ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats to lose the House in 2022?

The Democrats aren't packing the court. And Jesus H Christ, your side stole two seats. So spare me your bitching. In general, the Republicans are losing popularity and continue to try and cheat to maintain power. For you, it's fine. For the rest of us, it's antithetical to the supposedly democratic pricinples under which this nation was founded.
keep running around telling people im a bot

from where or from whom were two seats stolen from

youre using a left wing talking point here

actually two

you really dont like to be asked to back stupid things up that you say do you

So, again, free community college has yet to be proposed. Also, the article is from before the infrastructure bill and references it, so, $2.3T of this potential $3T is already included on the $5.7T. $1.5T of which is normal federal spending for 2022 that’s not all that much higher than 2021 and a similar number would have to be “spent” by any president.

If you want to talk about how much he’s spending, or wants to spend, that’s fine. It’s a lot. But use the actual numbers of how much he’s increasing spending, not some made up $10T number.
Hey, it’s been a week since the WH proposed a spending $T...so this week let’s spend $1.8T on “families”

Transform the economy? What does that mean exactly?
The Trump economy was rolling right along. WTF?
According to the Democrats, the economy wasn’t rolling along for everyone (even though unemployment and poverty was a record low before COVID and COVID was clearly the responsibility of Trump).

I don’t know why Biden just doesn’t have the federal government hire everyone who currently is making less than $80k/yr and then force private businesses to negotiate contracts of employment for their services.

Is that what he's done, though? Because I've seen $1.9T Covid relief, $2.3T Infrastructure proposal, and $1.5T proposed 2022 federal discretionary. spending. I'm no math wiz, but I think that's $5.7T total, with a good chunk of it (the $1.5T) being the normal federal discretionary spending. For FY 2021 (the last budget developed with Trump in office), discretionary spending is $1.485T. So, that $1.5T isn't even really new spending, only $15 billion of it is (give or take, I know the trillion numbers are approximations). So, depending on how you look at it, he's proposed $5.7T in spending or $4.215T in "new" spending, nearly half of which was the emergency Covid funding that has higher approval ratings than Biden himself (70%).

All that said, you didn’t say “proposed” spending, you said “spending.” So far, that’s only the COVID bill. So, where is this $10T number coming from?

Note: I'm happy to eat crow if there are spending proposals that I missed or am otherwise not aware of.

You ready for 2 Trilly tonight?

4 Trilly budget
2 Trilly "Covid"
2 Trilly "Infrastructure"
2 Trilly "Family"

Biden has proposed 2 Trilly spending for every 3 weeks he has been in office.

Last edited:
Hey, it’s been a week since the WH proposed a spending $T...so this week let’s spend $1.8T on “families”

Still not up to $10T, but even if we get there, that won't change the fact that the number was made up in the first place.

I have no desire to argue the merits of the proposals on this board. As I stated earlier, I simply want people to argue honestly. It's a perfectly fine argument to say "Biden's wanting to spend too much money," and then to use the actual numbers of his proposed spending. It's not ok to say "Biden's wanting to spend too much money" and then use a fictional number to back it up.

With today's proposal he's up to $6T. If you want to argue too much spending, that's the number you should use. If he adds more proposals, then you can update that number. There's no need for exaggeration and doing so just leads to bad faith arguing.

You ready for 2 Trilly tonight?

4 Trilly budget
2 Trilly "Covid"
2 Trilly "Infrastructure"
2 Trilly "Family"

Biden has proposed 2 Trilly spending for every 3 weeks he has been in office.
It takes a lot of money to clean up Trump's disastrous mess..

According to the Democrats, the economy wasn’t rolling along for everyone (even though unemployment and poverty was a record low before COVID and COVID was clearly the responsibility of Trump).

I don’t know why Biden just doesn’t have the federal government hire everyone who currently is making less than $80k/yr and then force private businesses to negotiate contracts of employment for their services.
A completely incompetent response to COVID most certainly was Trump's responsibility.

Still not up to $10T, but even if we get there, that won't change the fact that the number was made up in the first place.

I have no desire to argue the merits of the proposals on this board. As I stated earlier, I simply want people to argue honestly. It's a perfectly fine argument to say "Biden's wanting to spend too much money," and then to use the actual numbers of his proposed spending. It's not ok to say "Biden's wanting to spend too much money" and then use a fictional number to back it up.

With today's proposal he's up to $6T. If you want to argue too much spending, that's the number you should use. If he adds more proposals, then you can update that number. There's no need for exaggeration and doing so just leads to bad faith arguing.
$7.7T according to the NYPost which round to $8T....what’s a few quarters amongst politicians?

$7.7T according to the NYPost which round to $8T....what’s a few quarters amongst politicians?

And I suppose 8 rounds up to 10, right?

The NYPost article includes $1.5T for the FY22 discretionary budget. That budget is $1.485T this year. Is he supposed to not propose a budget for next year? Looks more like $6.2T in "new" spending to me.

This is all ridiculous anyway, though. I have never argued that he hasn't proposed a lot of spending. I haven't even argued in favor of it. Here's the sequence of events:

OP: $10T in spending is not popular
Me: He hasn't spent $10T
Other folks: He wants to spend $9T
Me: $9T is not $10T, and is also inaccurate (at the time of posting)
Other folks: *changes subject to whether Covid bill was needed*
Other folks: He just proposed more for families
Me: Still doesn't add up to $10T
Other folks: this article says $7.7T

You can't disprove my point -- that he hasn't proposed $10T -- with articles that say he's proposed $8T.

I only will have to wait another two months for college debts forgiveness ($2T) and reparations ($3T)

A completely incompetent response to COVID most certainly was Trump's responsibility.
What was Joe going to do different, he didn’t lock down the country in the biggest wave of the pandemic....oh, yeah,....mask mandates!!

Which won't change the fact that the number was made up out of thin air when it was first presented.
Thin Air? it’s VP AOCs Green New Deal Number. Biden is just executing Bernie and AOCs plan. Sometimes he remembers to call it his, when Pelosi and Schumer’s let him have his meds.

Thin Air? it’s VP AOCs Green New Deal Number.
So now Biden is responsible for AOC's proposed spending? Maybe that's what the original poster was referring to, rather than Biden's proposals, in which case, I was wrong about my initial post.

That said, the conversation we were having was clearly about Biden's proposals, not AOC's. I don't know why you can't agree that Biden has not proposed $10T in spending, when, clearly, he hasn't. "Maybe he will at some later date" does not change what's true right now.

I gotta say, the length of this conversation is growing way out of proportion to my interest in it. Have a good night.

What was Joe going to do different, he didn’t lock down the country in the biggest wave of the pandemic....oh, yeah,....mask mandates!!
Joe wasn't president. I'll go out on a limb and guess he wouldn't have basically ignored it for months though.

Ah, an anti-masker. Color me surprised.

Joe wasn't president. I'll go out on a limb and guess he wouldn't have basically ignored it for months though.

Ah, an anti-masker. Color me surprised.
Actually I wear a mask, but those who didn’t wear one weren’t the only ones who got sick.

Mr Masks Solve Everything.... We should probably send 1.5T masks to India, because that would solve their pandemic in 4-8 weeks (or not, just like the US).

Hint....vaccines....

6 Trillion is the ADDITIONAL money proposed above and beyond the 2.7 Trillion Mandatory and 1.3 Trillion Discretionary estimated Federal Budget requirements for Fiscal year 2021.
So 6+4=10 Trillion budget for Fiscal year 2021.

Reactions: ecouch
Actually I wear a mask, but those who didn’t wear one weren’t the only ones who got sick.

Mr Masks Solve Everything.... We should probably send 1.5T masks to India, because that would solve their pandemic in 4-8 weeks (or not, just like the US).

Hint....vaccines....
Where did I imply that masks solve everything? They absolutely have slowed the spread.

I'm not sure what "Hint....(sic)vaccines....(sic)" is supposed to be saying. Are you saying that getting vaccines to India would help? Yes, I agree. Apparently President Biden does as well, because he proposes sending unused A-Z vaccines to them.

Where did I imply that masks solve everything? They absolutely have slowed the spread.

I'm not sure what "Hint....(sic)vaccines....(sic)" is supposed to be saying. Are you saying that getting vaccines to India would help? Yes, I agree. Apparently President Biden does as well, because he proposes sending unused A-Z vaccines to them.
I thought Trump didn’t order enough vaccines...per Joe. Did Joe over order?

And I suppose 8 rounds up to 10, right?

The NYPost article includes $1.5T for the FY22 discretionary budget. That budget is $1.485T this year. Is he supposed to not propose a budget for next year? Looks more like $6.2T in "new" spending to me.

This is all ridiculous anyway, though. I have never argued that he hasn't proposed a lot of spending. I haven't even argued in favor of it. Here's the sequence of events:

OP: $10T in spending is not popular
Me: He hasn't spent $10T
Other folks: He wants to spend $9T
Me: $9T is not $10T, and is also inaccurate (at the time of posting)
Other folks: *changes subject to whether Covid bill was needed*
Other folks: He just proposed more for families
Other folks: this article says $7.7T

You can't disprove my point -- that he hasn't proposed $10T -- with articles that say he's proposed $8T.
What’s the total now after Joes $6T?

what a laugh.

The Democrats aren't packing the court. And Jesus H Christ, your side stole two seats. So spare me your bitching. In general, the Republicans are losing popularity and continue to try and cheat to maintain power. For you, it's fine. For the rest of us, it's antithetical to the supposedly democratic pricinples under which this nation was founded.
it's a republic, son

What’s the total now after Joes $6T?

what a laugh.
Uh, it hasn’t changed because the budget proposal includes the portion of the Infrastructure and Families plans that would be spent in FY 2022.

From AP: “The budget incorporates the administration’s eight-year, $2.3 trillion infrastructure proposal and its $1.8 trillion American Families Plan and adds details on his $1.5 trillion request for annual operating expenditures for the Pentagon and domestic agencies.”

Uh, it hasn’t changed because the budget proposal includes the portion of the Infrastructure and Families plans that would be spent in FY 2022.

From AP: “The budget incorporates the administration’s eight-year, $2.3 trillion infrastructure proposal and its $1.8 trillion American Families Plan and adds details on his $1.5 trillion request for annual operating expenditures for the Pentagon and domestic agencies.”
Plus $1.9T for COVID relief so $7.9T. Raises taxes and still can’t balance his budget.

$1T in the hole Joe.....every year

Last edited:
Plus $1.9T for COVID relief so $7.9T. Raises taxes and still can’t balance his budget.

$1T in the hole Joe.....every year

What does the projected deficit have to do with your earlier question? The budget proposal is not $6T in new spending. That’s all I was saying, because you seemed to suggest with your question that it was in addition to the other proposed spending plans when it is not.

What does the projected deficit have to do with your earlier question? The budget proposal is not $6T in new spending. That’s all I was saying, because you seemed to suggest with your question that it was in addition to the other proposed spending plans when it is not.
You tried to tell me 6 weeks ago Joes spending was at most $6T...that’s just what he proposed here in new spending after $1.9T in COVID relief....when does it end?

The guys been in office 4 months and is offering $8T in total spending. Free money Joe...making it rain $100 bills.

You tried to tell me 6 weeks ago Joes spending was at most $6T...that’s just what he proposed here in new spending after $1.9T in COVID relief....when does it end?

The guys been in office 4 months and is offering $8T in total spending. Free money Joe...making it rain $100 bills.
So far, it’s ended with the Infrastructure and Families plans. Presidents propose annual budgets every year. Trump’s last request was $4.8T. That number plus the portions of Biden’s two plans that would be spent during FY 2022 and his requested increased funding for some federal agencies (including the military, wait, I thought Dems hated the military…) results in the proposed $6T budget for FY 2022. Of course, at this point, ALL of that is only PROPOSED spending. None of it has been approved yet, as Congress has to do that.

But, again, my point here has only been for people to argue based on real numbers. There is overlap between the Infrastructure and Families plans and the proposed FY 2022 budget so you can’t just add them together. $8T is actually accurate for the Covid relief bill combined with what would be spent in FY 2022 if this budget is approved as is (it wont be), so thank you for that. Your question that I responded to was “what’s the total now after Joe’s $6T?” My response was only to point out that the budget proposal was not additional spending aside from what we already knew about and, thus, did not change the total.

I won’t engage in an argument about whether that level of spending is a good or bad thing, but if you want to do that with other posters, use the actual amount of money in question. Even better, argue about whether the things he wants so spend money on should have money spent on them (or what an appropriate level of spending on them might be) rather than arguing that it’s automatically bad because it’s a lot of money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT