ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Danny Hope…

I was not a huge Hope fan. However, I compare his salary to the ones we gave Hazell, brohm and walters, . and then I say, Hope could have given us this for about $20 million less.

I was not a huge Hope fan. However, I compare his salary to the ones we gave Hazell, brohm and walters, . and then I say, Hope could have given us this for about $20 million less.
Really you comparing hope to brohm? I know we’re all angry but that’s just stupid. Brohm is leading a ranked ACC team for second year and hopes been unemployed for 5 years. He can’t even get a job as a position coach for a low tier team.

Everybody gets a few good players. The baseline wasn’t great.
Means that CDH should get even more respect then for being able to go toe-to-toe with undefeated ND and tO$U his final season after beating tO$U several times and getting the first Purdue win At Michigan in most of our lifetimes…

Really you comparing hope to brohm? I know we’re all angry but that’s just stupid. Brohm is leading a ranked ACC team for second year and hopes been unemployed for 5 years. He can’t even get a job as a position coach for a low tier team.
I said, and i'll repeat. Look at the salary Hope was receiving. and then look at the outcome. Hope was being paid less than $1 million per year. Hazell, Brohm and Walters salary doesn't even come close to what little Hope was being paid. We could have kept Hope and still played in a mediocre bowl game and saved a ton in salary. Do you really brag about the Bowl games Brohm took Purdue to play in ? I've lived in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, and Texas. the people in those states would laugh at you if you mentioned the bowlgames brohm took Purdue to play in.

I'm just saying, Purdue should have kept Hope. he did as much as Walters, brohm and Hazell did. and he came a lot cheaper price. he also produced just as many NFL players.

I'm not a Hope fan. i never was. But i sure don't see any significant improvement . if you're going to finish in the bottom half of the BIG 10, does your coach really need to be paid like the top half coaches are paid ? to me, salary should be dictated by performance, not by potential.

I could have coached today. yes, we would have lost and gotten blown out. But at least, we would have saved some money that could be spent on upgrading our library facilities. maybe upgrade some software. spend the money on meaningful endeavors.

my entire point is not what brohm did. But look at the cost of his victories. Hope could have provided almost the same results at 1/5th the price. and isn't that what our society is all about today ? fiscal efficiency ? why spend $5 million a year when you can get almost the same product for less than $1 million ? WalMart is thriving. Macy's is not.

get rid of your football mentality. start looking at Purdue athletics from a business perspective. because that's what in reality it is. Purdue athletics is a business. it's no longer a college extracurricular activity. ITS A BUSINESS. A BIG BUSINESS. and today we saw the results of a very bad personnel decision. the decision cost us a lot of money. who takes the blame ? NIL ? the players? the coaching staff ? the AD ? Hope's product wasn't very good. Hope was somewhere between a Dollar general and a Walmart. But was Brohm much better than a Walmart or a Kroger ? Brohm was paid like a Mercedes or BMW, and what he produced was more like a KIA, or Suburu. if I wanted a KIA, I would have kept Hope. Hope produced a lot more bang for the buck .

now do you understand what I'm saying ? I'm not a hope fan. I'm not a walmart fan. I'm a Purdue fan. and for the money Brohm and hazell and Walters were paid, I expected a lot more than what Hope delivered. I expected 8-9 win seasons EVERY year, not once in a blue moon. I expected wins over big time schools, not once in awhile upsets. is Purdue even better than IU ? I'm sad to say, right now it's a toss up.

Can't get a job or doesn't need/want to? He has to be in his middle or late 60s by now and probably made enough money coaching where he doesn't have to do so to make ends meet.

I said, and i'll repeat. Look at the salary Hope was receiving. and then look at the outcome. Hope was being paid less than $1 million per year. Hazell, Brohm and Walters salary doesn't even come close to what little Hope was being paid. We could have kept Hope and still played in a mediocre bowl game and saved a ton in salary. Do you really brag about the Bowl games Brohm took Purdue to play in ? I've lived in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, and Texas. the people in those states would laugh at you if you mentioned the bowlgames brohm took Purdue to play in.

I'm just saying, Purdue should have kept Hope. he did as much as Walters, brohm and Hazell did. and he came a lot cheaper price. he also produced just as many NFL players.

I'm not a Hope fan. i never was. But i sure don't see any significant improvement . if you're going to finish in the bottom half of the BIG 10, does your coach really need to be paid like the top half coaches are paid ? to me, salary should be dictated by performance, not by potential.

I could have coached today. yes, we would have lost and gotten blown out. But at least, we would have saved some money that could be spent on upgrading our library facilities. maybe upgrade some software. spend the money on meaningful endeavors.

my entire point is not what brohm did. But look at the cost of his victories. Hope could have provided almost the same results at 1/5th the price. and isn't that what our society is all about today ? fiscal efficiency ? why spend $5 million a year when you can get almost the same product for less than $1 million ? WalMart is thriving. Macy's is not.

get rid of your football mentality. start looking at Purdue athletics from a business perspective. because that's what in reality it is. Purdue athletics is a business. it's no longer a college extracurricular activity. ITS A BUSINESS. A BIG BUSINESS. and today we saw the results of a very bad personnel decision. the decision cost us a lot of money. who takes the blame ? NIL ? the players? the coaching staff ? the AD ? Hope's product wasn't very good. Hope was somewhere between a Dollar general and a Walmart. But was Brohm much better than a Walmart or a Kroger ? Brohm was paid like a Mercedes or BMW, and what he produced was more like a KIA, or Suburu. if I wanted a KIA, I would have kept Hope. Hope produced a lot more bang for the buck .

now do you understand what I'm saying ? I'm not a hope fan. I'm not a walmart fan. I'm a Purdue fan. and for the money Brohm and hazell and Walters were paid, I expected a lot more than what Hope delivered. I expected 8-9 win seasons EVERY year, not once in a blue moon. I expected wins over big time schools, not once in awhile upsets. is Purdue even better than IU ? I'm sad to say, right now it's a toss up.
If you think hope was as good as brohm you have no football knowledge. Yes I’ll take the OT win over Tennessee in a bowl game that was incredible . Yes I’ll take the big ten championship game we held Michigan to one score lead into the second half. Yes I’ll take our bowl win over Arizona. It is a busienss and the Purdue football stock was way higher under brohm and he was with every penny we game him.

His last job was coaching OL at EKU….
Not sure your point. You think he had literally no other opportunities? Seems logical to me that he could have wanted to settle back in that area after spending a good chunk of his coaching career there.

Not sure your point. You think he had literally no other opportunities? Seems logical to me that he could have wanted to settle back in that area after spending a good chunk of his coaching career there.
My point is he went to be a position coach at an FBS school while brohm is a head coach of a ranked acc program for second year in row. It’s ludicrous to say hope was as effective as Brohm.

Reactions: Bippus33
My point is he went to be a position coach at an FBS school while brohm is a head coach of a ranked acc program for second year in row. It’s ludicrous to say hope was as effective as Brohm.
Maybe but your support of that is just as bad.

Hope was an enigma. For every upset, his teams got blown or beat by a lesser program. The final season, there were plenty of empty seats in ross-ade. It's hard to compare the salaries of Hope to the more recent staffs. The B1G revenue is up considerably since then. However, the support he got from the AD was noticeable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT