrick.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndianapolisHoops
Can someone explain why Kristoff Kendrick is noted in this thread? I know Frank is getting involved in the program a bit but what does Kristoff have anything to do with the program? He was a stud at Central Catholic and led them to a state title but hadn't heard much of him since then.
I started it and as you can see Brandon naturally is friends with Frank and his son. His son is VERY involved in AAU

Have seen this kid play multiple times in the State Tournament....Really good HS player, especially at small school level, not sure that translates to B10. Not positive, I would say at the mid-major level either. Maybe the right situation & system. In the games I have seen, he was a one man gang & made shots, but took a bunch of shots to get his points. Not sure of the make-up of his team this year though.

At the 6 second mark of the video, Brantley is videod w/ Marcus Belcher (Asst @ Indiana St) & another person....none of those are Kristof Kendrick.
You are correct! Quickly it looked like Kristoff since he has put on weight, but reviewing again I can see the difference in height and a "little fuller" figure than Kristoff. I stand corrected! Kristoff is not the anti Purdue guy he was for a short while and it is great to see him and Frank engaged with Purdue. I was wrong on Kristoff in the video once I took my time to really see the person beside Brandon.

I started it and as you can see Brandon naturally is friends with Frank and his son. His son is VERY involved in AAU

Not a problem was just interested to see how Kristoff was involved. I think some bridges have been mended with the Kendrick's and the Purdue program will start to see improved recruiting because of it. I have long known the Kendrick's are highly involved in the AAU in Indiana (which is great for Indiana as they are both highly intelligent when it comes to basketball knowledge) and their improved relationship with Purdue is a positive for Painter.

Also, I got a chance to play with Kristoff when we were younger on a rag-tag group of players put together by a local barber that played against the private schools in the Lafayette area. Even in like 6th-8th grade, I could tell Kristoff was just a different level of talent than most that were on the floor. When he showed up, I could pencil myself in for at least 15 assists!

Reactions: tjreese
You are correct! Quickly it looked like Kristoff since he has put on weight, but reviewing again I can see the difference in height and a "little fuller" figure than Kristoff. I stand corrected! Kristoff is not the anti Purdue guy he was for a short while and it is great to see him and Frank engaged with Purdue. I was wrong on Kristoff in the video once I took my time to really see the person beside Brandon.
reminds me of Ray Day.

Reactions: pboiler18
Seton Catholic HS
6' 5" - 210
4.0+ GPA

HS Var Stats

Thanks for the stats - hope he makes it somewhere if not Purdue.
Could be a sleeper.

Last edited:
For everyone who is saying "why take a chance on a late bloomer" now, they will be the ones complaining when he gets an offer a month later and picks ND or Xavier. Our staff has a good eye for talent and if Painter thinks he's a good fit then I want him on our team.

Remember how many people didn't think Bryant Mcintosh was "worth" a scholly when Purdue was interested? I think he's proved that wrong.

Reactions: BBG
Currently, none of Purdue's guards are even in the top 20 or so guards in scoring in the B1G. 43 players in the B1G score more than either starter @ the 1 or 2 in the last game. A scoring 2 sure would help....as some teams have bench players that score more than our guard starters. Thus, if Painter does take him, with the 17s out there, it sure says Painter thinks he can help with that.....or Painter doesn't feel great about the 17s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT