ADVERTISEMENT

Darrell Hazell level incompetence

This was so obviously going to be a failure from day one. Why we thought hiring a young defensive coordinator from Illinois was a good idea I will never understand. At least Haze won 11 games in one season as a head coach at Kent state, so it made some sense to hire him. This hire had disaster written all over it.

I fully expect Indinia to drop 70 on us and make it look easy.
Wait one minute, IU has a very easy schedule including UCLA...... LSU will kill UCLA!!!!
70 points, no way. Maybe 80......
Lord, help our Boilers...

• Haha
Reactions: BBG
This was so obviously going to be a failure from day one. Why we thought hiring a young defensive coordinator from Illinois was a good idea I will never understand. At least Haze won 11 games in one season as a head coach at Kent state, so it made some sense to hire him. This hire had disaster written all over it.
Exactly, could see the writing on the wall from the moment the hire was made. Chose not to renew my season tickets the exact same day. The AD went the cheap route at Purdue's highest point in football in years, and it's failed miserably. A solid hire could have continued to build on the success we were having, and now, we're back to big ten doormat unfortunately.

Exactly, could see the writing on the wall from the moment the hire was made. Chose not to renew my season tickets the exact same day. The AD went the cheap route at Purdue's highest point in football in years, and it's failed miserably. A solid hire could have continued to build on the success we were having, and now, we're back to big ten doormat unfortunately.
If we would have hired an offensive minded head coach(what has shown to historically work for us) from a smaller school and it didn’t work out, you can live with that hire. At least you gave it a good shot. This hire was just so out of left field, you really wonder what they were thinking hiring him.

If we would have hired an offensive minded head coach(what has shown to historically work for us) from a smaller school and it didn’t work out, you can live with that hire. At least you gave it a good shot. This hire was just so out of left field, you really wonder what they were thinking hiring him.
Unfortunately at the time he may have been the best they could get.

Unfortunately at the time he may have been the best they could get.
I have a really hard time believing that. Even low tier big ten programs are still really good jobs that pay a lot of money. We definitely could have gotten an experienced guy from a small school IMO. We got Brohm right after the Hazell debacle.

Reactions: boilermaker75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT