ADVERTISEMENT

Defense Wins

Sep 23, 2004
Everybody's talking coaches with high-powered offenses and I love it too. But... defense wins. With all the names out there, who has a defensive background?

Here is a few I wouldn't mind seeing and think they could be swayed to come to Purdue:

Geoff Collins: DC Florida (a traditionally southern states coach but may be interested in the sway of the B1G).
Bud Foster: DC Virginia Tech (may be finally looking to get his shot at HC'ing...and his background is solid enough that even if he failed at Purdue...another big program would pick him up).
Dave Aranda: DC LSU (former Wisconsin DC and may need to find a new job with a potential new coach coming in)
Chad Glasgow: DC TCU (instability of Big 12 could lead to some poaching of assistant coaches but he is a traditionally southern coach..not sure he would come north)
Don Brown: DC Michigan

I think of all these potential coaches, I'd say Aranda is probably the most likely given there has already been a coaching change made at LSU. I wouldn't be surprised to see Don Brown's name being thrown around but he would definitely not be one on the radar for the bigger gigs that are or will open up.

Foster is unhirable as a head coach due to off the field issues.

Aranda would be worth a shot.

Foster is unhirable as a head coach due to off the field issues.

Aranda would be worth a shot.
Still haven't seen anything solid on the talk that Foster has done anything. Sorry if that goes against what you think but until it's proven in writing, I'll take the man from the pieces of information that say Foster is an intense and good man and coach. Purdue would be incredibly lucky to have him as the next HC.

Foster is accused of fining players for misconduct. I did the same with my kids in high school and college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT