ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart

I would say early in the week leading into ISU.

But I did find this chart on a site I use on occasion for fantasy football. Some things don't seem right though. It's also a month old.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I would say early in the week leading into ISU.

But I did find this chart on a site I use on occasion for fantasy football. Some things don't seem right though. It's also a month old.

That’s got two starters that were ruled out days ago (green and cj smith, and not sure about Stewart). I really hope Sowinski is not our starting slot WR or many folks here will need to eat crow.

That’s got two starters that were ruled out days ago (green and cj smith, and not sure about Stewart). I really hope Sowinski is not our starting slot WR or many folks here will need to eat crow.
It’ll be Dixon-Veal or Morissette. Also neither of these even list the freshman Rigby, who is going to play for sure

He had 3 catches last year, in just 1 game?
0 career TDs
He seemed to have saggy coverage on him a few games and made some plays but not sure I’d call him reliable.
Yeah, I get it. You have to see him in practice to understand my comment.

Hopefully, he's not just a practice player.

Had no issues in 2022 when he contributed!
One game with over one catch. Not hating on him, everyone here salivated over our portal grab at WR after we lost our entire receiver room. He probably is going to start at slot if we play a true slot but a lot of people will eat crow if that happens.

Eh, I don’t love that. Rather not put our best player in harms way if we don’t absolutely have to…
Can’t play scared. If he’s showing them he is the best option, they should put him back there. Teams do this all the time.

To me, unless he’s Deion reincarnate, the upside doesn’t justify the downside.
But they have a ton of faith in him. He’s not going to muff it, and was the fastest player on the team until these transfers and frosh showed up. He’s a playmaker. Give him every chance to make plays. I’m on board with this 100%.

But they have a ton of faith in him. He’s not going to muff it, and was the fastest player on the team until these transfers and frosh showed up. He’s a playmaker. Give him every chance to make plays. I’m on board with this 100%.
I’m not worried about him muffing the ball.

Punt and kickoff returns are by far the most dangerous plays in football.

Unless he’s the best punt returner since Deion, I’d rather have someone besides the team’s best player doing it.

Unless he’s the best punt returner since Deion, I’d rather have someone besides the team’s best player doing it.
My guess is that his decision making - when to let it go, when to make a fair catch - is what is putting him in this position.

Okay be scared then. When’s the last time a star got hurt doing this? BTW you should be referencing HOFer Devin Hester for this argument 😉

My guess is that his decision making - when to let it go, when to make a fair catch - is what is putting him in this position.
Yea. He’s going fair catch it or make a play. He’s not a dumb and not going to get murdered out there

Okay be scared then. When’s the last time a star got hurt doing this? BTW you should be referencing HOFer Devin Hester for this argument 😉
Jason Sehorn was a pro bowl corner, tore his ACL on a kick return and was never the same.

I’m not “scared” of anything, just like you wanting him out there doesn’t make you brave.

I just think it’s foolish from a risk/reward perspective, unless he’s the best punt returner in the country.

Jason Sehorn was a pro bowl corner, tore his ACL on a kick return and was never the same.

I’m not “scared” of anything, just like you wanting him out there doesn’t make you brave.

I just think it’s foolish from a risk/reward perspective, unless he’s the best punt returner in the country.
Agree. If he’s the engine of the defensive car and the only guy who can play his spot it’s not worth the risk in the punt game.

Found another one that is from 5 days ago, and looks the same if not identical.

I haven’t followed all offseason but here are the positions in Walters defense

Fox Heldt
DT Anderson
NT Brevard
DE M’ba
Buck Madden
Cylinder Stevens
MLB Karlaftis
Star Breedlove
CB Rogers
S Thienemann
CB Green

If they start the game this way I anticipate we will see Omonode in the first series. By no later than halftime, knowing very little about the offseason, I wouldn’t be surprised to see

NT Omonode
DT Dinkins
Fox Ojata
Buck Sillah
LB/Cyl Berglund
Cyl Bradford
Star Beasley
DB Grant
DB Turner-Muhammad
DB Alosondro

I’m sure I’m missing some players. But probably only so many cause it’s ISU

I haven’t followed all offseason but here are the positions in Walters defense

Fox Heldt
DT Anderson
NT Brevard
DE M’ba
Buck Madden
Cylinder Stevens
MLB Karlaftis
Star Breedlove
CB Rogers
S Thienemann
CB Green

If they start the game this way I anticipate we will see Omonode in the first series. By no later than halftime, knowing very little about the offseason, I wouldn’t be surprised to see

NT Omonode
DT Dinkins
Fox Ojata
Buck Sillah
LB/Cyl Berglund
Cyl Bradford
Star Beasley
DB Grant
DB Turner-Muhammad
DB Alosondro

I’m sure I’m missing some players. But probably only so many cause it’s ISU

Swap Kalaftis with Jenkins MLB.

A lot more depth and players fighting for position.
Madden with Silah at Buck (could go either way but Madden was injured.)
Rogers with M. Brown at CB.

Reactions: Bippus33
Oh crap lol that a big one to forget

FWIW.

Nathan Baird and Sam King, Purdue beat reporters who do go to practices and has a good idea on who might start had this video breakdown of projected starting roster. This was 9 days ago.

I find them credible.

FWIW.

Nathan Baird and Sam King, Purdue beat reporters who do go to practices and has a good idea on who might start had this video breakdown of projected starting roster. This was 9 days ago.

I find them credible.

Great listen. I felt like before Tom got involved more that Nathan was the top media coverage with the J&C for so long. Sam king likewise.

On offense there is little gray area. They were 100% in agreement on all positions except OL where king has moussa and I think Baird had Jalen grant and it eas shuffled up a bit. Baird went on practice reps and king went on experience starting together.

At wr they both said (assuming no injuries it’s ch smith, edrine, and JdV. The coaches they said really like rigby who has gotten a lot of reps on first team lately and also seem high on Leland Smith. Baird really like Tibbs but seemed to be going out on a limb. Also mentioned branch and sowinski as having roles.

He had 3 catches last year, in just 1 game?
0 career TDs
He seemed to have saggy coverage on him a few games and made some plays but not sure I’d call him reliable.
He may mean, reliable in being available to play and or catching the ball.

Two freshmen starters in the Indiana State game. Shamar Rigby and Tarrion Grant.

Notable 2nd string starters who are freshmen: Meriweather, Jayden Ball, Koy Beasley.

Reactions: tenwest
Bold move with Rigby and I think I like it. But it does sound like we have 5 or 6 guys that can interchange at WR with regularity.

The depth chart shows 12 starters on defense. I like that too. Just hope the refs don't notice.

Bold move with Rigby and I think I like it. But it does sound like we have 5 or 6 guys that can interchange at WR with regularity.

The depth chart shows 12 starters on defense. I like that too. Just hope the refs don't notice.

For those who do not know. Purdue generally lists 12 starters. Depending on the opposing team formations, personnel will change.

ie. Short yardage running formation, they will swap out Stevens with Yanni. Yanni and Jenkins will be MLB.
For passing formations, Stevens comes in, Yanni goes out.

Here is the link to the depth chart for Indiana State game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT